I Catholic ceremony is performed in the Chapel Gazebo by a Catholic priest and includes mass. It usually lasts about an hour. I symbolic ceremony is done wherever you want it by a non-denominational minister. It usually lasts about 30 mins. I was really surprised by how much extra the Catholic ceremony costs...but it does include things like a harpist and chapel decor.
I didn't think you do a blood test for the Catholic ceremony because it isn't viewed as legal in Mexico. We are lucky that we have all our classes done! We were actually supposed to get married at my childhood parish last Aug, but the guest list was getting so out of control I was getting to be a mess and decided we needed to postpone. So I'm hoping we have a lot of that work already done, however it seems like the paper work to do an out of country wedding will be a pain in the a$$! Not to mention pricey!
I guess my next task is to compile costs and figure out how to present it in a POSITIVE light on our website. Of course airfare is not out yet for Feb 2012, so I guess I will have to just put hotel costs. I was going to go through Vacations For Less Inc TA, but the rates she gave me doesn't seem that discounted. Has anyone been given rates yet? This is what she sent me:
Rates below apply to Moon Palace quoted "per person per night" and include all taxes/fees, valid for stays January 4 - April 14, 2012:
Deluxe Resort View: $214.00 per person based on double / $392.00 per night single / $206.00 per person triple / $197.00 per person quad
Superior Deluxe Garden View*: $238.00 per person based on double / $440.00 per night single / $229.00 per night triple / $218.00 per person quad
Superior Deluxe Ocean View: $250.00 per person based on double / $464.00 per night single / $242.00 per night triple / $230.00 per person quad
Superior Deluxe Ocean Front: $256.00 per person based on double / $476.00 per night single (maximum occupancy 2 Adults)
Concierge Level: $272.00 per person based on double / $506.00 per night single (maximum occupancy 2 Adults)
Children 4-17 years pay $52.00 per night. Child rate applies only when child shares room with 2 or more adults
You may already be familiar with the "Added Values" Palace Resorts offers when booking a wedding at their resorts. We can of course confirm the same group benefits:
· Hotel will provide one complimentary Cocktail after ceremony with 5 to 9 rooms paid nightly for 3 nights or total of 15 room nights. (Function areas are assigned upon availability with the onsite wedding planner and confirmed upon arrival). Should you require additional functions there will be a surcharge based on the number of guests and type of event.
· Hotel will provide one complimentary Cocktail after ceremony and 2 complimentary nights (based on lowest room category rate) for bride and groom with 10 to 19 rooms paid nightly for 3 nights or total of 30 room nights. Complimentary nights have a $10.00 per person, per night, nonrefundable charge for tips and gratuities applied.
· Hotel agrees to provide one upgrade to a complimentary private function instead of a cocktail party plus 4 complimentary nights for the bride and groom with 20 to 24 rooms paid nightly for 3 nights or total of 60 room nights. Complimentary nights have a $10.00 per person, per night, nonrefundable charge for tips and gratuities applied.
· Hotel agrees to provide unlimited private functions plus 7 complimentary nights with 25 rooms or more paid nightly for 3 nights or total of 75 room nights. Complimentary nights have a $10.00 per person, per night, nonrefundable charge for tips and gratuities applied.
· Hotel agrees to provide the bride and groom with a room upgrade for a minimum of 25 rooms paid nightly for 3 nights or 75 room nights, based on availability.
· Private Group functions are available without surcharge in meeting rooms and outdoor venues, except for beach and rooftop terraces with no elevator access, when using inclusive Hotel menus. The private functions provided by the resort will solemnly depend on the number of rooms booked through the group contract with Vacations For Less, Inc. Reservations booked through other sources will not be counted towards the group room block. Private areas are assigned based on availability.
The above group benefits apply only when securing a Group Block Agreement which would lock in the rates for your guests and guarantee the availability of rooms. All rooms would have to be reserved through the group block which would mean that all your guests would have to book through our office. Reservations booked through other sources would not count towards your group block room night production.
Palace Resorts is also offering a Resort Credit for all guests staying at their hotels: $1500 Resort Credit per room for stay of 5 or more nights, $750 Resort Credit per room for stays 4 nights, $500 Resort Credit for stays of 3 nights. The Resort Credits can be applied towards Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon, Upgraded Wine Selection, Romantic Dinner, Room Upgrades and Palace Wedding Collections.
Depending on number of rooms required, when securing a room block at any hotel there is a good faith group deposit required by the hotel. The deposit amount for Palace Resorts is about 6% of the total estimated room revenue and I can let you know the amount based on number of rooms and nights you would consider blocking. The first group deposit would be applied to the cost of your room and/or any other rooms you may be paying for and any overpayment is refunded back to you upon finalizing the group which is usually about 30 days prior to arrival.
Your guests would be required to guarantee their room reservations with a one night deposit at time of booking, there would be a second deposit due date set by the hotel to complete 50% of total room charges and final payment would be due 45 days prior to arrival date. Each guest would receive a confirmation invoice from us upon booking detailing the deposit/payment deadlines. Guests usually welcome the payment plan rather than having to pay in full if booking online and they can also make installment payments in between as long as each deposit is completed on
the due dates.
Anyone get anything different/better? If people go through something like Priceline can they still count towards our group so we can get the "added values"?