• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#321 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
  • Site Supporter
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by SummerDawn 

The problem I am facing is that my TA already confirmed the $1500 resort credit and it is on my website and everything... so now hearing that palace resorts themselves havent confirmed that is concerning!

From speaking directly with my TA, she has informed me that she has already locked in the $1500 resort credit promo for some 2012 bookings.  I got them same response from MP directly, that they haven't released the promos for 2012 yet...but at this point, I wouldn't worry about it.  The TA said she could lock it into the contract.  The only stipulation is that MP could change the promo for another promo that is equal or better if they choose.  At this point, I am operating under the premise that if my TA locks in the $1500 resort credit promo into the group booking contract, we are entitled to it...one way or another. 

As for photographers go....if you are using Del Sol or LaLuna, contact Matt Adcock directly.  My understanding is that he has a great working relationship with MP, and he can set it up so that you only need to pay for a day pass.  For anyone using other photographers, and worried about having to purchase a room...I would just tell MP that you don't need thier photographer, and one of your guests is going to shoot the wedding.  Then just pay for day passes for them.  That is all that needs to be done.  You start to open yourself up to them trying to bump extra fees on, when you tell them you are bringing in outside photographers.  There is nothing to say that a photographer from the Cancun area is not actually your guest for the wedding.  Maybe you know them personally.  Maybe they were going to attend either way.  They have decided they will shoot the wedding.  All that is needed is a day pass. 

Finally, I AM NOT OK with waiting until 90 days out to start booking my preferred locations.  Some final details (food menus, flower choices, etc) can easily be done in the last 90 days.  But there is no way Im going to sit and WAIT for the next year, just to find out that my preferred locations are unavailable, because someone else booked them already.  I know where I want my locations to be.  Im booking private events.  I would like to lock in those locations now.  Its quite frustrating that I have not been able to press my Miami contact to get in me touch with an on-site planner...even to book private events.  I will be travelling to MP in May 2011 to do a site visit, and have already have an appt. with an on-site WC.  I am hoping to lock in locations for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at THAT TIME.  Has anyone gone for a site visit, and were able to meet with a WC and lock in locations?

#322 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
    • Site Supporter
    • 261 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:39 AM

One last note, for anyone still concerned about outside vendors.  I requested that the line in my contract about 'no outside vendors permitted' be changed or eliminated to allow outside vendors.  My Miami contact shot me down, HOWEVER....she replied, "we can not add into the contract that you could use outside vendors, becuase the only oustide vendor you could use would be a photographer, AND YOU WOULD HAVE TO PURCAHSE A DAY PASS FOR THEM." 

That is a direct quote from my Miami contact. 

#323 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
      • 2,136 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:01 AM

Ladies,

For anyone interested, I put a review up for my Boarding Pass invites that Sarah from Sproullie Designs did.  I received them on Friday, however; I spend my weekends at FI's house and "I'm not allowed to work, just relax there."  So, I guess if you do a search or go to vendors, invitations and then Sproullie Designs you will see my review along with 2 pictures.  We are ultra excited, and as soon as we receive our stamps I will be mailing these babies out. 

#324 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
        • 324 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

I just took a look and they look AWESOME! SO nice. I am going to try and add a picture of mine... lets see if it works!!

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

Ladies,

For anyone interested, I put a review up for my Boarding Pass invites that Sarah from Sproullie Designs did.  I received them on Friday, however; I spend my weekends at FI's house and "I'm not allowed to work, just relax there."  So, I guess if you do a search or go to vendors, invitations and then Sproullie Designs you will see my review along with 2 pictures.  We are ultra excited, and as soon as we receive our stamps I will be mailing these babies out. 

#325 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
          • 324 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:21 PM

invite4.jpginvite1.jpg

#326 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
            • 324 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:22 PM

Alright... looks like they worked! Now this is just my first print of them so let me know if you ladies have any suggestions!!! I did them myself so I can still make any changes!!

#327 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
              • 2,136 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:21 PM

SummerDawn,

These are very pretty!  And you did an awesome job on your DIY!! 

Alright... looks like they worked! Now this is just my first print of them so let me know if you ladies have any suggestions!!! I did them myself so I can still make any changes!!

#328 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                • 2,136 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:22 PM

Thanks a bunch. I am too pleased with them!

I just took a look and they look AWESOME! SO nice. I am going to try and add a picture of mine... lets see if it works!!

#329 beatyea

beatyea
                  • 288 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

Hey- I also have Michelle as a WC and asked her about getting the $1500 resort credit in the contract and she told me not to worry, that it will be honored!!!  So I have it saved in my email in case they try not to honor our guests room's having the credit.

#330 krsmith

krsmith
                    • 528 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:41 PM

Welp...I had my first "don't think we will be coming" due to "concerns about safety". I guess I had to expect it to happen at some point! I just had to do my best to be supportive and try not to sound pushy in any way. I wanted to be ready for this, so I put together an email to send to the people who might say that with websites and articles about how the risks are SO LOW in Cancun! I hope this will help convince people that its ok to go to Mexico! I actually am thinking about putting up a page on our website dedicated to reassuring people they have nothing to be scared of! 

Here is just ONE good site I found!

http://www.cancuniss...safe-to-travel/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users