Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Awwwww.. I'm glad that she is feeling better. 

 

Originally Posted by YWS2012 View Post

Good Morning Ladies,

 

I have been MIA for a few days, My little girl has not been feeling well, with all the changes in the weather it caused her allergies to go into overdrive which sent her into flare with her asthma which cause us to be in the ER in Monday evening with a full blown asthma attack.

So after being home for 3 days today is our first day back to work & school, we got the official OK from her doctor yesterday to resume normal activity.

 

So I will be back to DIYing to night I have to play catch up...



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL I know that's right.. I'll tell you any updates of course well after your wedded Bliss.....

 

Originally Posted by anudrm View Post

So sounds like a message I would have sent....I would go into more details about your post but I will leave that to our email chats!!!  Have a wonderful day!
 



 


Exactly,

 

Funny thing is, I am disappointed in my cousin (HIGHLY)....however; as far as his daughter, Derick is (GREATLY) disappointed.  However; as mentioned they had more than enough time to get thinigs together.  The down side is, I already purchased all BM dresses & broaches well over 2 months ago...each dress being $268.  So for his daughter's I would keep, my cousin as I told her will defintely have to pay for hers.  I'm not lossing $500+ dollars behind no body. 
 

 



Originally Posted by YWS2012 View Post

Coco,

 

YAY !!!!! for  82 rooms nights that's GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

as far as the other issues, sometime you just have to say "OH WELL"..they are adult and well aware of everything that needs to be done by them for YOUR WEDDING !!!! YOU & D are the STARS of this show and they are your support cast members and should feel HONORED that they have been included in this special day, Your right people always forget how you jump through hoops for them with no question asked.. I hope it all works out that the Daugther & Cousin are both able to attend,,but if not the SHOW will still go on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

Quote:



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks Ladies
 

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Awwwww.. I'm glad that she is feeling better. 

 



 



 



Originally Posted by anudrm View Post


Well that truly sucks.  An allergy caused this cold that I am dealing with.  Glad to hear everything turned out for the positive!



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!!!  So I received my paper yesterday!  It's going to be a fun weekend of putting together invites!  WOOT WOOT!  I wish I could have started yesterday as I took the day off, but we don't have color in our printer, so I need work printers!  HA!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YAY!!  Go Jamie, Go Jamie go cheer2.gif
 

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

Hello!!!  So I received my paper yesterday!  It's going to be a fun weekend of putting together invites!  WOOT WOOT!  I wish I could have started yesterday as I took the day off, but we don't have color in our printer, so I need work printers!  HA!!!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aww sorry to hear that girl!!  That jewelry was priceless to you... I hope you have other things to remember your mom and grandma by.  Love from Texas
 

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

Hey Girls!

 

I am sooo sad!  Our house was broken into yesterday while we were at work!  :(  They took ALL of my jewelry and that includes ALL the jewelry I inherited from my mom when she died. crybaby2.gifLet's just say, it was worth a lot money wise and sentimentally!!!!  I was going to put it all in a safety deposit box shortly too!  I am soooo very sad!  They have everything, everything that I have gotten over the years from grandparents, etc....I thankfully have my the jewelry I was wearing (engagement ring, bulova watch and tiffany necklace)  But that's it for all my nice jewelry.  They also took our crappy laptop and all of our change.  They didn't take coach purses or gucci purse but all the change out of those purses?    Not sure how they found all my jewelry, but they did!   Lesson learned.  Anything worth that much, put in a safe or safety deposit box.  The kicker is....our homeowner insurance probably won't cover it either!!!!  I want to beat the MOFOs up that did this!!!!voodoo.gif  rant.gif



 

Welcome!! You will find this website (esp this tread) very helpful I'm sure.  Plus since your wedding is later then most of us on here you can learn from our advice AND mistakes :) 
 

Originally Posted by SunnyInVegas View Post

I LOVE this site! So happy I found it, everyone has such great advice and ideas!

 

We're getting married at Moon Palace in October 2012, just decided on this resort this week.

 

Working now on planning the specifics and looking forward to chatting here with you all!

 

~ Rebecca



 

Sorry to hear that coco.  Like you said "bumps and bruises".  We all have them :(
 

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Well ladies,

 

It was a quite, serene, semi-productive day in the world of work and wedding planning.  However; I received an email from my TA that said "the name, and dates" of 2 more people who booked.  thewave.gif so as of today we have 21 rooms + our room.  And one more guaranteed room tomorrow (as my BM left her wallet home but didn't know until she called the Travel Agent ;-)  So as it stands right now we are at 82 room nights.  In addition we have about 5 more persons (with roommate) saying that they are going.  This would be great if they book through us so that we can push that number up there (you know I'm a planner). 

 

However; with that Dynamic news, I also had to send out a text message to 2 of my "almost gone" bridesmaids.  Why a text you ask?  Well because if I had called them it would not have come out so nice.  To be honest and quite frank.  Long story short, FI's spoiled 19year old daughter does not have nor did she decide to use the  money that her father gives her weekly to purchase a passport.  So now she is "waiting for her mom to give her the money since her dad won't pay for it."  And well, lets just say the mom has no where near (even after 15 yrs) let go of FI so that is slow coming to get a child a passport. Either way, FI is dealing with the fact his only daughter may not be at his wedding.  Second my cousin (who no excuse is taking, accepted) said "oh I started a new job and I don't know if I can come"  I mean really you don't work weekends, adjust the time and come Friday to Sunday.. enough said right.. well I guess not.  However; after weekly communications with them I find out this news today.  Never mind that when she got married in 10/10 in Tennessee that I flew down there to buy a damn dress that I could have brought on line, then had to fly myself, my son and my mom there for her wedding.  I'm mean how soon we forget.  So with that said here is my text.

 

"Ladies, this is a friendly reminder that things need to be solidified with room bookings, flight & passports if you still plan on attending our upcoming wedding taking place in Cancun, Mexico. You have at LEAST until the 15th to book your trip thru Liz (our TA) if you want to take advantage of the wedding party group rates (with FREE added bonuses)...BUT while you may feel you still have time to book your trip and/or obtain your passport, please make note that due to planning/budgeting purposes WE have set 12/1 as OUR personal DEADLINE.  Soooooo, if you have NOT taken any of the necessary steps as mentioned above no have I been informed of your intentions regarding your previously accepted role, your silence or lack of action will confirm your resignation from your role and unfortunately you will be removed from any future mailings/emails/texts/alerts or updated regarding 4/21/12.  While D and I totally understand that situations do occur in each of our lives, we also know that we have given ample notice, updates etc. to those that e would love to be by our side.  With much Love & Prayers we hope to see you all in Mexico!!"

 

No response was received from his daughter.  However; my cousin sent a lame as response talking about her job.  Funny thing is, she works at the very same college where she just graduated from.  Really.....  My reply to a senseless text "Thanks"

 

Bottom line is, there will be bumps and bruises in this planning process but just as FI said "regardless of who is there, the end result will be that WE are married." 

 

Happy Planning!



 

Can't wait to see what you come up with!!
 

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

Hello!!!  So I received my paper yesterday!  It's going to be a fun weekend of putting together invites!  WOOT WOOT!  I wish I could have started yesterday as I took the day off, but we don't have color in our printer, so I need work printers!  HA!!!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YAY for the room nightswoot.gif, but UUUGGHHH for everything else!  I am sure we all can relate in some way shape or form.  I hope they respond soon with a "of course we will be there".

 

I just found out that yet another "friend" is not coming.  I swear not one person has even tried to save for it!  :(  makes me soo sad, I am losing sleep over the fact that none of my "friends" and extended family want to come to my wedding.  Like you said, how soon they forget all the nice (and expensive) things we have done for them.  I know it's about me and FI but it still hurts that none of my friends (and extended family) will even consider going before they say no.  Then they act shocked when I tell them we aren't having an AHR.   

 

I so hope that things work out with FI's daughter!  That would be soo sad if she couldn't go because of a passport!  Good luck and ((((BIG HUGS))))
 

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Well ladies,

 

It was a quite, serene, semi-productive day in the world of work and wedding planning.  However; I received an email from my TA that said "the name, and dates" of 2 more people who booked.  thewave.gif so as of today we have 21 rooms + our room.  And one more guaranteed room tomorrow (as my BM left her wallet home but didn't know until she called the Travel Agent ;-)  So as it stands right now we are at 82 room nights.  In addition we have about 5 more persons (with roommate) saying that they are going.  This would be great if they book through us so that we can push that number up there (you know I'm a planner). 

 

However; with that Dynamic news, I also had to send out a text message to 2 of my "almost gone" bridesmaids.  Why a text you ask?  Well because if I had called them it would not have come out so nice.  To be honest and quite frank.  Long story short, FI's spoiled 19year old daughter does not have nor did she decide to use the  money that her father gives her weekly to purchase a passport.  So now she is "waiting for her mom to give her the money since her dad won't pay for it."  And well, lets just say the mom has no where near (even after 15 yrs) let go of FI so that is slow coming to get a child a passport. Either way, FI is dealing with the fact his only daughter may not be at his wedding.  Second my cousin (who no excuse is taking, accepted) said "oh I started a new job and I don't know if I can come"  I mean really you don't work weekends, adjust the time and come Friday to Sunday.. enough said right.. well I guess not.  However; after weekly communications with them I find out this news today.  Never mind that when she got married in 10/10 in Tennessee that I flew down there to buy a damn dress that I could have brought on line, then had to fly myself, my son and my mom there for her wedding.  I'm mean how soon we forget.  So with that said here is my text.

 

"Ladies, this is a friendly reminder that things need to be solidified with room bookings, flight & passports if you still plan on attending our upcoming wedding taking place in Cancun, Mexico. You have at LEAST until the 15th to book your trip thru Liz (our TA) if you want to take advantage of the wedding party group rates (with FREE added bonuses)...BUT while you may feel you still have time to book your trip and/or obtain your passport, please make note that due to planning/budgeting purposes WE have set 12/1 as OUR personal DEADLINE.  Soooooo, if you have NOT taken any of the necessary steps as mentioned above no have I been informed of your intentions regarding your previously accepted role, your silence or lack of action will confirm your resignation from your role and unfortunately you will be removed from any future mailings/emails/texts/alerts or updated regarding 4/21/12.  While D and I totally understand that situations do occur in each of our lives, we also know that we have given ample notice, updates etc. to those that e would love to be by our side.  With much Love & Prayers we hope to see you all in Mexico!!"

 

No response was received from his daughter.  However; my cousin sent a lame as response talking about her job.  Funny thing is, she works at the very same college where she just graduated from.  Really.....  My reply to a senseless text "Thanks"

 

Bottom line is, there will be bumps and bruises in this planning process but just as FI said "regardless of who is there, the end result will be that WE are married." 

 

Happy Planning!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!  We are going to FI's office early tomorrow morning to print them off!  hee hee!  He works in the field, so we are on the DL and sneaking in.  But I prefer his work printer as it's laser and mine at work is ink jet.  Let the assembly line and wine drinking begin!!!  God knows, I am in need of some serious alcohol after the week I have had!!!  :)
 

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

YAY!!  Go Jamie, Go Jamie go cheer2.gif
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Happy Friday Ladies!

 

Well after taking off to get pampered at the Symplicity (my natural hair care salon), I went to my grandma's house because she moved up on the world.  I upgraded her to an iPhone.  haha.. so I had to take 2 hrs to show her how to work it...  not bad for a 73yrs young hot momma.. who later showed me that she knows how to work her phone by calling her man friend in North Carolina.. huh.gif somethings I just don't want to hear.. LOL

 

So after coming home, I get a message from our TA that we had another booking.. YAY.... 22 rooms booked and 86 room nights... can you say cheers.gif glasses up.  In addition, we received 2 more RSVPs stating that they are coming, although they haven't officially booked. God is so good! 

 

Have a great weekend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soo happy for you!!! 

 

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Happy Happy Friday Ladies!

 

Well after taking off to get pampered at the Symplicity (my natural hair care salon), I went to my grandma's house because she moved up on the world.  I upgraded her to an iPhone.  haha.. so I had to take 2 hrs to show her how to work it...  not bad for a 73yrs young hot momma.. who later showed me that she knows how to work her phone by calling her man friend in North Carolina.. huh.gif somethings I just don't want to hear.. LOL

 

So after coming home, I get a message from our TA that we had another booking.. YAY.... 22 rooms booked and 86 room nights... can you say cheers.gif glasses up.  In addition, we received 2 more RSVPs stating that they are coming, although they haven't officially booked. God is so good! 

 

Have a great weekend!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×