Moon Palace 2012 Brides

Originally Posted by Michelle15 View Post

Hey ladies is Ocean photographer (smile market)the only vendor Moon Palace uses?

There are some other acceptable photographers that Moon Palace will allow, however, you will have to pay a fee to bring them into the resort.  Depending on who you speak with, you will either have to pay for a day pass for the photographer, book them a room for a night, or pay a hefty 'vendor' fee.

We used Del Sol Photography for our wedding at Moon Palace.  Because they have a great working relationship with Moon Palace, they are an 'approved' photographer, so we were only required to pay a day pass to the resort ($91) for both the photographer and the assistant.

Originally Posted by KristieT View Post

To all the PAST Palace Brides-

Weird Question- what size glasses do they serve at the private functions for drinks? I want to order some special straws but am unsure if I should order the short cocktail length or tall normal length?

Thanks!

-K

This is a tough question.  It really all depends on where your private function is going to be located.   The resort has so many different bars, restaurants and areas to cater an event....and they have numerous types of glassware for each and every bar.  Like most bars, they will most likely make your drink in the glass most appropriate for the drink.  If you are going to order some special straws, I would go with the taller normal length.

Hello Brides! It has been foreverrrrrrrrrrrr since I've been on here! Everytime I go to check I couldn't keep up with all the new post! Thank you past brides for letting us know about the construction on the sunrise side I've contacted my TA to make sure we don't end up on that side. Everyone's pics are beautiful, it makes me even more excited to get down there! 3 weeks to go!!!! I can't wait! ..so a little venting... My fiancé and I are staying at the moon palace for 7 days then going to Le blanc for 5 days after the wedding for our honeymoon. Now I've been told from the beginning that all these days would count torwards our group nights and when it came down to my final PO they didn't want to include Le blanc which we are paying a lot money for. Did anyone else have this issue with transferring to another resort?? Another question how are the bar scenes at night? My group really wants to do a "bar Crawl" inside the resort and I don't know if its mostly restaurant bars or not? I know the disco is now open which I'm sooo happy about but what are the other bars like? Besides this just finishing up welcome bags and getting ready to start packing. My bridal party threw me a surprise wedding shower and it was amazing!! I even had a white dress on( I thought I was going to a 90th Birthday Brunch) lol! Ill add pics when I'm on the comp.. I can only do so much from my iPhone lol! Keep all the great info coming!!

Hello ladies!  I have to admit I have been trolling the threads now for awhile without actually contributing.  Thank you all so much for the helpful information that you have posted!  I am now just one month away from my wedding, and figured it was time to get a little more involved in the forum (and to be honest, the planning!)  I will try not to ask any repeat questions.. but the post about the glass ware got me thinking.  I am ordering beer coolies today for our welcome bags.  Do any past brides know if the resort uses beer cans or bottles?  Thanks!

The new club at Moon Palace is great (Noir is the new name, no longer Andromeda) - good music, great set up and a huge screen for video projections.   No doubt you'll have fun there.   Bar crawling may be a little bit difficult as they bars/restaurants are not too close together and you may end up waiting for quite some time for shuttles between the different sections.  The Sunrise lobby bar is right outside of the club and they also have live music later in the evening.   The Sky View Lounge is also close to the club and it's a good spot to hang out at.  Bar/Club employees were great and went above and beyond to make our visit to their venue a great time.

The Sunrise construction is not terrible, but you definitely notice it.   The stores in Sunrise are closed so we were directed to the Nizuc gift shops to redeem our resort credit vouchers.

Should you be expecting your guests to have resort credits I would urge you to make sure all the reservations made through your group reservation have the promotion enabled as I know I had plenty of problems with that.  Also, let your guests know to book spa/golf/tour reservations ahead of time. Availability is terrible once you're on site if you're trying to redeem your resort credit.

Originally Posted by Krystabab143 View Post

Hello Brides!

It has been foreverrrrrrrrrrrr since I've been on here! Everytime I go to check I couldn't keep up with all the new post! Thank you past brides for letting us know about the construction on the sunrise side I've contacted my TA to make sure we don't end up on that side. Everyone's pics are beautiful, it makes me even more excited to get down there!

3 weeks to go!!!! I can't wait!

..so a little venting... My fiancé and I are staying at the moon palace for 7 days then going to Le blanc for 5 days after the wedding for our honeymoon. Now I've been told from the beginning that all these days would count torwards our group nights and when it came down to my final PO they didn't want to include Le blanc which we are paying a lot money for. Did anyone else have this issue with transferring to another resort??

Another question how are the bar scenes at night? My group really wants to do a "bar Crawl" inside the resort and I don't know if its mostly restaurant bars or not? I know the disco is now open which I'm sooo happy about but what are the other bars like?

Besides this just finishing up welcome bags and getting ready to start packing. My bridal party threw me a surprise wedding shower and it was amazing!! I even had a white dress on( I thought I was going to a 90th Birthday Brunch) lol!

Ill add pics when I'm on the comp.. I can only do so much from my iPhone lol!

Keep all the great info coming!!

What day are you arriving?? we will be there until the 8th!!