Here's my comments to your additional questions.
Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b
I asked Janina these questions and she has responded. Several still do not have concrete answers so I will be redirecting them to the "pre wedding arrangement department" as well. Hope it helps!! Her answers are blue, my comments are red.
1) Do all packages (including complimentary) include the arbour for a beach ceremony? (Yes the complementary includes a white arbour) attach is the picture of the complementary and Ruby.
Is there a choice of what color? They included two options in the PDF files, both have ribbons and flowers on the arbour and some more decor for the beach. One for $290USD and the other was $770USD. I'll be sticking to the complimentary white arbour.
2) We were interested in POSSIBLY doing the Ruby Package but were wondering how much would it cost to reflect the wedding in the photos on the website? The one in the website is an upgrade package, attach is the info. To make it look like the photos, it's $1767USD on top of the collection cost. This includes Huppah, 10 Tiffany/Chivari chairs, 10 red chair sashes, 2 judge's table flower arrangements, 1 small box flower arrangement, petals for the aisle, bridal bouquet and groom's boutonniere.
Can we substitute, say photography package A for a musician instead? (SorryL unfortunately we do not substitute items)
Are there better photos of the Ruby Package? For photos please contact our photo agent, her name is Katya she will be more than gladly assisting you with your request; her email is email@example.com.
Also visit our photo website www.palaceresortsweddingphotos.com
3) We want a beach ceremony, do you provide an aisle runner (if I plan on wearing heels/wedges for the day)? Yes we provide the runner, attach is the pic.
4) For a symbolic ceremony, can we see the vows and review the words or make small changes? Attach is a sample, yes you can make small changes but you have to notify your onsite wedding planner. The words are religious, I am still inquiring about a more "secular" option as we have guests with many varying beliefs.
5) What music will the musician(s) play? Can we specify? Yes you can request your special songs. J
6) We are having two friends take our photos; they will also be guests at the resort, is this okay? As long they stay at the resort as guests yes, please notify this to your onsite wedding planner.
7) I don't want wrist bands to be in our pictures, can we take off our wrist bands on the day of the wedding without being charged a fee for us and our guests? Yes the onsite wedding planner will take care of this J she will remove the bands for the pictures, no fee as long the wedding planner is the one who remove the bands. We were only allowed to remove the bands for the bride and groom. The next day we had to go to front desk to have them replaced, and you have to bring the old one or they will charge you.
8) Are the mosquitoes bad in June? (J Hard to predict, I was there last month and I did not have a problemJ)
9) Does "ceremony" include cocktail hour? (No, attach are the prices for the events and prices)
Or is this complimentary with the 3 night booking? All weddings are required 3 business days prior, including complementary wedding package. They didn't really answer my questions here. You receive a complimentary cocktail hour with 15 nights booked through your group contract.
And can the musician(s) stay for cocktail hour? (Yes but is additional)
Are there different rates? Depends of the type of musician, this has to be request with the wedding planner so she can request a quote from the musicians I will forward this question to the coordintator.
10) How much for a private reception? (Attach is the info) $400 per table of 10.
11) If we use the dinner reservations for a reception, where will it be held? Is a dinner reservation at one the restaurant not a private function. They will arrange tables and chairs to be together in one area so everybody can seat together, however the restaurant will be open to other guests. Max 35 guests for a dinner reservation, if you have more you have to purchase a private event. Choose your restaurant in advance. There is a list of restaurants that only allow reservations for 10 people or less. We chose Barracuda for our group of 30 people and were basically the only ones there. The food was really good and the staff gave us a special welcome when we arrived.
Do we choose the restaurant? The planner will give you options for you to select.
12) Can we use outside vendors? (I am not sure about the wish laterns, this will be with the planner) sorry we do not allow outside vendors. We have our own vendorsJ.
13) Is there a separate room the groom can stay in the night before the wedding? You can purchase an additional room for that night. Make sure you ask your WC for a comp room close to your reception area for your guests to use a washroom on the wedding day.