Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#1351 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
  • Member
  • 675 posts

    Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:33 PM

    AAAHH!  So excited!!  Thank you!!!  :)
     

    Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

    I can only imagine how excited you are!!!  Make sure you drive safe and then jump all around and holler when you get home ;-)  You deserve it.  I'm going to PM you
     



     



     



    #1352 coconoir1908

    coconoir1908
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,136 posts

      Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:34 PM


      Exactly!  I love shoes so I always make them work with something.  I have a pair of Badgely Mischka's that I brought but then we changed our colors.  So I got an extra pair of shoes out of the deal LOL

      Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

      pps...I can't believe I forgot this one.  I want fuchsia shoes for my wedding, went to DSW on my lunch break and found the cutest pair!  I bought them!  HA!  Hopefully they will work, since I don't even have my dress.  but I knew I wanted this color!!!  I guess I can take them back if they don't work for whatever reason!



       



      #1353 alaharri

      alaharri
      • Newbie
      • 41 posts

        Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:44 PM


        We are having Photos in Cancun do our photography and TTD.  It is going to be $1000 for 4 hours of wedding, and $650 for the TTD.  They also use 2 photographers during the sessions, and give you a CD with all the pictures they took that same night.  We did have to buy a one night's stay for them, though.  I don't remember what the pricing for them was, but I thought I remembered it being very high.  I'm not sure whether or not it matters that La Luna has a good working relationship....in the long run, day passes are only going to save you $200-300, and I was told day passes do not allow the photographers to even get food/drinks there. 
         

        Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

        Thanks!  I got my contract changed to at least say we can have an outside photog but have to get them a room for at least 1 night.  I feel ok about that.  I contacted La Luna to check their pricing as I do know they have a great relationship with the palace resorts.  I am still waiting to hear from them, but I have a feeling they may still be out of our price range  :(  which is too bad, I love Del Sol and La Luna!  But I will wait to hear back from them.

         

        I thought about Marvin as well...So many girls do it without issues, but I assume they will catch on very soon.

         

        Hope everyone has a great weekend!
         



         



         



        #1354 coconoir1908

        coconoir1908
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,136 posts

          Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:47 PM

          A day pass always anyone that you purchase it for to be on-site from 7a-11p and enjoy all the things that the bride & groom has set-up for that day.  So in fact they will have a meal (and most photogs require it) for them as long as you have a place for them to sit.  The outside vendor policy is approximately $388 (I have the exact cost in an email) so based on going in April is pretty much equivalent of a 1 night stay in a single room. 
           

          Originally Posted by alaharri 


          We are having Photos in Cancun do our photography and TTD.  It is going to be $1000 for 4 hours of wedding, and $650 for the TTD.  They also use 2 photographers during the sessions, and give you a CD with all the pictures they took that same night.  We did have to buy a one night's stay for them, though.  I don't remember what the pricing for them was, but I thought I remembered it being very high.  I'm not sure whether or not it matters that La Luna has a good working relationship....in the long run, day passes are only going to save you $200-300, and I was told day passes do not allow the photographers to even get food/drinks there. 
           



           



           



          #1355 summer12

          summer12
          • Site Supporter
          • 156 posts

            Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

            OOT BAG IDEA!!

             

            Hey ladies, I've been looking at discountmugs.com which has SUPER CUTE customized gifts.  I'm really liking their tote bags, but it's $50 design fee, plus the more you buy the cheaper they get.  Anyone want to go together on some with me?  I was thinking a cute beach design with "Moon 2012" or something along those lines.  Also- they have other cute things too if anyone wants to do something else (shot glasses, mugs, IDK)

             

            http://www.discountm...te-tote-bag.htm

             

            http://www.discountm...e-jute-bags.htm

             

            http://www.discountm...on-tote-bag.htm

             

            http://www.discountm...g-backpacks.htm

             

            http://www.discountm...ord-shooter.htm

             

            A few I liked



            #1356 leenancy

            leenancy
            • Jr. Member
            • 212 posts

              Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:01 PM

              What is everyone doing for DJ services? I know MP's vendor is quite expensive but I'm not sure buying a DJ a room for the night will fly with the resort like I am doing for my photographer. Is there anyone who is trying to use an external DJ and how are you getting them into the resort?


              05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

              38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

              10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
              2 Guests booked through other services

              #1357 summer12

              summer12
              • Site Supporter
              • 156 posts

                Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:49 AM

                Okay I hear that Marvin is very quick to respond to other people but I have tried emailing him twice now with no response.  Any suggestions?



                #1358 beatyea

                beatyea
                • Jr. Member
                • 288 posts

                  Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:41 AM

                  I haven't heard from him since July- he does take awhile to respond but I hear he is worth it!

                   

                  Originally Posted by summer12 

                  Okay I hear that Marvin is very quick to respond to other people but I have tried emailing him twice now with no response.  Any suggestions?



                   



                  #1359 beatyea

                  beatyea
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 288 posts

                    Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

                    Since I heard the resort DJ isn't worth the money we are just going to do the iPod set up... but which one should we use PSAV or JSAV???  They are basically the same price.....and for anyone having a Welcome Party- are you having the iPod set up for that as well???

                     

                    Originally Posted by leenancy 

                    What is everyone doing for DJ services? I know MP's vendor is quite expensive but I'm not sure buying a DJ a room for the night will fly with the resort like I am doing for my photographer. Is there anyone who is trying to use an external DJ and how are you getting them into the resort?



                     



                    #1360 summer12

                    summer12
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 156 posts

                      Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:20 AM

                      Thanks!  Good to know!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users