Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#1161 Theresa421

Theresa421
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:33 AM

Thanks and congrats to you all!!! We are planning to use a photographer through MP. Seems we can't get the contact info until closer to the wedding. We're bringing a videographer from our home town to come stay for three nights so at least we do have that booked! Still trying to figure out what we're going to do for reception music(which is a huge priority for us).. We would love to get a good cover band or a DJ in the area and we've been waiting over a month now to hear back about a list that MP recommends or will allow on site. If anyone has helpful music contact info we would really appreciate it if you could share! Thanks so much and happy planning to all :) 

#1162 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
    • 2,136 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:08 AM

The "perks" hands down.  The distance from the airport (I have some elders traveling), the cost, the fact that you don't have to leave the resort if you don't want and that you get to travel to their sister hotels without paying more. 

Originally Posted by beachbride312 

Hey ladies,

Quick question. What made you all select Moon Palace resort over the other resorts?

#1163 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
      • 2,136 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:13 AM

Krsmith,

1st I wouldn't push for a MP coordinator as this is not the main issue (one will be assigned at 90 days), however; I would push Lizzie to block your locations.  Since MOST everything is done on-site having your preferred sites booked/confirmed is key.

As far as OOT bags I simply looked at my current people that reserved, those that I know and still have things left over (hence my sale post).  I have made 60 of everything with keeping extras to go up to 15.  The only thing I won't buy until Jan are our monogrammed towels as this is the most costly item that we are putting in the bag.  Any extras I will make bags once we return and give them to those that really wanted to come but due to serious financial strain can't. 

Originally Posted by krsmith 

Hey Ladies!

I feel like it has been forever! I have been so crazy busy at work and with travels back home to MT for weddings and HS reunions! I feel like I haven't done ANYTHING in the last few weeks!

So after quite a bit of badgering from my FI, Lizzie FINALLY emailed me back! Unfortunately it wasn't helpful AT ALL. She did not answer even ONE of my questions! This is what her response was to the full list of questions I emailed:

Thank your for your email.

Please find enclosed the planner  for the inmaculate ceremony, and the private events.

90 day before your wedding will assign one wedding planner, she will contact you in orden to block the areas and planning all the details, all the areas are subject to availability, however we can not blocked a specific area for your events, we need to wait that one wedding planner contact you 90 day before your wedding. 

Right....the "planner" wasn't anything but a description of the package and a few details about doing a Catholic ceremony that we already knew such as getting everything done here with our church before we go. SERIOUSLY?!? 90 days??? This must be a joke! It seems as though there are several brides out there who have gotten their coordinator assigned way before that. I just know that it will be the same as Beatyea is going through. We are down to 172 days at this point, and things are just going to get more hectic from this point with the holidays coming up! 

We are now going to send another more pushy email and see what happens. I'm crossing my fingers and just PRAYING that they will give in and assign us our coordinator!

COCO- LOVE the OOT bags! I need to start mine so bad! UGHHHHH that is the one thing stressing me out...I just don't know if I should start buying things and hope I have enough! 

#1164 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
        • Site Supporter
        • 261 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:42 PM

I finally posted my Moon Palace review! If you haven't seen it yet, check it out! :)

Where can we find it?? Link??

#1165 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
          • 2,136 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:58 PM

Raining Hard in Philly!  So with church service canceled in the morning, I am up cutting some DIY projects & formatting others on the computer.  Hope my fellow brides on the east coast is staying dry!   

#1166 LurkerDan

LurkerDan
            • 61 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:03 AM

Where can we find it?? Link??

here is her review: http://www.bestdesti...ve/reviews/4988

#1167 beatyea

beatyea
              • 288 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:49 PM

Well I found out you can have the Capilla Gazebo without doing the Catholic package.  So we put that on hold and will check back every so often to see if the Tucan Gazebo opens up because who knows if it really is unavailable, but at least we have something to get married in! lol

#1168 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                • 2,136 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:48 PM

Yay!!! 

Originally Posted by beatyea 

Well I found out you can have the Capilla Gazebo without doing the Catholic package.  So we put that on hold and will check back every so often to see if the Tucan Gazebo opens up because who knows if it really is unavailable, but at least we have something to get married in! lol

#1169 beachbride312

beachbride312
                  • 95 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

Thank you so much. I had my heart set on Hard Rock but I just found out you cant use membership I have

#1170 beachbride312

beachbride312
                    • 95 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

HARD not heart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users