So, it looks like we will be switching to a symbolic ceremony at MP since it seems my Granny (a.k.a. my Matron of honor / the most important person in my life besides my fiance) won't be able to make it to Mexico now. The good news is that we will be able to fly down to AZ to become legally married and include her and then still have our wedding at MP. She is thrilled!
I just had some of my questions answered by my coordinator in Miami, and I thought I'd post them here in case you ladies find any of it helpful. I would strongly suggest that brides who are about to sign their contracts and book their date ask their wedding coordinator about eliminating the outside vendor part in the contract like I requested below. Even though she denied it (which I thought she would), now I have in writing that I only need to pay for a day pass for our photographer, saving us several hundred dollars in paying for a night for him!
My initial questions are in black. Her responses are in blue. Then, I responded to her again in red, and her next answers to those are in purple! (Some of the words combined for some reason when I pasted it in here - hope it's clear!) I hope this helps someone!
2) We would like the line in the contract that says "Outside vendorservices.... are not permitted on premises" to be changed or eliminated toallow outside vendors. Please be advised that this line cannot be eliminated from the contract, the only outsidevendor that the onsite wedding coordinator would allow will be thephotographer, everything else will be with our vendors. Okay. Doesthis mean our outside vendor photographer could be on premises for free orwould we need to purchase a day pass? Pleasebe advised that you will need to purchase a day pass of the photographer.
3) We do not have to put any money down in order to book a complimentary weddingpackage, correct? Now that we're doing a symbolic ceremony, does the $300still apply? Will our contract reflect this? Would we be able tobring our own officiant from home? Pleasebe advised that there is no deposit required if you change your wedding tosymbolic, due to it is a complementary wedding. Please be informed that you maybring your own minister, if so please let me know and we will not submit a requestfor ours. Please remember that if your minister does not make it the weddingwill not be performed as our minister has to be confirmed in advance. Is there a charge to use your minister uponthe day of the wedding? ($300?) What are the translation fees for documents? Please be advised that for a minister there is no fee asthere is no paper work. Please be informed that there is a fee if you requestfor a judge and do a civil ceremony, legally binding.
4) Are we able to reserve a beach wedding for our time slot already and get this in writing in the contract? Please be advised that the location of the ceremony is reserved with your onsite wedding coordinator. Please be informed that it cannot be added to the contract as we do not handle the wedding details and locations. Our contract is to confirm the date, time, property and wedding collection.
5) If we do a room block through my parents' membership, do we need to put any money down for this room block? If not, could we have this in writing in the contract? Please be advised that there is not deposit required for the room block. Once we have a signed contract, you will need to let me know about how many rooms you would like for me to hold, so I can request a reservation link form the technicians in Mexico so your guests can make their room reservations at their own time. This link will be available to you and your guests up to 2 months prior to arrival.This is not added to the contract as the contract does not relate to the rooms, just ceremony.
6) Are the Resort Credits (listed below) still available to us (bride and groom) and our guests if we book using our parents' membership? Could our contract reflect this please?
- $2000 for 9 or more nights
- $1500 Resort Credit per room for stay of 5 or more nights
- $750 Resort Credit per room for stays of 4 nights
- $500 Resort Credit for stays of 3 nights
Please be advised that in order for you and your guests to qualify for the resort credits all rooms need to be confirmed with full payment by December 15, 2011 to be able to qualify. Any rooms confirmed after this date will not qualify for the resort credit.This is not added to the contract as the contract does not relate to the rooms, just ceremony.
7) Could our contract please list in writing the Added Values program for weddings? When would we be refunded any money we've put down towards our room (bride and groom) if we qualify for complimentary nights? Could our contract have this in writing also, please?
-15 room nights:Complimentary cocktail (hour?) after ceremony
-30 room nights:Complimentary cocktail (hour?) after ceremony, 2 complimentary nights for bride & groom (+$20 per night)
-60 room nights:Complimentary cocktail (hour?) after ceremony OR complimentary upgrade to private function, 4
complimentary nights for bride & groom (+$20 per night)
-75 room nights: Unlimited private functions, 7 complimentary nights for bride & groom, complimentary room upgrade for bride
Please be advised that the refund for the comp nights is handled by the auditors at the property, as I have mentioned before the contract is only to confirm your ceremony. The refund should be received by you within 6 to 8 weeks of your ceremony.
8) As a request, we would like to not have Father Benito as our officiant/judge if we do use a Moon Palace judge. Is this possible? Please be advised that Father Benito is a priest and not a judge. Our judge cannot be substituted as the government assigns one to the region and is the one that needs to be present for legally binding.