Moon Palace 2012 Brides

:) thank you'

Coconoir, I absolutely love your 'thank you for booking' brochure! Such a thoughtfull, great idea!! I will definitely start working on the STD! I can't believe my wedding is in more than a year and I feel so behind with planning, haha.. I'm sure I will be okay because I do look forward to planning every little detail of the wedding!

Summer12, the barefoot jewelry looks stunning!! I love the colors too..

Ndvidul, I am so happy to hear that you are doing many diy things, loving it, and being successful with paint and word.. :) I didn't even think that's possible, but I guess I just have to start playing around with the software I have and if I feel suuuper inspired maybe someday I'll get photoshop. Or pay someone more talented than I am to help. I guess I'll try and go from there!

Thank you YWS2012 and everybody else for the nice welcome!

So...are there any other Nov brides out there?

Have a great Monday!!

These look great!  Love that the pic is actually from the MP! :)

Originally Posted by ChipmunkRN View Post

Got my Save The Date magnets!! I just love them, turned out better than I thought they would and they sent me 5 extra ones, PERFECT!!! Sent them out the day after they arrived, my FI was laughing at me getting home after a 12hr shift and addressing them so I could drop them in the mail in the morning. LOL. Now to find invites that work, that has been a challenge

The photo on the magnet is from our photo shoot when we stayed at Moon this spring, thought that was a perfect touch!

STD

welcome.gif Monica!  You made a great decision by choosing the MP!  I did my own website at mywedding.com.  I had Rebecca with Allurements by Rebecca do my monogram.  I  made my STD's on Vista Print (post card) and I am trying my hardest to do Boarding pass invites (special thanks to COCO!!!!) There are sooo many talented ladies on here that my Invites are simple in comparison.  I admire all the ladies on here that are DYI queens.  They have been so helpful to me!  You will find much inspiration on here.  Not to mention everyone shares shares shares!!!  it's so great!

Originally Posted by Dinescumoni View Post

Hello Moon Palace Brides!!

Congratulations on your engagement and on all of the wedding planning!

I am soo happy I found this website!! I knew I wanted to have a DW in Mexico, but it was mission impossible to decide which resort to pick. After spending countless hours on this amazing website and forum I decided to get married at the Moon Palace Resort. Beauuuutiful area, fun resort, amazing (seems like) weddings, and reasonable prices..

I want to get married November 10th, 2012. I sent in my reservation request and I am waiting to receive my contract... YAY! Are there any other November 2012 MP Brides around? What are you working on?

I have looked through hundreds of pages on btw and realized that many of you take on cool DIY projects. I would love to be able to do DIY things... STD, wedding website, so on but I am not sure where to start. I am thinking about the STD..should I pay a professional to design them or should I purchase Photoshop? What programs have you been using to create monograms and STDs and how user friendly are they?

:)

I look forward to getting to know you and planning all of the exciting details of my wedding!

-Monica

Coco!  I know!  I wish I didn't get so upset, but I am dealing with it!  and I feel better!  I am so excited about the people that are coming!  It's going to be so fun!!!  smile03.gif

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Jamie,

Don't get yourself upset over those that will not come!  With the economy things are harder for most than it was before, and some most be cautious as they may not know what is coming ahead.  But others (I have witnessed this) truly spend spend spend and then say "I'm broke" either way don't let them steal your joy!  You will still be a stunning & beautiful bride regardless of who comes.  And when those that came start talking to those that didn't they will be sure to regret not partaking in your most FAB day.  

Love them!!!  Great job!!!!

Originally Posted by summer12 View Post

Aww I just read the correction coconoir- No big deal at all I just wanted to say they turned out lovely for you!!  

Okay first WELCOME NEWBIES!!welcome.gif

I have been MIA for it seems like a day and you all are busy busy!!  My charger for my computer died so I have to use my FI's dinosaur which makes things difficult.  I have also put myself on a 2 week spending freeze (which my FI thinks is hilarious, but he'll thank me when it's over!) and have been sick.  Lucky for me my  Lame life LOL.smile27.gif

So what do I do when I have no energy to do anything but sit on the couch?  Sit on the couch and make things!!  Here's my DIY barefoot jewelry for my bridesmaids!! (Compliments of my amazing new nikon camera, which is the reason I'm on a spending freeze)  The one with more copper in the small beading is for my MOA.  I got most of the beads half off at hobby lobby (note- NEVER buy anything full price at hobby lobby- it will be half off in a week or two!  Just keep checking their ads.  LOL!)

SO psyched about them!!  I have to thank {RED-I} I totally stock your webpage for inspiration.  I would have purchased pieces from you in a HEARTBEAT if I wasn't already a jewelry maker myself!  wink.gif

Thank you!!!  It's is hard not to feel disappointment!  But it is what it is!!!  :)

Originally Posted by summer12 View Post

Also- about people not being able to make it- my heart drops a bit every time someone says they can't come, especially because I know they would have been there in a heartbeat if it were in my hometown.  In the end we need to decide if the romantic, adventurous idea of a DW out rules the lovely, traditional weddings.  For me and my FI's situation it does, but not without a little disappointment.  We are going to leave those thoughts here though- this is our day and we cannot wait to enjoy it with those who come.  I know I will be a beaming bride no matter what goes wrong in the planning, dealing with "mexico time" and who can't show up.  And you ladies help me with this when I hear about your own happy and sad times in this process.  LOVE!!

Thank you!!!  I know, I need to remember what its all about!!!!  ME!  HA!!! j/k (a little)  wink.gif

Originally Posted by ndvidul View Post

Dearest Jamie --- It's okay to feel disappointed, especially if you envisioned more of your friends there.  To reiterate what other ladies have shared about this with you --- your day is going to be magnificent whether they decide to be a part of it or not.  And it is indeed their loss.  They will be wishing they had made the effort to go when they find out what an awesome event and vacation it was!  It's hard to hear that your friends aren't going to join you, but you have several people willing to travel out of the country to celebrate with YOU!!  Concentrate on that.  I know you'll make it an awesome experience and love every minute of it, regardless of who decides to share in it with you!  xoxo

They look Awesome, I too love that the pic was taken at MP!!!  YAY!!!!

Got my Save The Date magnets!! I just love them, turned out better than I thought they would and they sent me 5 extra ones, PERFECT!!! Sent them out the day after they arrived, my FI was laughing at me getting home after a 12hr shift and addressing them so I could drop them in the mail in the morning. LOL. Now to find invites that work, that has been a challenge

The photo on the magnet is from our photo shoot when we stayed at Moon this spring, thought that was a perfect touch!

STD

Thank you thank you!!!!smile03.gif

Originally Posted by YWS2012 View Post

Jamie,

I'm sorry to hear about your guests not being able to attend your wedding..I know you wanted them to share in your special day,but as long as the most important people are there ( you & your FI) It will still be the most beautiful day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Hi Monica ~

I'm hoping to be a 11/2/2012 bride at the Moon Palace!  From what I've read so far, this forum is great and is going to be a huge help with planning!  We haven't gotten very far w/ the planning.  We're heading down next month to do a site visit before we officially commit to having it there.  Are you planning to or have you gone there?  Also are you working with a travel agent?  I started to work with destinationweddings.com and I'm not sure if it going to work out.

Look forward to talking w/ you and planning together!

Thanks,

Carrie

They turned out great

STD

Welcome Carrie and congratulations! You're in fabulous hands with the Moon Palace girls :)

Originally Posted by angel3379 View Post

Hi Monica ~

I'm hoping to be a 11/2/2012 bride at the Moon Palace!  From what I've read so far, this forum is great and is going to be a huge help with planning!  We haven't gotten very far w/ the planning.  We're heading down next month to do a site visit before we officially commit to having it there.  Are you planning to or have you gone there?  Also are you working with a travel agent?  I started to work with destinationweddings.com and I'm not sure if it going to work out.

Look forward to talking w/ you and planning together!

Thanks,

Carrie