Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#1181 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
  • 675 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:23 PM

Thank you!  This very helpful and I will make sure I work out the outside vendor (photographer) before hand as well!

Originally Posted by ndvidul 

So, it looks like we will be switching to a symbolic ceremony at MP since it seems my Granny (a.k.a. my Matron of honor / the most important person in my life besides my fiance) won't be able to make it to Mexico now. :(  The good news is that we will be able to fly down to AZ to become legally married and include her and then still have our wedding at MP.  She is thrilled!

I just had some of my questions answered by my coordinator in Miami, and I thought I'd post them here in case you ladies find any of it helpful.  I would strongly suggest that brides who are about to sign their contracts and book their date ask their wedding coordinator about eliminating the outside vendor part in the contract like I requested below.  Even though she denied it (which I thought she would), now I have in writing that I only need to pay for a day pass for our photographer, saving us several hundred dollars in paying for a night for him! 

My initial questions are in black.  Her responses are in blue.  Then, I responded to her again in red, and her next answers to those are in purple!  (Some of the words combined for some reason when I pasted it in here - hope it's clear!)  I hope this helps someone! :)

2) We would like the line in the contract that says "Outside vendorservices.... are not permitted on premises" to be changed or eliminated toallow outside vendors.  Please be advised that this line cannot be eliminated from the contract, the only outsidevendor that the onsite wedding coordinator would allow will be thephotographer, everything else will be with our vendors.  Okay.  Doesthis mean our outside vendor photographer could be on premises for free orwould we need to purchase a day pass?  Pleasebe advised that you will need to purchase a day pass of the photographer.

3) We do not have to put any money down in order to book a complimentary weddingpackage, correct?  Now that we're doing a symbolic ceremony, does the $300still apply?  Will our contract reflect this?  Would we be able tobring our own officiant from home? Pleasebe advised that there is no deposit required if you change your wedding tosymbolic, due to it is a complementary wedding. Please be informed that you maybring your own minister, if so please let me know and we will not submit a requestfor ours. Please remember that if your minister does not make it the weddingwill not be performed as our minister has to be confirmed in advance.  Is there a charge to use your minister uponthe day of the wedding?  ($300?)   What are the translation fees for documents?  Please be advised that for a minister there is no fee asthere is no paper work. Please be informed that there is a fee if you requestfor a judge and do a civil ceremony, legally binding.

4)  Are we able to reserve a beach wedding for our time slot already and get this in writing in the contract? Please be advised that the location of the ceremony is reserved with your onsite wedding coordinator. Please be informed that it cannot be added to the contract as we do not handle the wedding details and locations. Our contract is to confirm the date, time, property and wedding collection.

5)  If we do a room block through my parents' membership, do we need to put any money down for this room block?  If not, could we have this in writing in the contract? Please be advised that there is not deposit required for the room block. Once we have a signed contract, you will need to let me know about how many rooms you would like for me to hold, so I can request a reservation link form the technicians in Mexico so your guests can make their room reservations at their own time. This link will be available to you and your guests up to 2 months prior to arrival.This is not added to the contract as the contract does not relate to the rooms, just ceremony.

6)  Are the Resort Credits (listed below) still available to us (bride and groom) and our guests if we book using our parents' membership?  Could our contract reflect this please?

- $2000 for 9 or more nights

- $1500 Resort Credit per room for stay of 5 or more nights

- $750 Resort Credit per room for stays of 4 nights

- $500 Resort Credit for stays of 3 nights

Please be advised that in order for you and your guests to qualify for the resort credits all rooms need to be confirmed with full payment by December 15, 2011 to be able to qualify. Any rooms confirmed after this date will not qualify for the resort credit.This is not added to the contract as the contract does not relate to the rooms, just ceremony.

7)  Could our contract please list in writing the Added Values program for weddings?  When would we be refunded any money we've put down towards our room (bride and groom) if we qualify for complimentary nights?  Could our contract have this in writing also, please? 

-15 room nights:Complimentary cocktail (hour?) after ceremony

-30 room nights:Complimentary cocktail (hour?) after ceremony, 2 complimentary nights for bride & groom (+$20 per night)

-60 room nights:Complimentary cocktail (hour?) after ceremony OR complimentary upgrade to private function, 4

complimentary nights for bride & groom (+$20 per night)

-75 room nights: Unlimited private functions, 7 complimentary nights for bride & groom, complimentary room upgrade for bride

& groom

Please be advised that the refund for the comp nights is handled by the auditors at the property, as I have mentioned before the contract is only to confirm your ceremony. The refund should be received by you within 6 to 8 weeks of your ceremony.

8)  As a request, we would like to not have Father Benito as our officiant/judge if we do use a Moon Palace judge.  Is this possible? Please be advised that Father Benito is a priest and not a judge. Our judge cannot be substituted as the government assigns one to the region and is the one that needs to be present for legally binding.

#1182 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
    • 2,136 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

I have read on this site that he isn't the best to put it mildly

Thanks for posting this.  I had asked for that clause to be removed but they said they wouldn't.  I've already signed the contract.  I'm flying in my photographers and will be listing them as guests (if they stay at Moon Palace).  If not, I will likely pay the guest day pass as well.  I don't plan on using any outside vendors (no flowers). 

May I ask why you did not want Father Benito? 

#1183 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
      • 385 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

He's a priest.  So does that mean if we have a civil ceremony he will for sure not be the one officiating? XD

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

I have read on this site that he isn't the best to put it mildly

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#1184 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
        • Site Supporter
        • 261 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

Correct. He only does Catholic ceremonies. (as far as I'm aware).

#1185 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
          • 385 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:41 PM

I asked Janina to send me the script for the civil ceremony and the default one was too religious.  I asked for a more "secular" script and she sent it to me...

Janina also told me were were not allowed to adjust the ceremony in anyway. =/  I'm not thrilled about the words being said in either script. Eh...

I've colored the parts I don't really like, but I guess that's just me being picky but I hate to have to "cringe" at it on my wedding day.

CIVIL MARRIAGE

IN THIS BEAUTIFUL PARADISE OF CANCUN, MUNICIPALITY OF BENITO JUAREZ, STATE OF QUINTANA ROO, MEXICO, WE ARE GATHERED HERE TO CELEBRATE THE CIVIL MARRIAGE OF (GROOM´S FULL NAME) AND (BRIDE´S FULL NAME) YOU ARE BOTH (NACIONALITIES) CITIZENS, YOUR WITNESSES (FULL NAME OF THE 4 WITNESSES).

IN THIS SPECIAL OCCASION YOU SHOULD RECALL THE MOMENTS WHEN YOU FIRST MET, AND ALL THE EVENTS THAT MAKE YOU COME TO THIS PLACE AT THIS TIME.

YOU ARE BOTH ENTERING INTO A UNION THAT IS THE MOST INTIMATE, IT IS THE MOST PRECIOUS RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE.

FROM TODAY ON, YOUR LIVES WILL BE GREATLY AFFECTED, YOUR TRUSTING ONE TO ANOTHER YOUR SUCCESS AND HAPPINESS OF YOUR FUTURE TOGETHER.

NOW IN ORDER TO LEGALIZE YOUR MARRIAGE, WE WILL SIGN THESE DOCUMENTS.

(SIGNING OF DOCUMENTS)

TO CONTINUE WITH THIS CEREMONY I WILL SAY SOME VOWS TAKEN FROM A LETTER WRITTEN BY A MEXICAN PHILOSOPHER IN THE LAST CENTURY, SR. MELCHOR OCAMPO.

HE WROTE THAT: “MARRIAGE IS THE ONLY LEGAL WAY TO FOUND THE FAMILY, TO PRESERVE MANKIND, AND AVOID THE IMPERFECTIONS OF HUMAN BEINGS, WHO ARE ABLE TO GET THE PERFECTIONS OF HUMAN RACE IN THE CONYUGAL DUALITY.

MARRIED PEOPLE SHOULD BE, AND WILL BE, SACRED ONE TO EACH OTHER, MORE THAN TO THEMSELVES.

MAN AND WOMAN HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS, BUT THEIR RESPECTIVE OBLIGATIONS.

EACH ONE SHOULD HAVE AND WILL HAVE: RESPECT, FIDELITY, TRUST, TENDERNESS, AND LOVE, LOTS OF LOVE.

DO NOT FIGHT ONE WITH ANOTHER, USE YOUR HEAD INSTEAD OF YOUR HANDS TO CORRECT SOMETHING WRONG.

BOTH OF YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE GREAT RESPONSABILITIES OF BEING PARENTS, BECAUSE YOU SHOULD PROVIDE YOUR CHILDREN WITH: ATTENTION, GOOD EXAMPLE, EDUCATION, RESPECT, FOOD AND LOVE. THEY SHOULD SEE IN YOU AS A WORTHY EXAMPLE TO FOLLOW DURING THE REST OF THEIR EXISTENCE.”

(READING OF A POEM)

FOR ALL THESE REASONS AND IN THE PRESENCE OF YOUR WITNESSES I ASK YOU

(GROOM) DO YOU TAKE THIS WOMAN TO BE YOUR LAWFUL WEDED WIFE, TO LIVE TOGETHER, IN THE ORDINANCES AND THE STATE OF MATRIMONY, TO HONOR AND LOVE HER, THROUGH SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH, AND KEEP YOU ONLY INTO HER FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE?

(BRIDE) DO YOU TAKE THIS MAN TO BE YOUR LAWFUL WEDED HUSBAND, TO LIVE TOGETHER, IN THE ORDINANCES AND THE STATE OF MATRIMONY, TO HONOR AND LOVE HIM, TROUGH SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH, AND KEEP YOU ONLY INTO HIM FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE?

NOW IN THIS SIGNIFICANT MOMENT YOU WILL INTERCHANGE YOUR WEDDING RINGS.

(RINGS INTERCHANGE AND IF THEY WANT, VOWS OF THEIR OWN)

(GROOM AND BRIDE) IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU REMEMBER FROM THIS MARRIAGE CEREMONY IT IS THAT IT WAS LOVE THAT BROUGHT YOU HERE TODAY, IT IS LOVE WHICH CAN MAKE IT A GLORIOUS UNION, AND IT IS BY LOVE THAT YOUR MARRIAGE SHALL ENDURE.

SO ON BEHALF OF THE LAW AND THE SOCIETY, AND WITH THE AUTHORITY GRANTED ME BY THE MUNICIPALITY OF BENITO JUAREZ, IN THIS BEAUTIFUL PARADISE OF CANCUN, I PRONOUNCE YOU HUSBAND AND WIFE.

CONGRATULATIONS, AND YOU MAY KISS YOUR BRIDE

#1186 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
            • 2,136 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:43 PM

I think they have a minister and priest but don't quote me! 

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b 

He's a priest.  So does that mean if we have a civil ceremony he will for sure not be the one officiating? XD

#1187 ndvidul

ndvidul
              • 317 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

Yes, I requested to not have Father Benito because as Coconoir beautifully put it - I didn't read the best things about him on here. :) 

Mrs. Bruff, I think that for civil ceremonies they use a judge.  I'm changing ours to a symbolic ceremony, so my Miami Coordinator said that she'd have to cancel the judge she confirmed in order to now arrange for a minister for us.  Thank you so much for posting the script and bringing up this topic!  I'm going to make a point to ask to see the symbolic ceremony script.  I just don't want to believe that they can't adjust the script in any way.  What if we want to add other blessings, etc.?  Anyone else know about this?  Also, I'm curious about what you're going to use to decorate if you're not using flowers.  I'm trying to cut down on costs anyway I can but still make the experience a beautiful one.  Are you using any other decorations?

On a totally unrelated note - how do you gals include the post you're responding to in your post?  Like above, Coconoir, you had MrsBruff's comment in your post?  I've been trying to figure this out...

Goodnight, beautiful ladies!  So thankful we're able to connect on here.

#1188 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
                • 385 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

If you're able to find a way for them to allow some adjusting of the ceremony script, please let me know.  

For ceremony, we'll probably buy one judges table flower thing.  I'll likely be bringing my own organza sashes for chairs and using rose petals to line the aisle.  I don't think I will be doing much else as I'd like the beach to speak for itself. =)  If I do anymore, I MAY bring some shepherds hooks and hang pomanders, paper lanterns or birdcages from them.  No clue. 

To "quote" someone, look at the bottom right of their post and click "quote".

Yes, I requested to not have Father Benito because as Coconoir beautifully put it - I didn't read the best things about him on here. :) 

Mrs. Bruff, I think that for civil ceremonies they use a judge.  I'm changing ours to a symbolic ceremony, so my Miami Coordinator said that she'd have to cancel the judge she confirmed in order to now arrange for a minister for us.  Thank you so much for posting the script and bringing up this topic!  I'm going to make a point to ask to see the symbolic ceremony script.  I just don't want to believe that they can't adjust the script in any way.  What if we want to add other blessings, etc.?  Anyone else know about this?  Also, I'm curious about what you're going to use to decorate if you're not using flowers.  I'm trying to cut down on costs anyway I can but still make the experience a beautiful one.  Are you using any other decorations?

On a totally unrelated note - how do you gals include the post you're responding to in your post?  Like above, Coconoir, you had MrsBruff's comment in your post?  I've been trying to figure this out...

#1189 ndvidul

ndvidul
                  • 317 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:33 AM

I did it!  Haha, thanks for letting me know about the "quote."

Your ideas on decorating have got my wheels turning.  Are the rose petals going to be real?  If so, how are you going to get them through customs?  Also, may I ask, how many sashes are you bringing and what cost did you find them for? 

I love the idea of paper lanterns or pomanders.  I'm still deciding on my colors - I'm definitely doing blue.  I was thinking blue and brown with maybe a hint of coral.  What are your colors?

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b 

If you're able to find a way for them to allow some adjusting of the ceremony script, please let me know.  

For ceremony, we'll probably buy one judges table flower thing.  I'll likely be bringing my own organza sashes for chairs and using rose petals to line the aisle.  I don't think I will be doing much else as I'd like the beach to speak for itself. =)  If I do anymore, I MAY bring some shepherds hooks and hang pomanders, paper lanterns or birdcages from them.  No clue. 

To "quote" someone, look at the bottom right of their post and click "quote".

Attached Files

#1190 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                    • 2,136 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:36 AM

ndvidual

Just hit the "quote" button instead of reply. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users