Jump to content

Recommended Posts


 love love that idea of getting married at the tree. so sentimental! But girl you gotta be a little stoked about the parties lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjdh2b View Post

Yes it might not hurt for you to see if you can speak with Beatriz. She's really been great!! I have been very fortunate to have Janina, Lily and Beatriz. I was a little worried when Lily left without a single word but Janina assigned Beatriz and she usually responds in less than 24 hours. But I'm not the type of person to email or call constantly either. I usually email her about once a month (if that) with a list of questions. I have the wedding location but that's it we will discuss cocktail hour on Friday. Not sure about reception just yet if we don't get the unlimited events then we will just have the dinner and go to the bar afterwards. My future MIL is planning a huge AHR a few weeks after we get back so we can have the "reception" part then. It's really not a big deal to me.

 

For me the big deal is the exchange of the vows in Texas before we leave. My FI and I are going to get married here the weekend before we leave. It's going to just be the 2 of us, our kids and a family friend who will actually marry us. Not sure if any of you are familiar with Texas A&M University but they have a huge live oak tree on campus they call the "Century Tree". According to an old Aggie legend, if two lovers pass beneath the tree's large, vine-like branches, they are destined to be wed. Similarly, if a couple becomes engaged under the Century's picturesque leaves, the marriage will last forever. My FI is an Aggie so when I proposed this option versus a church he was stoked! I didn't want a huge wedding with a ton of people hence the reason we are planning Mexico, I would have been happy going to the JP but he's somewhat of a romantic and wanted some kind of a ceremony to appease his parents. So the intimate ceremony here is for me and the Mexico wedding is for him.

 

Here's a picture of the tree itself. I think it will be perfect for when we say "I do".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


  Yes the stamps were actually in the dollar bin and that is why I picked them up and than didn't know what to stamp lol. But they also have them in the aisle with all the stamps and ink pads. I wish I had other things to stamp ;) because it looks so cute. I used different shaped tags for different things. i did the bubbles with them and the pashmina tags also. The tags are awesome for almost anything you want to do but sometimes the perforation is a little hard to tear perfectly but it beats spending tons of money on tags that people are not even going to care about lol.

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post


Thank you for the deets of where you got the tags!  I was soooo wondering how I was going to do this, I was just going to print the saying out on paper and cut them, but this is way better!  Did you get the stamps at Michaels too?



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


  Yes the stamps were actually in the dollar bin and that is why I picked them up and than didn't know what to stamp lol. But they also have them in the aisle with all the stamps and ink pads. I wish I had other things to stamp ;) because it looks so cute. I used different shaped tags for different things. i did the bubbles with them and the pashmina tags also. The tags are awesome for almost anything you want to do but sometimes the perforation is a little hard to tear perfectly but it beats spending tons of money on tags that people are not even going to care about lol.

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post


Thank you for the deets of where you got the tags!  I was soooo wondering how I was going to do this, I was just going to print the saying out on paper and cut them, but this is way better!  Did you get the stamps at Michaels too?



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told by my sales rep, Michelle Farinas,  that Ivis Hitchcock is my wedding planner.  Michelle mentioned that she was out sick and would be contacting me upon her return..That was Monday.  Now it Thursday.  Since I need to be about a million steps ahead of the game, I would like to email Ivis.  Granted, she may still be out sick, but I still want to try and reach her.  I know some of you ladies have been working with her (and also mentioning her lack of timely responses).  If someone could provide me with her email address, I would greatly appreciate it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay ladies sorry to bring up the set-up costs again but Beatriz just sent me an email telling me that it will cost $100/table of set up fees AND $50 PER PERSON for dinner for a private function if we do not qualify for a free private function.  She even sent me a spread sheet with these numbers written on them.  Here is a link to the spread sheet. (hope it works!)

 

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=gmail&attid=0.1&thid=135abd7751b6c308&mt=application/vnd.ms-excel&url=https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui%3D2%26ik%3Dfd3074325b%26view%3Datt%26th%3D135abd7751b6c308%26attid%3D0.1%26disp%3Dsafe%26zw&sig=AHIEtbQgvTkN35_FyDFpiyFpEeimBCBsrg

 

If this is true I will be very unhappy as I was under the understanding that it would in no way be that expensive! Goodness!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



IHITCHOCK@PALACERESORTS.COM..i havent heard from her since the beginning of last week so who knows!

Originally Posted by Laura1220 View Post

I was told by my sales rep, Michelle Farinas,  that Ivis Hitchcock is my wedding planner.  Michelle mentioned that she was out sick and would be contacting me upon her return..That was Monday.  Now it Thursday.  Since I need to be about a million steps ahead of the game, I would like to email Ivis.  Granted, she may still be out sick, but I still want to try and reach her.  I know some of you ladies have been working with her (and also mentioning her lack of timely responses).  If someone could provide me with her email address, I would greatly appreciate it!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


didnt pop up..do you mind copying and pasting?? id love to read these esp bc i keep getting the run around from Ivis.
 

Originally Posted by summer12 View Post

Okay ladies sorry to bring up the set-up costs again but Beatriz just sent me an email telling me that it will cost $100/table of set up fees AND $50 PER PERSON for dinner for a private function if we do not qualify for a free private function.  She even sent me a spread sheet with these numbers written on them.  Here is a link to the spread sheet. (hope it works!)

 

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=gmail&attid=0.1&thid=135abd7751b6c308&mt=application/vnd.ms-excel&url=https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui%3D2%26ik%3Dfd3074325b%26view%3Datt%26th%3D135abd7751b6c308%26attid%3D0.1%26disp%3Dsafe%26zw&sig=AHIEtbQgvTkN35_FyDFpiyFpEeimBCBsrg

 

If this is true I will be very unhappy as I was under the understanding that it would in no way be that expensive! Goodness!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi all! I know this is an old thread... but just in case there are other destination wedding brides out there with the same question, I thought I would answer! My guy and I live in Texas and just got our marriage license (yay!). We are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The Dallas County clerk informed us that we can get our marriage license in Texas, bring it and a Texas-registered officiant to Mexico, have the ceremony in Mexico, then bring the marriage license back to Texas to file and it will be LEGAL in the US.  In  other words, we can legally get married in Mexico using our Texas marriage license and officiant (who is a family friend), then file the paperwork when we get home. Where it says 'county in which ceremony was performed' on the license, we just put in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and bam! Married :) I do not know if this is true for other states, but it is CONFIRMED for Texas! I suggest asking the clerk when you register for your marriage license. I am overjoyed that we can have a US-legal marriage in Mexico so our wedding date on our license will be the actual day! NO blood tests, or getting married before or after the trip required!  
    • Every Bride spends a lot of time researching and worrying about her perfect wedding dress. While many Indian brides choose the traditional red colour for their bridal gown, a few of them find some different colours to wear on their special day. Here is a description of how to choose an Indian wedding dress that suits your skin tone. 1) Fair complexion: You can choose any shade of blue or bright shades of pink and red. In the shades of blue- select scuba blue or royal blue. Among other colours this season, you can pick up your dress in tangerine.   2) Wheatish complexion Just select those colours which bring out the warmth in your complexion. Some of the best options for you are tangy orange, saffron yellow, vibrant shades of red, mint green and hot pink.   3) Dusky complexion: If you have an olive skin tone, then you can pull off any rich and dark colour quite well. So, the colours like classic blue, marsala, burnt orange and brick red are just perfect for you. Also the metallic silver, gold and bronze will even flatter your face pretty well
    • I will be using the hPage Website Builder to create a free website for our wedding. I am planning to post wedding updates, wedding photos, wedding reminders, and wedding articles regarding our upcoming marriage there. For RSVP, I am using Facebook events since almost all we invited have facebook and it would be easier to get their "yes" or "no" confirmation there. In case anyone is interested as well here's their site: hPage Website Builder - https://www.hpage.com
    • Minimalist wedding bands look so classy and timeless regardless of the venue.
    • It's hard to estimate. Some receptions don't need much decorating because it's already beautiful. Some receptions need lots of decorating. Some receptions also come with extra decorating equipment already.
  • Topics

×