Moon Palace 2012 Brides

Congrats!! You looked so pretty- I love your dress!!  Glad to hear everything got A LOT better after the first day- you had us worried!! I talked to my TA and she is changing our room requests to the Nizuc side- so thank you for the heads up!!  Are there king bed and 2 bed rooms in the Nizuc side- I sure hope so!! Can't wait to see more pics and read your review!!

Originally Posted by chicksmommy View Post

We got home last night, my now-husband and I are sick as crap with colds & sinus infections.. I think the nasty air in the airplane got us sick.  I will do my Moon Palace review soon, hopefully this week.  All in all, we had a great experience and I am very happy with Moon Palace.  It got off to a VERY rough start, but after that first day it was pretty much perfect.  In fact, I was crying all morning yesterday because I didn't want to leave.  Bottom line, Sunrise is AWFUL.  Stay away from it and you'll be fine.  Nizuc is awesome.  The staff everywhere at Moon Palace is sweet as can be, and very attentive & helpful.  The weather was absolutely perfect!!  Didn't rain until the very last day there, which is funny considering the weather reports were all saying rain every day of our trip, haha!  The wedding was beautiful, it far exceeded my expectations.. I was shocked at how perfect it was.  I wish I wouldn't have spent so much time stressing over decorations & little things like fans & bubbles because nobody noticed or used them at all.. lol

My coordinator was Teresa, and she was nice.. thankfully everything went well though, because after the ceremony she was GONE- I never saw her again.  I thought the coordinator was supposed to be around until the reception?  We directed everyone to the cocktail hour & reception, she was nowhere to be found- which was a bit strange to me.  And I was a bit irritated that they don't offer rides in the golf carts to the ceremony to the guests, only the bride (and whomever is walking with the bride).  We asked for a ride for the older family members since the gazebo was somewhat far away, and they told me that isn't possible.. I was a bit pissed about that.  

I was surprised at how empty the resort was.. I guess since it's the off-season, but it was really almost dead.  It was weird!  But I guess that was sort of nice because nowhere was crowded, and we did got a lot of attention from the staff.  Oh and one more thing about MP that bothered me and some of our guests- the pillows & bed linens smelled horrible.  Like a nasty mildew smell.  It bothered me a LOT.  I guess because of the humidity there isn't much that can be done about that, but if I would have known this I would have brought my own pillow & pillowcase.. just a thought!  

The food was ok.. definitely not as good as I was expecting.  It was really hit or miss- but in general, the food was almost identical at every restaurant (especially the desserts).  It was weird how basic things like pancakes tasted SO much different there than they do here in the US.  I think it's because the staples like milk taste different than what we're use to.  I will do a breakdown in my review thread.  

Here are a couple pictures- I can't wait to get the ones from our photographer (Octavio Montes)!  

So if any of you have an upcoming wedding, I HIGHLY suggest making sure you aren't in Sunrise.. I still can't believe they booked us all there.  I don't understand why/how they would think anybody would be happy there. It was horrible. Ugh.. 

Me & my dad:

My husband & I:

Our officiant was REALLY sweet, I liked her a lot:

My daughters:

There are coffee makers in the rooms but they are tiny, and old looking.  I love coffee and I wouldn't use it.  There is a little place in the Nizuc lobby called "Coffee & Sweets" and their coffee is really good.  I tried the hot coffee & the frappes only, and they were great.  My sister had a couple lattes and an iced coffee and seemed to like them too.

We got home last night, my now-husband and I are sick as crap with colds & sinus infections.. I think the nasty air in the airplane got us sick.  I will do my Moon Palace review soon, hopefully this week.  All in all, we had a great experience and I am very happy with Moon Palace.  It got off to a VERY rough start, but after that first day it was pretty much perfect.  In fact, I was crying all morning yesterday because I didn't want to leave.  Bottom line, Sunrise is AWFUL.  Stay away from it and you'll be fine.  Nizuc is awesome.  The staff everywhere at Moon Palace is sweet as can be, and very attentive & helpful.  The weather was absolutely perfect!!  Didn't rain until the very last day there, which is funny considering the weather reports were all saying rain every day of our trip, haha!  The wedding was beautiful, it far exceeded my expectations.. I was shocked at how perfect it was.  I wish I wouldn't have spent so much time stressing over decorations & little things like fans & bubbles because nobody noticed or used them at all.. lol

My coordinator was Teresa, and she was nice.. thankfully everything went well though, because after the ceremony she was GONE- I never saw her again.  I thought the coordinator was supposed to be around until the reception?  We directed everyone to the cocktail hour & reception, she was nowhere to be found- which was a bit strange to me.  And I was a bit irritated that they don't offer rides in the golf carts to the ceremony to the guests, only the bride (and whomever is walking with the bride).  We asked for a ride for the older family members since the gazebo was somewhat far away, and they told me that isn't possible.. I was a bit pissed about that.  

I was surprised at how empty the resort was.. I guess since it's the off-season, but it was really almost dead.  It was weird!  But I guess that was sort of nice because nowhere was crowded, and we did got a lot of attention from the staff.  Oh and one more thing about MP that bothered me and some of our guests- the pillows & bed linens smelled horrible.  Like a nasty mildew smell.  It bothered me a LOT.  I guess because of the humidity there isn't much that can be done about that, but if I would have known this I would have brought my own pillow & pillowcase.. just a thought!  

The food was ok.. definitely not as good as I was expecting.  It was really hit or miss- but in general, the food was almost identical at every restaurant (especially the desserts).  It was weird how basic things like pancakes tasted SO much different there than they do here in the US.  I think it's because the staples like milk taste different than what we're use to.  I will do a breakdown in my review thread.  

Here are a couple pictures- I can't wait to get the ones from our photographer (Octavio Montes)!  

So if any of you have an upcoming wedding, I HIGHLY suggest making sure you aren't in Sunrise.. I still can't believe they booked us all there.  I don't understand why/how they would think anybody would be happy there. It was horrible. Ugh.. 

Me & my dad:

My husband & I:

Our officiant was REALLY sweet, I liked her a lot:

My daughters:

There are coffee makers in the rooms but they are tiny, and old looking.  I love coffee and I wouldn't use it.  There is a little place in the Nizuc lobby called "Coffee & Sweets" and their coffee is really good.  I tried the hot coffee & the frappes only, and they were great.  My sister had a couple lattes and an iced coffee and seemed to like them too.

CONGRATS!!! you looks stunning..thank you for the info..cant wait to read your review!!

Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

Congrats!! You looked so pretty- I love your dress!!  Glad to hear everything got A LOT better after the first day- you had us worried!! I talked to my TA and she is changing our room requests to the Nizuc side- so thank you for the heads up!!  Are there king bed and 2 bed rooms in the Nizuc side- I sure hope so!! Can't wait to see more pics and read your review!!

Thank you!!  And you are very welcome!  It makes me SO HAPPY that I was able to warn/prevent others from going through what we went through.. nobody should spend their arrival day crying!!   It's crazy but while we were there we talked to several people who told us they also started out over at Sunrise and moved to Nizuc, and we (and our guests) heard several people complaining at the front desk about how they were in Sunrise and it was awful.  I just don't understand WHY they keep putting people over there.. especially considering the resort is virtually empty right now- it's not like they don't have the room in Nizuc!  It doesn't make any sense.. 

And yes there are king beds & 2-bedroom family rooms in Nizuc.  We had a king bedroom that joined with a second bedroom with two twin beds (for our daughters) and my sister's family had the same kind of room.  And our other guests had the single king rooms.  

Ya that makes no sense since it was sooo empty.  We are going over Thanksgiving so I have a feeling it will be a lot more crowded and 'm glad I could get the request in before we got there- because I have a feeling they would have said Nizuc was all filled up!!

Well I have 3 of my single bridesmaids sharing a room- and they requested 2 beds- but everyone just paid for the cheap garden view rooms.  They won't want a king bed room and I have a few other rooms with single guys so I'm sure they will want their own beds, so I hope Nizuc has that or I guess they'll be stuck in Sunrise or Grand section. 

Thank you!!  And you are very welcome!  It makes me SO HAPPY that I was able to warn/prevent others from going through what we went through.. nobody should spend their arrival day crying!!   It's crazy but while we were there we talked to several people who told us they also started out over at Sunrise and moved to Nizuc, and we (and our guests) heard several people complaining at the front desk about how they were in Sunrise and it was awful.  I just don't understand WHY they keep putting people over there.. especially considering the resort is virtually empty right now- it's not like they don't have the room in Nizuc!  It doesn't make any sense.. 

And yes there are king beds & 2-bedroom family rooms in Nizuc.  We had a king bedroom that joined with a second bedroom with two twin beds (for our daughters) and my sister's family had the same kind of room.  And our other guests had the single king rooms.  

I was told I couldn't change section for my group as they didn't have enough rooms in the other sections to accomodate my group :(   I really hope the hotel is at capacity otherwise I will feel totally lied to!  Not too mention that they have yet to confirm where my reception will be held.   I keep hearing that everything will be great once I get there, but they make it so much harder on the couple than it really has to be during the last month of planning that I'm almost wishing I had chosen another venue.

my TA just told me there was a represenative down there last week and she didnt even notice the construction. they are blocking off the sections they are working in..just telling you ladies what she told me. and she said that if i wanted to move the guests they would need to upgrade their rooms.

Really?? Well who knows what my TA is doing- guess we'll just figure it out when we get there, haha. 

Originally Posted by Speckles121 View Post

my TA just told me there was a represenative down there last week and she didnt even notice the construction. they are blocking off the sections they are working in..just telling you ladies what she told me. and she said that if i wanted to move the guests they would need to upgrade their rooms.

Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

Really?? Well who knows what my TA is doing- guess we'll just figure it out when we get there, haha. 

Im totally not worried about it bc if our guests get there and there are problems Andrew will be sure to get them resolved before the rest of our guests get there.