Moon Palace 2012 Brides

Oh Jamie I'm so sorry to hear this!! My sister who agreed to be in the wedding pulled this crap on me too. A text saying they weren't going to be able to afford it after she committed to be a bridesmaid. Pissed me off!! Especially knowing how she and her husband spend money on drinking, season football tickets and shopping. Really you couldn't plan a year in advance. But they ended up working it out and will be in attendance. So hopefully your brothers can put aside their differences and be there for YOU their SISTER!! Silly siblings.......the can all be asses sometimes!!

I'm sorry to hear about your friends too. One thing you can count on is the people that do come to your wedding are there simply because they want to be there for you and your FI big day those people are your true friends. Don't feel foolish for that "friend" not being honest with you. It's her loss not yours!

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

Hi guys!  Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Mine was oh so not that great!  UUGGHHH!!!  Too much never ending drama!  Found out that one friend (who I thought was a good friend) that was invited to my wedding, said she couldn't afford to come to it, was in Costa Rica the past week.  I found out at a baby shower on Saturday and I felt a total fool that everyone knew but me!  Then that very friend e-mailed me today to end our friendship.  Another friend e-mailed me and said she didn't like me putting her in the middle of that Costa Rica situation.  She brought it up on Saturday and said she didn't know about it and I said it's ok if she did and that it has nothing to do with her and she insisted she didn't know and it was dropped.   But again, today I got that e-mail from her asking me not to put her in the middle anymore.  wtf.gif.  I don't talk about these girls to one another, ever!!!  But this means they talk at length about me together, but I have no one to talk to about the betrayal I feel.  Then yesterday my older brother sent me a TEXT saying he wasn't sure he was coming to our wedding anymore.  I asked him why and he told me to ask my (younger) brother!  So talk about selfish.  My brother isn't going because he has some problem with the other brother!?  Never mind the fact the wedding has NOTHING to do with him.  The older brother pulls this crap all the time too!  I tried calling him, since he didn't have the decency to call me and he didn't answer.  I am so frustrated and upset!!!!!!  msncry.gif  My best friend is my older sister and she won't even call me back as she is so tired of hearing about the friend drama and really hates hearing about sibling drama.  So, she is annoyed with me and that is why I am here venting/crying to you guys!  HA!!!  I do apologize, but I am the type that has to talk it out, or it will drive me batty!!!

(((HUGS)))

Maybe you can have a welcome dinner or a departing breakfast. You could also take the opportunity to have a cocktail hour in between the time your "reception" starts and the wedding. It will give your guests something to do while you and your hubby take pictures afterwards.

Originally Posted by Smoylan View Post

I am having a hard time deciding on post-ceremony activities. As of now we have 26 people (including us) staying for 73 nights. I am thinking this will be it. Although, we are still waiting on another couple, who is waiting for a hefty tax refund? We are two nights away from unlimited functions and 7 free nights! But the 2 nights is killing us!! I mean if we stay 2 extra nights, we would get 3 more free and unlimited events???? It is crossing my FI's mind everyday. But I'm not even sure what we would do for the "events"?

So we have qualified for a free function and I'm still not sure what I want to do post our 6pm ceremony? Dinner Reservation and a 2 hour private after party?? Or have a 3 hour function with dinner Maybe throw the bartender some cash to stay and save the reservation for another night? We only have a MOH and BM so we wont have a rehearsal or anything? I also want our guests who are mostly staying 4 nights to have their own time...

What are the big $$ items for a function? And what other "events" to you have?

I don't know why this is giving me such grief???

I'm soo sorry to hear all of that, Jamie!! That is so frustrating, and disappointing to say the least! I have my fair share of comments about all of this, but we'll discuss it when we get together this week. You're MORE THAN WELCOME to vent to me! I feel for ya sister! Sounds like we'll be having a good amount of wine this time around *big hugs* See you soon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

Hi guys!  Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Mine was oh so not that great!  UUGGHHH!!!  Too much never ending drama!  Found out that one friend (who I thought was a good friend) that was invited to my wedding, said she couldn't afford to come to it, was in Costa Rica the past week.  I found out at a baby shower on Saturday and I felt a total fool that everyone knew but me!  Then that very friend e-mailed me today to end our friendship.  Another friend e-mailed me and said she didn't like me putting her in the middle of that Costa Rica situation.  She brought it up on Saturday and said she didn't know about it and I said it's ok if she did and that it has nothing to do with her and she insisted she didn't know and it was dropped.   But again, today I got that e-mail from her asking me not to put her in the middle anymore.  wtf.gif.  I don't talk about these girls to one another, ever!!!  But this means they talk at length about me together, but I have no one to talk to about the betrayal I feel.  Then yesterday my older brother sent me a TEXT saying he wasn't sure he was coming to our wedding anymore.  I asked him why and he told me to ask my (younger) brother!  So talk about selfish.  My brother isn't going because he has some problem with the other brother!?  Never mind the fact the wedding has NOTHING to do with him.  The older brother pulls this crap all the time too!  I tried calling him, since he didn't have the decency to call me and he didn't answer.  I am so frustrated and upset!!!!!!  msncry.gif  My best friend is my older sister and she won't even call me back as she is so tired of hearing about the friend drama and really hates hearing about sibling drama.  So, she is annoyed with me and that is why I am here venting/crying to you guys!  HA!!!  I do apologize, but I am the type that has to talk it out, or it will drive me batty!!!

(((HUGS)))

We'll be using events (assuming we make it to 75 nights) for a welcome dinner and possibly a rehearsal lunch or dinner. I really wanted to do a farewell brunch as well the day after the wedding, but we also want to get a Xel-Ha trip planned for that day, which means we probably won't have the time for the brunch. If you're worried about your guests wanting their own time, you can make it optional. Or I would say just having a welcome dinner. I think that would be the most important.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoylan View Post

I am having a hard time deciding on post-ceremony activities. As of now we have 26 people (including us) staying for 73 nights. I am thinking this will be it. Although, we are still waiting on another couple, who is waiting for a hefty tax refund? We are two nights away from unlimited functions and 7 free nights! But the 2 nights is killing us!! I mean if we stay 2 extra nights, we would get 3 more free and unlimited events???? It is crossing my FI's mind everyday. But I'm not even sure what we would do for the "events"?

So we have qualified for a free function and I'm still not sure what I want to do post our 6pm ceremony? Dinner Reservation and a 2 hour private after party?? Or have a 3 hour function with dinner Maybe throw the bartender some cash to stay and save the reservation for another night? We only have a MOH and BM so we wont have a rehearsal or anything? I also want our guests who are mostly staying 4 nights to have their own time...

What are the big $$ items for a function? And what other "events" to you have?

I don't know why this is giving me such grief???

Have fun at your AHR! Can't wait to see pics!

Originally Posted by kris10kay View Post

Hello everyone!! I have been MIA since we got married in January. Hope planning is going well for all! We have our AHR this coming Friday!! woo hoo! :) and We got back ALL of our pictures two weeks ago, Ismael did a wonderful job and was very reasonably priced :)cheer2.gif

Thanks Ladies! :)

Lee-I'll see ya tomorrow and we shall discuss more (if I have it in me!)  :)

On a much happier note, we received our plastic stein mugs for our OOT bags yesterday.  They turned out sooooo GREAT and I am so excited about them.  I swear I will post pix as soon as I have some time to put thing together!  :)  They are 32 oz, so they are huge, FI actually made a comment about the size, but the more drink the better I say!  :) 

Now I just need to receive the t-shirts and brochures that I ordered from Vista and our we will have all of our OOT bag contents!

Hey ladies,

Just thought I would pass on some helpful information I received.  I just got an email from Joannis (Ivis's replacement) and the new collections (Colin Cowie ones) are not in affect until May 1st so the old 2011 complimentary package is still what is being used now.

Happy planning!

OK so I finally tracked down someone in the wedding department. I guess Joannis is now my wedding coordinator and she knew nothing of my wedding. How in the world does Palace not have any ideas as to what the hell they are doing!! I'm 18 days out and no one wonders with Ivis just walking out maybe they should look through the upcoming wedding and make sure things are set!!

Joannis is very nice and said she would call in all my requests since I'm so close to my wedding date but Ivis had nothing set! My flower order wasn't put in, my dinner reservation was on the wrong day, my sites are still not confirmed. I swear to goodness, if I could I would go with another resort. I am so unhappy and I plan to let Palace know.

I'm not happy Joannis said well with it being so late in the process she hopes my locations can be approved. Let me tell if they can't I'm going to raise holy hell!! Its not my fault they have incompetent workers.

Then I ask about my on-site coordinator and why she hasn't contacted me?!! Joannis said she would call her as well to get her in touch with me but really she should know I'm having my wedding in 18 days and she needs to at least email me to let me know who she is!

I don't know why I thought a DW would be less trouble, so far its a friggin nightmare!

Oh no!! That is soo horrible, especially since your wedding is in 18 days! angry.gif I don't know how any of us could stay calm in this situation. I'm sending good vibes your way and hoping everything works out.

Originally Posted by ChipmunkRN View Post

OK so I finally tracked down someone in the wedding department. I guess Joannis is now my wedding coordinator and she knew nothing of my wedding. How in the world does Palace not have any ideas as to what the hell they are doing!! I'm 18 days out and no one wonders with Ivis just walking out maybe they should look through the upcoming wedding and make sure things are set!!

Joannis is very nice and said she would call in all my requests since I'm so close to my wedding date but Ivis had nothing set! My flower order wasn't put in, my dinner reservation was on the wrong day, my sites are still not confirmed. I swear to goodness, if I could I would go with another resort. I am so unhappy and I plan to let Palace know.

I'm not happy Joannis said well with it being so late in the process she hopes my locations can be approved. Let me tell if they can't I'm going to raise holy hell!! Its not my fault they have incompetent workers.

Then I ask about my on-site coordinator and why she hasn't contacted me?!! Joannis said she would call her as well to get her in touch with me but really she should know I'm having my wedding in 18 days and she needs to at least email me to let me know who she is!

I don't know why I thought a DW would be less trouble, so far its a friggin nightmare!

Oh girl!!!  I am soooo soooo soooo sorry!  I would be livid and on the verge of a nervous break down!!!  I hope they can pull everything together for you!  They better!  Sending positive thoughts your way!!!!

Originally Posted by ChipmunkRN View Post