Moon Palace 2012 Brides

I have read on this site that he isn't the best to put it mildly angel1.gif

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b View Post

Thanks for posting this.  I had asked for that clause to be removed but they said they wouldn't.  I've already signed the contract.  I'm flying in my photographers and will be listing them as guests (if they stay at Moon Palace).  If not, I will likely pay the guest day pass as well.  I don't plan on using any outside vendors (no flowers). 

May I ask why you did not want Father Benito? 

I asked Janina to send me the script for the civil ceremony and the default one was too religious.  I asked for a more "secular" script and she sent it to me...

Janina also told me were were not allowed to adjust the ceremony in anyway. =/  I'm not thrilled about the words being said in either script. Eh...

I've colored the parts I don't really like, but I guess that's just me being picky but I hate to have to "cringe" at it on my wedding day.

CIVIL MARRIAGE

IN THIS BEAUTIFUL PARADISE OF CANCUN, MUNICIPALITY OF BENITO JUAREZ, STATE OF QUINTANA ROO, MEXICO, WE ARE GATHERED HERE TO CELEBRATE THE CIVIL MARRIAGE OF (GROOM´S FULL NAME) AND (BRIDE´S FULL NAME) YOU ARE BOTH (NACIONALITIES) CITIZENS, YOUR WITNESSES (FULL NAME OF THE 4 WITNESSES).

IN THIS SPECIAL OCCASION YOU SHOULD RECALL THE MOMENTS WHEN YOU FIRST MET, AND ALL THE EVENTS THAT MAKE YOU COME TO THIS PLACE AT THIS TIME.

YOU ARE BOTH ENTERING INTO A UNION THAT IS THE MOST INTIMATE, IT IS THE MOST PRECIOUS RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE.

FROM TODAY ON, YOUR LIVES WILL BE GREATLY AFFECTED, YOUR TRUSTING ONE TO ANOTHER YOUR SUCCESS AND HAPPINESS OF YOUR FUTURE TOGETHER.

NOW IN ORDER TO LEGALIZE YOUR MARRIAGE, WE WILL SIGN THESE DOCUMENTS.

(SIGNING OF DOCUMENTS)

TO CONTINUE WITH THIS CEREMONY I WILL SAY SOME VOWS TAKEN FROM A LETTER WRITTEN BY A MEXICAN PHILOSOPHER IN THE LAST CENTURY, SR. MELCHOR OCAMPO.

HE WROTE THAT: “MARRIAGE IS THE ONLY LEGAL WAY TO FOUND THE FAMILY, TO PRESERVE MANKIND, AND AVOID THE IMPERFECTIONS OF HUMAN BEINGS, WHO ARE ABLE TO GET THE PERFECTIONS OF HUMAN RACE IN THE CONYUGAL DUALITY.

MARRIED PEOPLE SHOULD BE, AND WILL BE, SACRED ONE TO EACH OTHER, MORE THAN TO THEMSELVES.

MAN AND WOMAN HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS, BUT THEIR RESPECTIVE OBLIGATIONS.

EACH ONE SHOULD HAVE AND WILL HAVE: RESPECT, FIDELITY, TRUST, TENDERNESS, AND LOVE, LOTS OF LOVE.

DO NOT FIGHT ONE WITH ANOTHER, USE YOUR HEAD INSTEAD OF YOUR HANDS TO CORRECT SOMETHING WRONG.

BOTH OF YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE GREAT RESPONSABILITIES OF BEING PARENTS, BECAUSE YOU SHOULD PROVIDE YOUR CHILDREN WITH: ATTENTION, GOOD EXAMPLE, EDUCATION, RESPECT, FOOD AND LOVE. THEY SHOULD SEE IN YOU AS A WORTHY EXAMPLE TO FOLLOW DURING THE REST OF THEIR EXISTENCE.â€

(READING OF A POEM)

FOR ALL THESE REASONS AND IN THE PRESENCE OF YOUR WITNESSES I ASK YOU

(GROOM) DO YOU TAKE THIS WOMAN TO BE YOUR LAWFUL WEDED WIFE, TO LIVE TOGETHER, IN THE ORDINANCES AND THE STATE OF MATRIMONY, TO HONOR AND LOVE HER, THROUGH SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH, AND KEEP YOU ONLY INTO HER FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE?

(BRIDE) DO YOU TAKE THIS MAN TO BE YOUR LAWFUL WEDED HUSBAND, TO LIVE TOGETHER, IN THE ORDINANCES AND THE STATE OF MATRIMONY, TO HONOR AND LOVE HIM, TROUGH SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH, AND KEEP YOU ONLY INTO HIM FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE?

NOW IN THIS SIGNIFICANT MOMENT YOU WILL INTERCHANGE YOUR WEDDING RINGS.

(RINGS INTERCHANGE AND IF THEY WANT, VOWS OF THEIR OWN)

(GROOM AND BRIDE) IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU REMEMBER FROM THIS MARRIAGE CEREMONY IT IS THAT IT WAS LOVE THAT BROUGHT YOU HERE TODAY, IT IS LOVE WHICH CAN MAKE IT A GLORIOUS UNION, AND IT IS BY LOVE THAT YOUR MARRIAGE SHALL ENDURE.

SO ON BEHALF OF THE LAW AND THE SOCIETY, AND WITH THE AUTHORITY GRANTED ME BY THE MUNICIPALITY OF BENITO JUAREZ, IN THIS BEAUTIFUL PARADISE OF CANCUN, I PRONOUNCE YOU HUSBAND AND WIFE.

CONGRATULATIONS, AND YOU MAY KISS YOUR BRIDE

Yes, I requested to not have Father Benito because as Coconoir beautifully put it - I didn't read the best things about him on here. :) 

Mrs. Bruff, I think that for civil ceremonies they use a judge.  I'm changing ours to a symbolic ceremony, so my Miami Coordinator said that she'd have to cancel the judge she confirmed in order to now arrange for a minister for us.  Thank you so much for posting the script and bringing up this topic!  I'm going to make a point to ask to see the symbolic ceremony script.  I just don't want to believe that they can't adjust the script in any way.  What if we want to add other blessings, etc.?  Anyone else know about this?  Also, I'm curious about what you're going to use to decorate if you're not using flowers.  I'm trying to cut down on costs anyway I can but still make the experience a beautiful one.  Are you using any other decorations?

On a totally unrelated note - how do you gals include the post you're responding to in your post?  Like above, Coconoir, you had MrsBruff's comment in your post?  I've been trying to figure this out...

Goodnight, beautiful ladies!  So thankful we're able to connect on here.

If you're able to find a way for them to allow some adjusting of the ceremony script, please let me know.  

For ceremony, we'll probably buy one judges table flower thing.  I'll likely be bringing my own organza sashes for chairs and using rose petals to line the aisle.  I don't think I will be doing much else as I'd like the beach to speak for itself. =)  If I do anymore, I MAY bring some shepherds hooks and hang pomanders, paper lanterns or birdcages from them.  No clue. 

To "quote" someone, look at the bottom right of their post and click "quote".

Originally Posted by ndvidul View Post

Yes, I requested to not have Father Benito because as Coconoir beautifully put it - I didn't read the best things about him on here. :) 

Mrs. Bruff, I think that for civil ceremonies they use a judge.  I'm changing ours to a symbolic ceremony, so my Miami Coordinator said that she'd have to cancel the judge she confirmed in order to now arrange for a minister for us.  Thank you so much for posting the script and bringing up this topic!  I'm going to make a point to ask to see the symbolic ceremony script.  I just don't want to believe that they can't adjust the script in any way.  What if we want to add other blessings, etc.?  Anyone else know about this?  Also, I'm curious about what you're going to use to decorate if you're not using flowers.  I'm trying to cut down on costs anyway I can but still make the experience a beautiful one.  Are you using any other decorations?

On a totally unrelated note - how do you gals include the post you're responding to in your post?  Like above, Coconoir, you had MrsBruff's comment in your post?  I've been trying to figure this out...

I did it!  Haha, thanks for letting me know about the "quote."

Your ideas on decorating have got my wheels turning.  Are the rose petals going to be real?  If so, how are you going to get them through customs?  Also, may I ask, how many sashes are you bringing and what cost did you find them for? 

I love the idea of paper lanterns or pomanders.  I'm still deciding on my colors - I'm definitely doing blue.  I was thinking blue and brown with maybe a hint of coral.  What are your colors?

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b View Post

If you're able to find a way for them to allow some adjusting of the ceremony script, please let me know.  

For ceremony, we'll probably buy one judges table flower thing.  I'll likely be bringing my own organza sashes for chairs and using rose petals to line the aisle.  I don't think I will be doing much else as I'd like the beach to speak for itself. =)  If I do anymore, I MAY bring some shepherds hooks and hang pomanders, paper lanterns or birdcages from them.  No clue. 

To "quote" someone, look at the bottom right of their post and click "quote".

ndvidual

Just hit the "quote" button instead of reply. 

We brought freeze dried rose petals. I split them into two packages and I carried half and gave the other half to MIL. We didn't declare them and both of us got the green light so no customs search. We also brought 60 sashes in our colors. They used some at our ceremony and the others to decorate our cocktail and reception. Just as a note, they don't let you hang things ever since one of the WC had something drop on her head. If you want hanging items, you have to purchase through Deco Cancun.

I did it!  Haha, thanks for letting me know about the "quote."

Your ideas on decorating have got my wheels turning.  Are the rose petals going to be real?  If so, how are you going to get them through customs?  Also, may I ask, how many sashes are you bringing and what cost did you find them for? 

I love the idea of paper lanterns or pomanders.  I'm still deciding on my colors - I'm definitely doing blue.  I was thinking blue and brown with maybe a hint of coral.  What are your colors?