Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#1331 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
  • 675 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:19 PM

Hi again!

I just got off the phone with FI and he is VERY concerned about the "no outside vendors allowed"  We want an outside photog.  For his peace of mind, what are you guys doing?

Are you just getting a day pass for your photog?

or

Are you getting them a room?

or

Are you using onsite photography?

I keep telling him that everyone does it, but he not wanting to sign the contract because of it.

Thanks!

#1332 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
    • 385 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

Ours also said no outside vendors allowed.  But we are flying in our photographers who will also be our guests at the wedding so there is no conflict.

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

Hi again!

I just got off the phone with FI and he is VERY concerned about the "no outside vendors allowed"  We want an outside photog.  For his peace of mind, what are you guys doing?

or

or

I keep telling him that everyone does it, but he not wanting to sign the contract because of it.

Thanks!

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#1333 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
      • 2,136 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:10 PM

Thanks so much leenancy and I agree with what bondgirl0772010 stated about using these in a different way.  We choose to use the passport as our invite as a fun reminder for people to get their passports so for us it serves a dual purpose.

Originally Posted by leenancy 

Lookin' fabulous coconoir!! Your guests are going to absolutely love those. I was think of doing boarding passes, but those passports look so good I might look into doing that. Love them!

#1334 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
        • 2,136 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:12 PM

We are booking our photog a room.  We choose this route as our TTD is early am the next day and our photog is taking us, so it just worked out better with getting him a room.  For us (before smile market) onsite photography wasn't an option.

Hi again!

or

or

Thanks!

#1335 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
          • 675 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:26 PM

We do not want to use the onsite photogs!  HA!

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

We are booking our photog a room.  We choose this route as our TTD is early am the next day and our photog is taking us, so it just worked out better with getting him a room.  For us (before smile market) onsite photography wasn't an option.

#1336 eldiexs

eldiexs
            • 154 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:34 PM

Hi Jamie: in my expirience the most of the brides use to book a room for the external photographer, that way they doesn´t had a problem with the hotel

Good luck on that

Best

#1337 beatyea

beatyea
              • 288 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:03 PM

We are booking a room for ours

Hi again!

or

or

Thanks!

#1338 krsmith

krsmith
                • 528 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

Coco- WOOOOOOOOOOW! Your invites are so beautiful! I bet you are so excited to send them out! Girl you are so on top of your game! I am MILES behind you and have only 5 months left! AHHHHH! I better get my game face on! 

I should be getting mine hopefully by the end of the week or beginning of next and sending them out pretty much right after! I did mine with Allurements by Rebecca. She has been so awesome to work with too! We decided to go with a more "traditional" cover for ours, but I LOVE how colorful yours are! Everyone will be so excited to go once they get these for sure! :)

#1339 krsmith

krsmith
                  • 528 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:31 PM

I am using Juan from Del Sol for our wedding day photography, and I never said anything about the contract. Recently I sent a big list of questions, and one of them was if I could just purchase 2 day passes for them. Unfortunately it isn't going to be as cheap as 2 passes would have been, but its not too far off. We just have to pay an outside vendor fee for each vendor we bring in. Del Sol and La Luna have a really good relationship with Palace Resorts, so I think that has helped make it pretty easy to get them in. I didn't even have to argue or push it at all! 

We're even having Marvin do our flowers on the down low...he is practiced in being very stealth about it! Haha!

Good luck!

Hi again!

or

or

Thanks!

#1340 krsmith

krsmith
                    • 528 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:35 PM

Speaking of Marvin....

Has anyone heard from him lately? He emailed me back pretty quickly the first time around when I was inquiring about his service, but my other 2 or so emails have gone unanswered for at least a month! He said he would do our flowers, but I still haven't put a deposit down to hold our date! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users