• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#1781 JLCarrera

JLCarrera
  • Site Supporter
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by merrylee 

I actually emailed the MP and asked if you are doing a symbolic ceremony if the 3 day rule applied or if that can be waived.  I was given the okay to waive the 3 days since I am already taking 2 weeks off as well, and I am getting married on a Tuesday.  I would confirm with your resort contact and then have your TA contact them as well 

I too had the same concern a few pages back. Both my TA and Iliana, the Cancun wedding concierge, confirmed that it would be okay to waive the 3 day rule for me as well because I am doing the symbolic ceremony. I think the 3 day rule mostly applies because of the blood work and the legal papers that are involved with the civil ceremony. I did, however, ensure that I received a written e-mail so that I'm not told otherwise once I get to Cancun.  I can't imagine anything worse than being told that our ceremony wont be performed because we got into town too late.

#1782 beatyea

beatyea
    • 288 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

You have so many rooms booked already and haven't hit the unlimited events yet???

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

Hola Fellow Brides,

Well 1 of my bridesmaids have to decrease the number of days that she will attend by 1 day & hopefully we can find a roommate for her. (I'm really thankful that with all that just happened that she will still attend).   Another bridesmaid decided to book elsewhere because it was cheaper ;-()  I have 2 other possible guest that RSVP and send their card back but didn't book yet... I'm mean really just hold on to the darn thing until you are decided.  UGHhhhhh  So since our invites went out we only added 1 new book.  Of course we never knows whose actually going to go until its deadline time.

we were really pushing for unlimited events but at least we will get something!  Depending on what the final count is, we very well may change the "welcome dinner" to a welcome get together so that we don't have to eat the cost. 

Enough of me gripping how's everyone's planning coming along

#1783 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
      • 2,136 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:07 PM

off by 3 room nights

You have so many rooms booked already and haven't hit the unlimited events yet??? 

#1784 beatyea

beatyea
        • 288 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:53 PM

Oh I see!  The nights at LeBlanc won't count??

off by 3 room nights .  FI and I thought about decreasing our stay at LeBlanc and increasing MP but we both don't want to do that.  We know that we have some definite will books and we were hoping to get a few more just in case some folks backed out at the end.  Blah

#1785 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
          • 2,136 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

I don't think so but my TA is working on it.  If so that would be great. 

Originally Posted by beatyea 

Oh I see!  The nights at LeBlanc won't count?? 

#1786 krsmith

krsmith
            • 528 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

Hi Ladies!!!! I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndvidul 

Update:

-  1 booking!!!!  (Yay!)  And another positive RSVP for another couple (which I know will book as well).  (Double Yay!)

-  My trainer says I've lost 10 pounds of fat and gained 3-4 pounds of muscle!  Woo hooooo!!  Been working my booty off the last few months with this (literally, haha... although not too much since my FI says I can't loose too much back there, LOL)! 

Happy Planning this week, ladies!!  xoxo

1) YAY for room bookings! We are STILL waiting for people to book! UGHHHH! The invites went out 2 weeks ago and still no new bookings and 3 "NO" RSVPs. :( Man we both only have 4 months left! Our guests need to get their butts in gear! LOL

2) WooHoo!!! Good job!! I know how hard that can be. I've been struggling to do that for YEARS! I can't imagine you'd have anything else to lose on your trim self! 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

OK!  I just sent everyone an e-mail to check out our website, but I guess I should have had you girls check it out first.  Now I am nervous.

Hopefully it's ok, but if you have time to check it out, its:

www.mywedding.com/jamieandryanmexico

Thanks girls!!!

GREAT website!! Looks just like mine (or did I should say)! Lots of great info. I might need to "steal" some of yours too! I love it!!

Quote:

Hola Chicas ;-)

Well packages are still trickling in and I'm still checking off the list of what has been received and what still needs to be purchased or DIYed.  Thank goodness the latter two list are dwindling down YAY!  There is a light at the end of the "we're spending $ every day or damn near tunnel" LOL

So the latest item that has come in are my garters.  Not really a big fan of them and despise the garter & bouquet toss but then I found a way to make it fun.  Well FI loves the Cowgirls I mean Cowboys Haha.. and I'm a Steelers girl all the way (I went to College in Pgh. started Grad school there, had my son there, etc...so I lived there for a good 10years).  We can't stand each other's team  and to top it off many of his friends are coming like the Steelers and some the Cowgirls so this will be fun... the end product is pictured below.

Ok MP Brides,

My Fi finally found the carmera phewwwww

OK GIrls here they are !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! drum roll please

Hola Fellow Brides,

Well 1 of my bridesmaids have to decrease the number of days that she will attend by 1 day & hopefully we can find a roommate for her. (I'm really thankful that with all that just happened that she will still attend).   Another bridesmaid decided to book elsewhere because it was cheaper ;-()  I have 2 other possible guest that RSVP and send their card back but didn't book yet... I'm mean really just hold on to the darn thing until you are decided.  UGHhhhhh  So since our invites went out we only added 1 new book.  Of course we never knows whose actually going to go until its deadline time.

we were really pushing for unlimited events but at least we will get something!  Depending on what the final count is, we very well may change the "welcome dinner" to a welcome get together so that we don't have to eat the cost. 

Enough of me gripping how's everyone's planning coming along

This has happened to us too. FI's step-mom and her 2 sons (his half brothers and 2 of our groomsmen) decided she couldn't stay the 6 nights she originally booked, and cut their stay down to 3 nights! Thats just crazy if you ask me...I mean if you are spending the money to fly all the way there you might as well get a good stay while you're there!! They will be missing out on a lot of our events/activities as well. Oh well...

I'm PRAYING that we reach the 75 room nights. To do all the things we want would cost a bunch extra so we would probably have to skip some events as well. 

#1787 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
              • 2,136 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:36 PM

KRSMITH....... BACK!  Missed you girly!  How's everything?

#1788 krsmith

krsmith
                • 528 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:44 PM

Right before I left for MT I got a VERY special package from DSC00660.JPG

DSC00664.JPG

DSC00665.JPG

316241_10150289773386236_209103866235_7646532_7261969_n.jpg

320675_10150289773351236_209103866235_7646531_5482200_n.jpg

#1789 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                  • 2,136 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!   Chelsea is so freaking awesome!

Originally Posted by krsmith 

Right before I left for MT I got a VERY special package from DSC00660.JPG

DSC00664.JPG

DSC00665.JPG

316241_10150289773386236_209103866235_7646532_7261969_n.jpg

320675_10150289773351236_209103866235_7646531_5482200_n.jpg

#1790 krsmith

krsmith
                    • 528 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:07 PM

Hi!!!!!!!

Thanks lady!

Things have been good for the most part! Crazy, but pretty good. Every time I get back from a few days off I just get SLAMMED at work. Then it was more work from my house (I'm an Esthetician, and I do Lash Extensions on the side), a birthday party for a couple co-workers, AND unfortunately my baby girl Bianca (Shih Tzu mix) had to be taken to the vet early yesterday morning for testing. She may be in the early stages of kidney failure...OR diabetes. I'm completely crushed by it. She is the LOVE of my life and my baby. We have an incredibly close bond since I had her at 4 weeks old so I'm definitely her mommy. 

Other than that everything else is good! Wedding planning is going well and I got quite a bit done while I was in MT. I'm at least feeling a little more relieved now that I have gotten a good start on some of those projects! 

How are things your way?!?

KRSMITH....... BACK!  Missed you girly!  How's everything?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users