Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#1791 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
  • Sr. Member
  • 2,136 posts

    Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:18 PM



    Hi!!!!!!!

     

    Thanks lady!

     

    Things have been good for the most part! Crazy, but pretty good. Every time I get back from a few days off I just get SLAMMED at work. Then it was more work from my house (I'm an Esthetician, and I do Lash Extensions on the side), a birthday party for a couple co-workers, AND unfortunately my baby girl Bianca (Shih Tzu mix) had to be taken to the vet early yesterday morning for testing. She may be in the early stages of kidney failure...OR diabetes. I'm completely crushed by it. She is the LOVE of my life and my baby. We have an incredibly close bond since I had her at 4 weeks old so I'm definitely her mommy. 

     

    Other than that everything else is good! Wedding planning is going well and I got quite a bit done while I was in MT. I'm at least feeling a little more relieved now that I have gotten a good start on some of those projects! 

     

    How are things your way?!?

     



     



    #1792 krsmith

    krsmith
    • Member
    • 528 posts

      Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:21 PM

      Thanks. Its been tough, but I'm hoping its just an easy fix. She seems fairly happy/normal otherwise! This was her last night before we went to the bday party:

       



      I'm sorry to hear about your baby Bianca!  Keep your head up!

       

      Wedding planning is coming along despite the post earlier!  I talked to FI when he came home and he said "there's no way in hell that we are decreasing anything at LeBlanc, that is not an option." Way to go FI but dang he was all serious about it (I was tickled pink;-)

       

      A few more packages on their way so I'll be able to check those off the list, dress should be here in November, and almost done with decor. 

       



       



      #1793 coconoir1908

      coconoir1908
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,136 posts

        Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:28 PM


        Bianca is a cutie!  Sending up well wishes for her and prayers for her mommy;-)

         

        We sent out the invites umm almost 2-3 weeks ago (time eludes me).  I'm was in the process of preparing to send a reminder out but heck I'm not going to badger people to book.  I've spent enough money on beautiful our website, STDs, and Invites so that's reminder enough lol.

         

        I wont' send out pre-travel packets until 4-6 weeks before our departure that way it will be some build up before we take off.

         

        You decide on flowers yet?

         

        Originally Posted by krsmith 

        Thanks. Its been tough, but I'm hoping its just an easy fix. She seems fairly happy/normal otherwise! This was her last night before we went to the bday party:

         

        DSC00561.JPG

         

        Thats great!! You probably would have regretted decreasing later. We talked about doing the same with our Playacar Palace stay for the 5 days after the wedding. I was starting to FREAK about how much the wedding was going to cost (especially if we didn't reach our 75 nights) and thought we should cut it down or cut it completely to save money. In the end though we decided that this is a once in a lifetime thing, and even if we got to do it at another date it wouldn't quite be the same. GOOD going FI! You will be in HEAVEN when you get there! 

         

        You are on a roll! WooHoo!! Oh man the dress is almost here!! Eeeek!!! I'm so excited for you! I need to try mine on again...its been almost a year!! 

        Have you sent out any pre-travel brochures out yet? I need to start mine ASAP!!! 

         

         



         



        #1794 coconoir1908

        coconoir1908
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,136 posts

          Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

          Fellow MP Brides, I totally have to get on my Soap Box as there is something that has been bothering me for a spell.

           

          We are all so very blessed to have come across such an amazing site to help us plan our DW.  For many of us (myself definitely included) this site has and is what we needed to give us that creative edge, push, & confidence knowing that we will have an amazing wedding because other brides thought enough of future brides to share their experiences, albeit good, bad or indifferent.  

           

          So we all must do our part to keep this forum going and to help other brides as we have been helped. The phrase "Pay it Forward" is far from finding something, re-creating it and not sharing.  It is far from taking & not giving.  Paying it Forward is being confident enough in knowing that you didn't create something but put a spin on it to make it your own.  Or maybe you made something and have shared it via pictures or a template.   Paying it forward simply means giving back.  What have you given lately?  Rhetorical question of course.  But if you don't pay it forward then don't take. 

           

          Thanks for listening soapbox over ;-)

           



          #1795 krsmith

          krsmith
          • Member
          • 528 posts

            Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

            While I was back home my mom and I decided to try and tackle some wedding stuff. The main stuff we wanted to focus on were the OOT bags and the decor. It was SO tough and we didn't even come close to finishing, but we got a good start! The first day we drove to all the different stores (Target, Walmart, Costco, Dollar Plus) to price some of the various items. We also spent hours upon hours at Michaels and Joann Fabric trying to get some good ideas for decor/oot etc. 

             

            For the OOT bags we ended up just buying a few things that were good deals for now, and working on getting the other stuff later once we got a better idea how many were coming.

             

            DSC00687.JPG

            Travel Lint Roller- $1 per 2 pack @ Dollar Plus

            Wrist Coils- $1 per 2 pack @ Dollar Plus (not in any particular colors I liked, but it was a good deal so I just said "screw it"!)

            Motrin- approx $12 per 50 count packet box @ Staples

            Lens Cleansing Wipes- approx $6 per box of 30 @ Walmart

            Not pictured here:

            Glow Stick Jewelry- $1 @ Michaels

            Hand Sanitizer- $1 @ Target (I found a better deal elsewhere, but they were cute and had a few scents)

             

            While I was home I also made the decision to change up my color scheme slightly. I had ordered convertible dresses for my 3 sisters in pink a while back. I liked the idea because my 2 younger sisters are incredibly tiny and couldn't fit into even size 0 at most places we went to and I didn't want to pay a ton to have alterations done, AND the fact they could all wear it how they wanted to. I HATED the color of pink it was when they arrived, and because the return policy sucked I wasn't able to return them, so I was just going to suck it up and use them anyways. Turns out it is the hardest color to match or even compliment! My mom suggested I look at getting them a neutral color like silver/gray instead. The next day I found a silver Suzi Chin dress at a great price! 

             

            SUZ-ob3m-004-1_550x550.jpg

            $49 on ideeli.com

             

            After I ordered these I was free to change my colors! I decided I wanted to go for a more "antique/vintage" look, so I changed my shades slightly:

             

            DSC00636.JPG

            Paper from Joann Fabric

             

            We worked on things like table numbers, the OOT bag, OOT bag labels, and tea light holders. The frames are just some my mom had that I used as a reference and to see what it would look like. After lots of shopping, we decided that we didn't want to spend the extra money on canvas totes and instead use gift bags. To add a little something extra we used a stencil and some silver metallic paint on them. (The pic is just a trial...we haven't decided on a design yet!) Labels were kind of put on the back burner since our computers weren't working well with the template download. We got several tea light holders and decided to just experiment with some paint, crystals, pearls, and lace. I wanted a "frosted" look to hide potential LED candles if it was too windy for real candles. 

             

            IMG_0789.JPG

            (The pink ribbon will either be replaced with nicer satin ribbon or none at all)

             

            IMG_0809.JPG

             

            I had ordered the Wonder Vases to play with and see how they looked for centerpieces. NOPE!! They looked pretty tacky and I didn't trust they would stay up. I think we decided on using Blume Boxes to put our bouquets in and use as centerpieces. I like this idea for the Blume Box decor-

            Silver-and-purple-palette.jpg

             

            OK ladies! I think this was about it! Not done with anything yet, but I am at least headed in some direction!

             

            Thanks for all your inspiration and support!

             

            Love to all! :) 



            #1796 krsmith

            krsmith
            • Member
            • 528 posts

              Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:14 PM

              Well said! Good thing I got my post in right after! TeeHee! :)
               

              Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

              Fellow MP Brides, I totally have to get on my Soap Box as there is something that has been bothering me for a spell.

               

              We are all so very blessed to have come across such an amazing site to help us plan our DW.  For many of us (myself definitely included) this site has and is what we needed to give us that creative edge, push, & confidence knowing that we will have an amazing wedding because other brides thought enough of future brides to share their experiences, albeit good, bad or indifferent.  

               

              So we all must do our part to keep this forum going and to help other brides as we have been helped. The phrase "Pay it Forward" is far from finding something, re-creating it and not sharing.  It is far from taking & not giving.  Paying it Forward is being confident enough in knowing that you didn't create something but put a spin on it to make it your own.  Or maybe you made something and have shared it via pictures or a template.   Paying it forward simply means giving back.  What have you given lately?  Rhetorical question of course.  But if you don't pay it forward then don't take. 

               

              Thanks for listening soapbox over ;-)

               



               



              #1797 coconoir1908

              coconoir1908
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,136 posts

                Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:19 PM

                Krsmith,

                 

                You have me cracking up over here, TeeHee ;-)
                 

                Originally Posted by krsmith 

                Well said! Good thing I got my post in right after! TeeHee! :) 

                 



                 



                #1798 krsmith

                krsmith
                • Member
                • 528 posts

                  Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:20 PM

                  Thanks again!

                   

                  We sent out our invites around the same time, so I am in the same place! I totally agree. I have put enough time and energy into the STDs and invites, as well as reminder emails. If they are caught off guard I know it wasn't my fault at least! 

                   

                  I haven't decided on when I am going to send our pre-travels out yet. I'm thinking once I get an RSVP I might send it right out, or wait until January. I definitely need to just get the brochure going at least. I'm terrible at that stuff so I will need all the time I can get! Now I need to decide if I want to pay for Vistaprint, or if I want to come up with them on my own...

                   

                  I have decided on flowers!! I am putting together a list of specific flowers like you suggested and more pictures with the flower/colors. I hope he "gets" it! Haha! I will send it your way ASAP! You are the BEST! :)
                   

                  Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

                  Bianca is a cutie!  Sending up well wishes for her and prayers for her mommy;-)

                   

                  We sent out the invites umm almost 2-3 weeks ago (time eludes me).  I'm was in the process of preparing to send a reminder out but heck I'm not going to badger people to book.  I've spent enough money on beautiful our website, STDs, and Invites so that's reminder enough lol.

                   

                  I wont' send out pre-travel packets until 4-6 weeks before our departure that way it will be some build up before we take off.

                   

                  You decide on flowers yet?

                   

                   



                   



                  #1799 coconoir1908

                  coconoir1908
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,136 posts

                    Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:21 PM


                    I am totally in awe!  You and your mom got a lot accomplished on your trip!  You weren't playing at all!  Go KRS go go go...  I love the dresses and the whole vintage look that you are going for.  The trails are great so I can't wait to see what the end product will look like.  Nice!

                    Originally Posted by krsmith 

                    While I was back home my mom and I decided to try and tackle some wedding stuff. The main stuff we wanted to focus on were the OOT bags and the decor. It was SO tough and we didn't even come close to finishing, but we got a good start! The first day we drove to all the different stores (Target, Walmart, Costco, Dollar Plus) to price some of the various items. We also spent hours upon hours at Michaels and Joann Fabric trying to get some good ideas for decor/oot etc. 

                     

                    For the OOT bags we ended up just buying a few things that were good deals for now, and working on getting the other stuff later once we got a better idea how many were coming.

                     

                    DSC00687.JPG

                    Travel Lint Roller- $1 per 2 pack @ Dollar Plus

                    Wrist Coils- $1 per 2 pack @ Dollar Plus (not in any particular colors I liked, but it was a good deal so I just said "screw it"!)

                    Motrin- approx $12 per 50 count packet box @ Staples

                    Lens Cleansing Wipes- approx $6 per box of 30 @ Walmart

                    Not pictured here:

                    Glow Stick Jewelry- $1 @ Michaels

                    Hand Sanitizer- $1 @ Target (I found a better deal elsewhere, but they were cute and had a few scents)

                     

                    While I was home I also made the decision to change up my color scheme slightly. I had ordered convertible dresses for my 3 sisters in pink a while back. I liked the idea because my 2 younger sisters are incredibly tiny and couldn't fit into even size 0 at most places we went to and I didn't want to pay a ton to have alterations done, AND the fact they could all wear it how they wanted to. I HATED the color of pink it was when they arrived, and because the return policy sucked I wasn't able to return them, so I was just going to suck it up and use them anyways. Turns out it is the hardest color to match or even compliment! My mom suggested I look at getting them a neutral color like silver/gray instead. The next day I found a silver Suzi Chin dress at a great price! 

                     

                    SUZ-ob3m-004-1_550x550.jpg

                    $49 on ideeli.com

                     

                    After I ordered these I was free to change my colors! I decided I wanted to go for a more "antique/vintage" look, so I changed my shades slightly:

                     

                    DSC00636.JPG

                    Paper from Joann Fabric

                     

                    We worked on things like table numbers, the OOT bag, OOT bag labels, and tea light holders. The frames are just some my mom had that I used as a reference and to see what it would look like. After lots of shopping, we decided that we didn't want to spend the extra money on canvas totes and instead use gift bags. To add a little something extra we used a stencil and some silver metallic paint on them. (The pic is just a trial...we haven't decided on a design yet!) Labels were kind of put on the back burner since our computers weren't working well with the template download. We got several tea light holders and decided to just experiment with some paint, crystals, pearls, and lace. I wanted a "frosted" look to hide potential LED candles if it was too windy for real candles. 

                     

                    IMG_0789.JPG

                    (The pink ribbon will either be replaced with nicer satin ribbon or none at all)

                     

                    IMG_0809.JPG

                     

                    I had ordered the Wonder Vases to play with and see how they looked for centerpieces. NOPE!! They looked pretty tacky and I didn't trust they would stay up. I think we decided on using Blume Boxes to put our bouquets in and use as centerpieces. I like this idea for the Blume Box decor-

                    Silver-and-purple-palette.jpg

                     

                    OK ladies! I think this was about it! Not done with anything yet, but I am at least headed in some direction!

                     

                    Thanks for all your inspiration and support!

                     

                    Love to all! :)



                     



                    #1800 krsmith

                    krsmith
                    • Member
                    • 528 posts

                      Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

                      Coming from you makes me feel even more accomplished! :) Thank you! I still have a lot of work ahead of me!
                       

                      Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

                      I am totally in awe!  You and your mom got a lot accomplished on your trip!  You weren't playing at all!  Go KRS go go go...  I love the dresses and the whole vintage look that you are going for.  The trails are great so I can't wait to see what the end product will look like.  Nice!

                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users