Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#1831 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

Ladies,

As sdamian once said a few post back "I speak what's on my mind" I'm true to a fault but, I also don't like to be taken advantage of, nor will I sit back and let that happen to others. SO, my soapbox messages the other day was to simply state that.  I don't like to be asked "what are you doing for this, what are you doing for that, how did you do  this and that etc." and then in the same breathe the person takes the ideas and does whatever, but fails to post pictures or share how they created it for themselves, or share their templates.  Heck my ideas aren't grand and because I'm no DIY queen, I have drawn a tremendous amount of help from this forum.  And in that same manner, I share when I'm done or even what I have in the process. In the few times that I could not share the exact template(s) because of a background that I brought, I simply removed the background and sent what I had.  So because I cringe at the ideal of my wedding being dupped  as I'm sure you would I'm myself.  As you can see I felt a little iconic LOL.  I'll continue to share basic things, and as always will share any templates that I have.  But in order for me to not stand on any more soap boxes and the like (which is truly not a part of my character) I'll simply go about things this way. This will insure my sanity along with the integrity of our wedding planning. 

Love you ladies and keep DIYing your hearts out. 

#1832 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
    • 675 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:16 PM

question....Do you ladies like the alternating palm tree with our wedding logo or should I keep one or the other....I like the alternating, but looking at it all day, I am not sure anymore.... 

All right ladies,

Coco, inspired me to get my booty in gear, especially since I am so slow at work.  I have started to work on my boarding pass invites.  Thank you again coco for all the templates!!! 

Please Please let me know what you think so far.  Obviously this is the beginning stages of them, but I would like to purchase paper soon and start working away on them.

Thanks!!!

Attached Files

#1833 YWS2012

YWS2012
      • 393 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:20 PM

well said ..Amen!!!

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

Ladies,

As sdamian once said a few post back "I speak what's on my mind" I'm true to a fault but, I also don't like to be taken advantage of, nor will I sit back and let that happen to others. SO, my soapbox messages the other day was to simply state that.  I don't like to be asked "what are you doing for this, what are you doing for that, how did you do  this and that etc." and then in the same breathe the person takes the ideas and does whatever, but fails to post pictures or share how they created it for themselves, or share their templates.  Heck my ideas aren't grand and because I'm no DIY queen, I have drawn a tremendous amount of help from this forum.  And in that same manner, I share when I'm done or even what I have in the process. In the few times that I could not share the exact template(s) because of a background that I brought, I simply removed the background and sent what I had.  So because I cringe at the ideal of my wedding being dupped  as I'm sure you would I'm myself.  As you can see I felt a little iconic LOL.  I'll continue to share basic things, and as always will share any templates that I have.  But in order for me to not stand on any more soap boxes and the like (which is truly not a part of my character) I'll simply go about things this way. This will insure my sanity along with the integrity of our wedding planning. 

Love you ladies and keep DIYing your hearts out. 

#1834 YWS2012

YWS2012
        • 393 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

Jamie5280

I like the alternating palm tress with the logo

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

question....Do you ladies like the alternating palm tree with our wedding logo or should I keep one or the other....I like the alternating, but looking at it all day, I am not sure anymore....    thank you chicas!!!

#1835 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
          • 2,136 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:27 PM

Hey Lady, I just pm'd you.  Doing homework with the little man so it may take me a while to respond.

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

question....Do you ladies like the alternating palm tree with our wedding logo or should I keep one or the other....I like the alternating, but looking at it all day, I am not sure anymore....    thank you chicas!!!

#1836 alaharri

alaharri
            • 41 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

Awww poor baby!  I have a Shih Tzu at home, too.  He was 6 weeks when we got him, so he's a big momma's boy.  He's my little man.  I hope she's ok!!!

Originally Posted by krsmith 

Thanks. Its been tough, but I'm hoping its just an easy fix. She seems fairly happy/normal otherwise! This was her last night before we went to the bday party:

DSC00561.JPG

Thats great!! You probably would have regretted decreasing later. We talked about doing the same with our Playacar Palace stay for the 5 days after the wedding. I was starting to FREAK about how much the wedding was going to cost (especially if we didn't reach our 75 nights) and thought we should cut it down or cut it completely to save money. In the end though we decided that this is a once in a lifetime thing, and even if we got to do it at another date it wouldn't quite be the same. GOOD going FI! You will be in HEAVEN when you get there! 

You are on a roll! WooHoo!! Oh man the dress is almost here!! Eeeek!!! I'm so excited for you! I need to try mine on again...its been almost a year!! 

Have you sent out any pre-travel brochures out yet? I need to start mine ASAP!!! 

#1837 merrylee

merrylee
              • 687 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:12 AM

We are getting married before Cancun.  Most of our guests know this, although we will technically be married our anniversary will not be until we are married in Mexico.

Originally Posted by TED731 

So my civil ceremony contract is due today if I want to keep the date I have... however naturally a monkeywrench has been thrown into the planning. My TA strongly advises getting married here beforehand to save $$, time and any unnecessary stress about legality, translation, etc. I'm okay with the idea, I need to run it by my Fiance... I guess we'd just keep it a secret? Unfortunately the two girls I know who have been married in Cancun that I know personally were married here before they left.

Is anyone planning to do the civil ceremony? Or was anyone planning to do that and switched to symbolic?

#1838 merrylee

merrylee
                • 687 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:48 AM

Oh ya!!!

I bought my dress this weekend!  YAY  I love it!  It's beautiful, but very popular.  I got Sottero Midgley - Adorae at the trunk show.  I just love it and now I understand why so many other brides do too!!!

#1839 summer12

summer12
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 156 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:30 AM

As I'm relaxing on my day off listening to RAIN! (Hasn't rain much in Texas this year... so it sounds wonderful)  I thought I'd catch up with you beautiful ladies...

These are beautiful :) They are going to LOVE them!!

Originally Posted by krsmith 

Right before I left for MT I got a VERY special package from

Summer,

Have you made an appointment at

Thanks for all your support ladies! I couldn't do this without you!

#1840 summer12

summer12
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 156 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:44 AM

Mrsbuff2b

I printed them at officemax, and I'm glad I did- they turned out much more professional looking and it saved on my printer/ink.  Highly suggest printing at officemax- very cheap!  Also I folded the back page in half which looked like an envelope and stuck my "save the date" magnet postcard in the middle of it.  If you want the template or have any more ??'s let me know!

Okay ladies I found my dress!!  My mom, sister, FMIL and FSIL went to Lulu's in Dallas on Saturday (which was shop number 3 that day) and we found it!

It's a Maggie Sottero- I added the belt.  I know people say "when you try on the dress you'll know" but I didn't believe them.  It was true.  My mom said "I hate when people say they're proud of their daughters because they're beautiful but you are so beautiful AND a great successful woman and I'm so proud of you".  I'm so glad I found it while mom and sis where visiting :)))))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users