Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#1991 kris10kay

kris10kay
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:06 AM

We spoke with our TA last night and realized a lot of our guests who said they were coming are not. So I am slightly panicked..the past 4 months I have been picturing our wedding reception being private. But now we will most likely have less then 35 so we may just have to do a semi-private (money reasons). Does anyone know anything about the semi-private parties? i.e do people still decorate, have a DJ/IPOD hook-up, does the photographer come to the semi- private dinner and take pictures still?? I have a million questions all of a sudden! I emailed Liana my questions but thought maybe I could get a faster answer from some of you ladies! Any help is appreciated

#1992 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
    • 385 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:30 AM

Lucy was my co-ordinator and apparently she has a new position so I am now assigned to Lily Sanchez *does a search on her now*

I also asked questions about the cost of booking a restaurant (other than the complimentary reservation).  Once I get an answer, I'll post them here!! I can't decide which restaurant I want!!!

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#1993 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
      • 2,136 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:41 AM

No. Here is our preliminary itinerary (preliminary only because if we have more than 35 people & qualify for free events we will have a bigger venue).

April 20th: Welcome Dinner @ 6:30- Arrecifes Terrace

April 21st: Wedding @ 5pm Tucan Gazebo

Cocktail Hours @ 5:45 Venando Terrace

Reception @ 7:00   Caribbean Terrace

If you have more than 35 people it is considered a private event and you must pay the private event rate, if you do not qualify for free events. 

Originally Posted by beatyea 

Are you doing a dinner instead of a reception?  I have my locations for the day of "on hold" - whatever that means and I didn't even think about the dinner rehearsal or welcome party! 

Attached Files

#1994 beatyea

beatyea
        • 288 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:04 PM

Oh ok thanks for the info!  I'm hoping we will hit the unlimited events- right now we have 42 room nights and the wedding party isn't even fully booked so I'm thinking we will! 

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

No. Here is our preliminary itinerary (preliminary only because if we have more than 35 people & qualify for free events we will have a bigger venue).

April 20th: Welcome Dinner @ 6:30- Arrecifes Terrace

April 21st: Wedding @ 5pm Tucan Gazebo

Cocktail Hours @ 5:45 Venando Terrace

Reception @ 7:00   Caribbean Terrace

If you have more than 35 people it is considered a private event and you must pay the private event rate, if you do not qualify for free events. 

#1995 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
          • 2,136 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:32 PM

I hear that, we have 1 more room to book to hit unlimited and like you some bridal party members didn't book yet.  I'm hoping that their days will be 3+ and hoping to get more bookers just in case people back out and forgo their deposits.  Just trying to push so that we will be covered.  Even if we get unlimited events, we don't plan on adding anymore things to do but just looking to save where we can.

Originally Posted by beatyea 

Oh ok thanks for the info!  I'm hoping we will hit the unlimited events- right now we have 42 room nights and the wedding party isn't even fully booked so I'm thinking we will!  

#1996 YWS2012

YWS2012
            • 393 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

Hi Ladies

Hope everyone is well ..

We haven't pick a location yet for our welcome yet, trying to decide on a restaurant that will accommodate everyone as far as food variety.. I 'm thinking international my FI wants Brazilian..so we need to get that check off the list soon. 

#1997 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
              • 2,136 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

YSW the Brazilian is equivalent to our Chima's if you've been.  There's plenty of variety for everyone (meat & non-meat eaters alike).  And just like Chima's you will have to got the salad bar.  Hope this helps

Originally Posted by YWS2012 

Hi Ladies

Hope everyone is well ..

We haven't pick a location yet for our welcome yet, trying to decide on a restaurant that will accommodate everyone as far as food variety.. I 'm thinking international my FI wants Brazilian..so we need to get that check off the list soon. 

#1998 YWS2012

YWS2012
                • 393 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:06 PM

Well Ladies I'm moving right along with my diy projects

Special shout to all the Brides on this website who a have shared all their wonderful ideas!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have completed my cards for the room key-holders no pictures just the template

I have also completed my welcome letter

This a booklet with helpful Spanish words & phase, the Spanish phase are very funny plus a few games

that's if for now..oh no .My pre-travel letter we made this into a game for our guest..My FI thought it would be funny to make reference to someone no one will know.. in the letter and see you notice it first..  

so now that it..

Attached Files

#1999 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
                  • 385 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

Should I make our dinner reservations now or should I send invites and wait for people to book first?

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#2000 YWS2012

YWS2012
                    • 393 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

Thanks Coco

and as I'm reading your responds, the FI is behind saying " See I told you it is just like Chima's" LOL

So he is having me email IIiana tonight to have her set our reservation... He is so funny... Thanks again

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

YSW the Brazilian is equivalent to our Chima's if you've been.  There's plenty of variety for everyone (meat & non-meat eaters alike).  And just like Chima's you will have to got the salad bar.  Hope this helps 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users