Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#191 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:56 PM

I looovvveee the lounge set-up. Yay thanks for the info.

#192 krsmith

krsmith
    • 528 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:31 PM

I have also been in contact with Katie from Deco Cancun! She has been really great so far! I think we will be using them for centerpieces and lounge set-up. I want to do A LOT of lanterns in different colors of pink and white, and was thinking I would bring my own. She said they DID have other colors than white, but they were SOOO expensive! I think it was like $5 per lantern! Yikes! 

I think we will bring our own and make "throwies" when we get there...the only thing I'm not sure of is how to string them! Any ideas???

Linens- I will probably bring my own...that is also something that is super expensive to rent. I think $4/chair and the runners are $7 believe? There are lots of great websites out there you can get those MUCH cheaper! Plus I have a creative DIY project I want to try for the table...scalloped edges!! I thought it was cute...I will do mine in pink though!

mwd106482_win11_tableredo1_l.jpg   Flowers- I think I might do what another bride on here did and order a bunch of flowers from a local florist and put them together myself. With all my research, as much as I like the idea of real touch, they are just about as expensive as getting them from the resort! I know you can have them forever...but what would I do with them!?    Bridesmaids: I have NO CLUE what I'm doing for them! I am going to buy their dresses since they are spending so much already (and they bought their own dresses last round), so I'm trying to find something affordable. My mom found the perfect-bridesmaid-dresses.com, and they seem pretty reasonable, BUT ordering online scares me! I want something flowy and beachy...this is what I have envisioned (but light pink with a fuchsia sash): BIL_677-2T.jpg   This is my dress...I actually got it in May. Its not the best picture since it doesn't show the shape, but it is beautiful! I ordered it in Ivory instead of the blue/silver shown here. I will post a pic of me in it as soon as I get one! I will be wearing a cathedral length veil too!   GR162_DEM7670.jpg   We are also probably going to go with Studio Suits for the guys' attire. HOWEVER I am worried that because they are linen, they will wrinkle the second any of them sits and will look all frumpy the rest of the time. I did order swatches from them to see all their colors. FI wants to wear all white, and have the GM in a beige color.    I also will be sending out my MIB STDs tomorrow! I will post all my pics tonight! Yay!    Thank you ladies for being so helpful! Everyones ideas help to inspire all of us! And if you are anything like me inspiration is NEEDED! haha! 

#193 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
      • 2,136 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:16 PM

KRSSMITH you go with your bad self!!!!  Your sizzling hooottttttt

I love your plans, they are coming together rather nicely and your dress is so beautiful!  Deco is definitely doing my centerpieces as I don't want to haul that much stuff.  I'm going to Luna bazaar for my lanterns they have so many gorgeous colors and textures.  They can string them for you (look at Vgirls thread).  So I think I will go that route as well.  Gosh you got me so excited!!!   I need to get on the planning (smile). 

I'm going to PM you because I saw your post on another site and I would like to get your feedback on something.

#194 krsmith

krsmith
        • 528 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:56 PM

Haha! Thanks!!!

Its amazing how organized I have become trying to prepare everything! I am on the same page as you. I do NOT want to haul a bunch of big bulky stuff down with me AND back! No Thanks! I will have enough to bring down with OTT, linens, and my own wardrobe! I will have to check out Luna bazaar...I did find some sites a while back that were pretty cheap...Katie seemed kind of confused that I was going to bring my own lanterns...I wonder if you have to provide the string? Vgirl's thread is saved in my "bookmarks"...all of her ideas are so similar to what I have invisioned! I actually bought her pink crinoline to go under my dress! Eeeeeekkkkk! This planning stuff is hard but SOOOOO fun and worth it at the same time! I think I might have to start my own planning thread to keep all of my thoughts and plans straight!!!

I got your PM. I hope it helps! I can provide you with more details if you decide you want to do it! :)

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

I love your plans, they are coming together rather nicely and your dress is so beautiful!  Deco is definitely doing my centerpieces as I don't want to haul that much stuff.  I'm going to Luna bazaar for my lanterns they have so many gorgeous colors and textures.  They can string them for you (look at Vgirls thread).  So I think I will go that route as well.  Gosh you got me so excited!!!   I need to get on the planning (smile). 

I'm going to PM you because I saw your post on another site and I would like to get your feedback on something.

#195 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
          • 2,136 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:09 PM

Thanks so much for the PM, I'm going to do what you suggested and read first.  So, I'm sure to contact you before I get started.  As far as planning I actually have all of my documents in folders on my external hard drive.  I have folders from Dresses to Shoes, etc..and as I gather I delete not to get side tracked.  I'm pretty set on what I want, now its about finding the best vendor or purchase what I want.  This little stuff adds up quick so, I figure I will purchase as the time pass not to be hit all in the end. 

Well it's time for me to sign off and say good night.  I truly can say that I have spent my day today here.. LOL 

Originally Posted by krsmith 

Haha! Thanks!!!

Its amazing how organized I have become trying to prepare everything! I am on the same page as you. I do NOT want to haul a bunch of big bulky stuff down with me AND back! No Thanks! I will have enough to bring down with OTT, linens, and my own wardrobe! I will have to check out Luna bazaar...I did find some sites a while back that were pretty cheap...Katie seemed kind of confused that I was going to bring my own lanterns...I wonder if you have to provide the string? Vgirl's thread is saved in my "bookmarks"...all of her ideas are so similar to what I have invisioned! I actually bought her pink crinoline to go under my dress! Eeeeeekkkkk! This planning stuff is hard but SOOOOO fun and worth it at the same time! I think I might have to start my own planning thread to keep all of my thoughts and plans straight!!!

I got your PM. I hope it helps! I can provide you with more details if you decide you want to do it! :)

Quote:
            Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

#196 krsmith

krsmith
            • 528 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:57 PM

Ok ladies I posted my MIB STDs! They are headed out tomorrow! Woo Hoo! 

Check it out! :)

http://www.bestdesti...cs#post_1541100

#197 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
              • 324 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

Wow you ladies are seriously so organized. I need to get on it!!! Your STD's look awesome - so cute!

#198 beatyea

beatyea
                • 288 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:12 PM

Hey girls!!!!

Reading your forum helped me make the decision to have my wedding at Moon Palace and I just got my contract in my email for May 18, 2012!!!! 

But I do have a question...when I sign the contract does that mean I'm excepting the group rates my wedding sales coordinator sent me or just reserving the date?

Attached Files

#199 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                  • 2,136 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:27 PM

Hi Beatyea,

You are accepting what's in the contract but you can also change things as time goes on "get a new contract or have things adjusted where and when needed."

Originally Posted by beatyea 

Hey girls!!!!

Reading your forum helped me make the decision to have my wedding at Moon Palace and I just got my contract in my email for May 18, 2012!!!! 

But I do have a question...when I sign the contract does that mean I'm excepting the group rates my wedding sales coordinator sent me or just reserving the date?

#200 lilstar714

lilstar714
                    • 28 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:35 AM

CONGRATS! and im so excited about your wedding date mine is May 19th 2012

Hey girls!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users