Why thank you!
In regards to a TA, the reason I got one was so I could direct everyone to her instead of having to answer a million questions from all my guests. Also she will be able to get me a list of when and how long people will be staying. And of course she is able to give you a slightly discounted rate for the rooms. I found ours on this website. Her name is Teresa from Vacations for Less Inc. She is free from what I understand! And the best part is we get the booking perks through her as well!!!!! BUT if you are going to use your Mom's membership, I don't think you would even be able to use a TA anyways. Not positive about that one though!
It sounds like you have a lot checked off your list already! Woo Hoo! It feels so good every time you get to cross one off right?!?
Well if you are at MP early enough, maybe all us "wedding sisters" can get together for some late night drinks!
Originally Posted by ndvidul
Well, ladies - I've finally finished catching up and reading all of the posts on here! I have to give a huge THANK YOU to all of you. Before I came to this site, I felt so dejected and hopeless about how the Wedding Planning was going. I just moved to Missouri 6 weeks ago with my FI, and all of my Bridesmaids and family are back in Arizona, so I've felt pretty alone with all of this. I now have renewed hope and lots of enthusiasm thanks to your encouraging and helpful posts! And I feel like I'm not alone in this anymore! You have answered my prayers.
Even though you all have answered so many of my questions already, I still feel like I have a lot! I will try to spread them out one at a time so it's not overwhelming, haha.
So far, this is what I've been able to check off:
- Making my own customized checklist
- Breaking down our budget
- Wedding Dress - bought and paid for! (My beloved Granny treated me to this)!
- My shoes & Bridesmaid's shoes (Silver Coach flip flops - mine are bright silver, and theirs are gunmetal. Bought BM's these as gifts)
- Reserved date with MP. (Now waiting for them to get my judge and send contract... it's been a week... I think I'll call them tomorrow!)
- Started ordering supplies for MIB invitations.
- Started making website with all details so guests can check it out when they recieve invites.
- Registered at Bed, Bath, & Beyond (want to also do Target and possibly Pottery Barn)
- Booking photographer Octavio Montes for 3 hours on Wedding Day + TTD on Beach and Cenote
- Compiling a list of questions for Miami and/or WC
My next priority (besides sending out invitations ASAP - we didn't do any Save the Dates) is to inquire about blocking out rooms. I saw a bunch of posts about this on here, and I'm wondering about using a TA. I can't decide between just having my guests book directly through MP through a link or getting a TA. What makes you ladies go with a TA? I've never used a TA in my life when I travel, so I feel in the dark. We are inviting 80 households (about 160 people), so I want to make booking as easy as possible. We are on a very tight budget too, so I'm wanting to qualify for as many freebies as possible - shooting for the 75 bookings! What TA's specifically are you ladies using? And, may I ask, what do you generally pay for a TA? My Mom is a Palace Premier Member, so we are going to try to get all rooms through her membership with reduced room rates. I'm aware that our wedding will be in Peak Season!
Thanks again ladies - for everything. You are my s! (First emoticon I've ever used... haha - such a newbie at this!)
P.S. Coconoir & KRSmith - Love your wedding dresses! Gorgeous!! KRsmith - you look stunning in your engagement pics. We're also "Wedding Sisters," as my wedding is only 4 days after yours!