Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#1231 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
  • Sr. Member
  • 2,136 posts

    Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:43 PM

    Ladies,

     

    For those of you still looking for a dress you may find great deals from Priscilla of Boston as they are closing their doors 12/31/11.  They may have some great deals.



    #1232 mpweddingplan

    mpweddingplan
    • Site Supporter
    • 261 posts

      Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

      Hmmm, interesting. I was sure that if you were having a symbolic ceremony, the 3 days prior rule didn't apply. You may want to double check that with the on-site coordinator. We are flying in Monday for a Friday wedding, so it's not a concern. However, I honestly think it doesn't apply to symbolic ceremonies.

      #1233 mrsbruff2b

      mrsbruff2b
      • Jr. Member
      • 385 posts

        Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

        She said symbolic was two days in advance I think. =/
         

        Originally Posted by mpweddingplan 

        Hmmm, interesting. I was sure that if you were having a symbolic ceremony, the 3 days prior rule didn't apply. You may want to double check that with the on-site coordinator.

        We are flying in Monday for a Friday wedding, so it's not a concern. However, I honestly think it doesn't apply to symbolic ceremonies.


         


        Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

        Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

        Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)


        #1234 Jamie5280

        Jamie5280
        • Member
        • 675 posts

          Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:18 AM


          I thought that the 3 day rule didn't apply for symbolic either, but it does now.  I checked the palace website and had my TA ask the miami office a couple times.  We are now in the process of changing our wedding date to a day later because of this!  But oh well!  It will work out!! :)

          Originally Posted by mpweddingplan 

          Hmmm, interesting. I was sure that if you were having a symbolic ceremony, the 3 days prior rule didn't apply. You may want to double check that with the on-site coordinator.

          We are flying in Monday for a Friday wedding, so it's not a concern. However, I honestly think it doesn't apply to symbolic ceremonies.


           



          #1235 Jamie5280

          Jamie5280
          • Member
          • 675 posts

            Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

            I found out last week that it is 3 days for symbolic too!  I have to change my wedding date because of this. However, I am glad I found out now!!  Good luck!
             

            Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b 

            She said symbolic was two days in advance I think. =/
             



             



             



            #1236 Jamie5280

            Jamie5280
            • Member
            • 675 posts

              Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:23 AM

              I feel so far behind.  I didn't have internet at all this past weekend and I had jury duty yesterday!!  I hope everyone had a great long weekend!

               

              Quick question... my TA is trying to tell me that we have to have our room block in Nizuc, I want Sunrise, as my sister/MOH is bringing her kids.  I am sure this is false, though.  Should I keep pushing for Sunrise!?



              #1237 beatyea

              beatyea
              • Jr. Member
              • 288 posts

                Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:15 PM

                I have my room block in Sunrise!  There was no issue about that- my WC asked where we wanted to be....and if you want rooms with double beds then I think you have to do Sunrise

                 

                Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

                I feel so far behind.  I didn't have internet at all this past weekend and I had jury duty yesterday!!  I hope everyone had a great long weekend!

                 

                Quick question... my TA is trying to tell me that we have to have our room block in Nizuc, I want Sunrise, as my sister/MOH is bringing her kids.  I am sure this is false, though.  Should I keep pushing for Sunrise!?



                 



                #1238 ndvidul

                ndvidul
                • Jr. Member
                • 317 posts

                  Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:55 PM

                  Congrats on your RSVPs!!  That's awesome that you have 15 ready to go!  :)  Can't wait to see your invites. 

                   

                  Moon Palace officially confirmed reciept of our contract and said we are definitely booked!  Yaaay!  Now, we're setting up our room block. Hopefully, we can finish this up this week so we can send out our MIB invites next week!  For those of you that want a peek at our website, you can view it at

                  Good morning ladies!!

                   

                  Hope everyone is doing well! I feel so behind!! I haven't had a chance to check in on the board the last few weeks. Looks like everyone has been very busy. We have had so much going on with school back in session and work stuff.

                   

                  We did get our invites out about 2 weeks ago and have already received a few RSVPs back. So far we have 15 couples ready to take a vacation!!! Yay!!! So excited!! Now just waiting to see how many nights they book. We are really hoping to get the 75 nights as most of you are!

                   

                  I'm hoping to post our invites soon for everyone to see.

                   

                  Happy planning!!



                   



                  #1239 Jamie5280

                  Jamie5280
                  • Member
                  • 675 posts

                    Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:57 AM

                    Thank You!!!  I am definitely going to push push push for Sunrise!
                     

                    Originally Posted by beatyea 

                    I have my room block in Sunrise!  There was no issue about that- my WC asked where we wanted to be....and if you want rooms with double beds then I think you have to do Sunrise

                     



                     



                     



                    #1240 LurkerDan

                    LurkerDan
                    • Newbie
                    • 61 posts

                      Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:47 AM

                      I feel so far behind.  I didn't have internet at all this past weekend and I had jury duty yesterday!!  I hope everyone had a great long weekend!

                       

                      Quick question... my TA is trying to tell me that we have to have our room block in Nizuc, I want Sunrise, as my sister/MOH is bringing her kids.  I am sure this is false, though.  Should I keep pushing for Sunrise!?

                      I recall reading on here somewhere that different wholesalers (which the TAs use) reserve in different sections of the resort. Whether that is just a custom or a hard and fast rule, I don't know.




                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users