YAY!!!! WhooHooo.. Let's get it!!

Alright Ladies- THIS is OuR YEaR!!!!!!!  Bring on 2-0-1-2

#3072 CafeDelMar21

CafeDelMar21
    • 130 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by summer12 

To a year filled with memories we will never forget!!

#3073 YWS2012

YWS2012
      • 393 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

YES !!!!

LET THE COUNT DOWN BEGIN ....READY ...SET ...GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

#3074 Gina Bina

Gina Bina
        • 29 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

Can you share the florist info?

Originally Posted by echraide 

I looked at the new packages too and just decided that it was too costly for how many items we really didn't need. We found a great local florist so we'll be using him to do the ceremony/reception flowers. He'll deliver to the hotel and the WC will set up. It'll be a fraction of what the costs would have been. But, if you are in love with a package you should do it!

As for photography, I looked at the sample books that they had available at the resort and was not impressed. Some brides have been very happy with it from what I've read on this forum, but I did not feel that I would be one of them. I could't afford Del Sol (even though I am completely in love with their work), but I did love the work of their other, lower priced company, La Luna.  I posted a link to an even they did at moon palace.

http://lalunaphotogr.../delayne-james/
          Happy planning and congrats on the upcoming wedding!

#3075 echraide

echraide
          • 152 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:31 AM

I cannot believe it. 180 days to go as of today!

#3076 echraide

echraide
            • 152 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:31 AM

Sure!
               http://www.mayafloral.com/

His name is Marvin. There is a thread about him and the shop as well.

Originally Posted by Gina Bina 

Can you share the florist info?

#3077 CafeDelMar21

CafeDelMar21
              • 130 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:54 AM

Hey All!

My fiance absolutely LOVES motorcycles (Harlyes really) and I want to incorporate a motorcycle somehow in the ceremony (I have a cute motorcycle cake topper already).

Does anyone have any ideas as to a good motorcycle rental place in Cancun, whether the hotel would even allow it in the property, and ideas as to how to incorporate the motorcycle into the ceremony? 

Thanks in advanced! :)

#3078 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
                • 385 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

Tackled my first DIY project today with my sewing machine savvy aunt!  I saw these nautilus shell ring bearer pillows on etsy and fell IN LOVE.

BUT, not with their price tag.  Some were charging $40 not including shipping to Canada.

SO I made my own!! I ordered a large (5 - 6 inch) Nautilus shell off Ebay (cost $16 CDN) + $10 shipping to Canada.  For you US people, it might be a lot cheaper!!  

After that, I stopped at my local Fabricland and bought half a meter of satin fabric.  This was WAAAAAY more than enough.  I think I only really needed a foot MAXIMUM.  But half a meter cost me $2CDN, so it wasn't bad.

I purchased stuffing for $0.50CDN (again, didn't use all of it) and ribbon on sale for under $1.00.

Sew an oval pillow and stuff it.  Stitch your ribbon on the pillow.  Hot glue gun.  DONE!

So for less than $30 for Canadian ladies, I was able to DIY my own ring bearer pillow.  For you ladies in the states, I can probably guess it would cost you closer to $20!! <3

I apologize for the lighting in my house.  The shell is pearly white, satin pillow is white and the ribbon is champange.

IMG_3551.JPG

IMG_3549.JPG

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#3079 YWS2012

YWS2012
                  • 393 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

Great job!!!!

let the DIYing begin

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b 

Tackled my first DIY project today with my sewing machine savvy aunt!  I saw these nautilus shell ring bearer pillows on etsy and fell IN LOVE.

BUT, not with their price tag.  Some were charging $40 not including shipping to Canada.

SO I made my own!! I ordered a large (5 - 6 inch) Nautilus shell off Ebay (cost $16 CDN) + $10 shipping to Canada.  For you US people, it might be a lot cheaper!!  

After that, I stopped at my local Fabricland and bought half a meter of satin fabric.  This was WAAAAAY more than enough.  I think I only really needed a foot MAXIMUM.  But half a meter cost me $2CDN, so it wasn't bad.

I purchased stuffing for $0.50CDN (again, didn't use all of it) and ribbon on sale for under $1.00.

Sew an oval pillow and stuff it.  Stitch your ribbon on the pillow.  Hot glue gun.  DONE!

So for less than $30 for Canadian ladies, I was able to DIY my own ring bearer pillow.  For you ladies in the states, I can probably guess it would cost you closer to $20!! <3

I apologize for the lighting in my house.  The shell is pearly white, satin pillow is white and the ribbon is champange.

IMG_3551.JPG

IMG_3549.JPG

#3080 CMinDC

CMinDC
                    • 7 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

Hi, regarding your question about how to put people at ease who are worried about traveling to MX for a wedding, due to crime. Last time I looked, most the real bad violent crime was in the upper 2/3 of the country, not in the Mexican Riviera. I had a relative that said they could not go to MX due to the crime, this was a sibling who I really want to have there with me. So... I offered to look up and send them the comparison of crime rates in their town in northern central California and those in sleepy beach-side Tulum. They did not take me up on it to look up the comparison... but I must have had a good point becausew the next email they sent said they'd be happy to come. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users