Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#2481 lyates

lyates
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:44 AM

Im not doing a veil. I love the idea of one though...so romantic! Im doing an orchid in my hair

#2482 Smoylan

Smoylan
    • 202 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:56 PM

I got a dress by Paloma Blanca. It is duponi silk, so its really lightweight, and still has a full skirt (I will remove 2 of 3 layers underneath). I was thinking Id have to go with a short dress. I couldn't believe how light it was after trying on less expensive dresses that were heavy material (even though they appeared to be light weight).

I am getting married June 25, so it will be HOT. As soon as I put it on I cried! It was everything I didn't think I would be able to have for a wedding in June in Mexico!

I am paying double what I wanted to....but I get to wear it at my AHR too!! So it all equals out :)

I am wearing a short vail. My BFF is letting be "Borrow" hers!

#2483 beatyea

beatyea
      • 288 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:09 PM

I'm not doing a veil either after hearing a lot of times they get tucked into the back of your dress or you have to switch sides during the ceremony.  So I'm just doing a flower in my hair.

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b 

Thanks for the kind comments, ladies!!

Are you guys planning to wear a veil?  If so, what kind?  I hear it will be windy on the beach so cathedral length might be too much?

Congrats on finding your dress!

Originally Posted by Smoylan 

I got a dress by Paloma Blanca. It is duponi silk, so its really lightweight, and still has a full skirt (I will remove 2 of 3 layers underneath). I was thinking Id have to go with a short dress. I couldn't believe how light it was after trying on less expensive dresses that were heavy material (even though they appeared to be light weight).

I am getting married June 25, so it will be HOT. As soon as I put it on I cried! It was everything I didn't think I would be able to have for a wedding in June in Mexico!

I am paying double what I wanted to....but I get to wear it at my AHR too!! So it all equals out :)

#2484 beatyea

beatyea
        • 288 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

Well ladies these past 2 weeks I've checked some things off the list:

- Got my hair flower and flower sash for my dress

-Ordered our sand ceremony frame with our wedding information engraved on it

-Got my earrings for the wedding

-Ordered my new last name hanger for my dress

And I got everything from Etsy- I'm obsessed!!!! haha

Oh I also ordered some tote bags for our OOT bags from oriental trading company

#2485 Reesespieces

Reesespieces
          • 16 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:08 PM

Hi Jamie!

This is Bryan's fiance! Crazy coincidence! I went through all the Playcar Palace posts and was hoping to pick up a few more hints from the Moon Palace brides. I read your post without reading your name and laughed because it sounded like it could be us. I laughed even harder when I saw that is was about us!

Congrats on your engagement!! Steve let us know that you were getting married and the date because he wasn't sure if he could make it to both. He said yours was in Cancun though, so I was shocked to see you on here. Crazy that you'll be five min away! Bry might even be able to play a round of golf with your dad and Mikey. ;)

I was actually thinking about sending you a message on FB to say hi and congrats and maybe share some DW ideas. Sounds like you've had some mutual frustrations with getting in touch with your on-site wedding coordinator. I finally got a name and email for the PP on-site coordinator today from Janessa Lopez in the wedding department. Janessa's email is janlopez@palaceresorts.com, if you want to try to get your on-site coordinator contact info from her too. It's so frustrating that we can't start planning  things sooner than 3 months before. 

Glad I got to say hello!

Reese

#2486 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
            • 675 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

Congrats on finding your dress!  So fun!!!

Originally Posted by Smoylan 

#2487 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
              • 675 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:13 AM

WOOT WOOT!!!! 

Well ladies these past 2 weeks I've checked some things off the list:

- Got my hair flower and flower sash for my dress

-Ordered our sand ceremony frame with our wedding information engraved on it

-Got my earrings for the wedding

-Ordered my new last name hanger for my dress

And I got everything from Etsy- I'm obsessed!!!! haha

Oh I also ordered some tote bags for our OOT bags from oriental trading company

#2488 merrylee

merrylee
                • 687 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:46 PM

Okay ladies need some advice.  Got my bouquet pic from Marvin, but I am not 100% happy so I need some opinions.

mdf 3073.JPG

It's a mix of pink calla's, white and cream roses and pink ranunculus *my fave* and he has orchids in it.  Not a huge fan of orchids, I know what is wrong with me so I know I want them removed and adding pink roses and more cream & white roses?  

My predicament is that although I loved the calla's in another brides bouquet I am not sure it fits in mine plus I am not sure I like grouping all the same flowers together.  Would it be better if they were all mixed up or should I just leave it with roses and ranunculus?  I really like how they look together below.  HELP 

mdf 3071.JPG

#2489 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                  • 2,136 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

I love the first bouquet better but not a big fan of the flowers that are sticking out, I guess there the Lillie's. But how do you imagine the flowers looking with your dress? That's what matters most!

Okay ladies need some advice.  Got my bouquet pic from Marvin, but I am not 100% happy so I need some opinions.

mdf 3073.JPG

It's a mix of pink calla's, white and cream roses and pink ranunculus *my fave* and he has orchids in it.  Not a huge fan of orchids, I know what is wrong with me so I know I want them removed and adding pink roses and more cream & white roses?  

My predicament is that although I loved the calla's in another brides bouquet I am not sure it fits in mine plus I am not sure I like grouping all the same flowers together.  Would it be better if they were all mixed up or should I just leave it with roses and ranunculus?  I really like how they look together below.  HELP 

mdf 3071.JPG

#2490 merrylee

merrylee
                    • 687 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:16 AM

it is actually the same bouquet just different views.  Interesting huh?  The flowers sticking out are callas or the orchids depending...I think it if it was more uniform like mixed rather than all the same types together it would look like it belongs rather than out of place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users