Moon Palace 2012 Brides

I was requested to pay for all my optional services prior to arrival. Any optional service I had requested prior to leaving for Cancun was listed on a purchase order and I was asked to pay in full. Also, my bill for both Zuniga, and my bill for PSAV DJ equip was listed on the bill and I paid in full for that. We leave for Moon Palace on Monday morning. All of my optional services are paid for. My "wedding planner" Renee Garcia insisted that optional services NOW MUST be paid in full prior to arrival. Either that, or you can not guarantee any of them prior to your wedding coordinator meeting. You could take your chances that the optional services will be available, book them all at the wedding coordinator meeting, and pay at check out. I wanted to lock in my services, and am fine with submitting payment ahead of time. The only charges I will have at check out will be the day passes for the photographers, the charges from the salon, spa, and golf club rentals. Everything else has been paid in full. **Side note - It looks like Tropical Depression Five is going to form into Hurricane Ernesto and head directly towards Cancun about the time we are scheduled to arrive. If anyone on these forums has some good luck, do me a favor and cross your fingers that the Tropical Storm breaks down or turns off its projected path in the next few days. Thanks. :(
Thanks Lady I feel a little better now about the payments, good luck and I wish you a beautiful and sunny wedding.

My Wedding Plan,

I am in the SAME boat... most of my guests plan to arrive Wednesday with my wedding on Friday. ;( I am praying that something changes in this storm. Direction, momentum, anything!! I guess I can always push the wedding one day to Saturday if I had to...

Originally Posted by mwells View Post

This is a weird question....does anyone know if you have your reception in a ballroom does MP provide a dance floor for you, or do you have to rent one from Zuniga?

Moon Palace does have a dancefloor they will provide for free if you book an inside ballroom.  You also have the option of renting a number of different dance floors from Zuniga.

We are in the middle/northern part of Nizuc Tucan was quite a walk from my moms nizuc room. For our group our rooms surrounded bungambilla nizuc is pretty big. Tucan gazebo is right by grand and we got golf carts there no problem but to dinner no one showed. A few things. I had Del Sol photog and had Del Sol get it oked so I just needed two day passes. Wasn't an issue once here. I say don't ask just book. I had maya floral and so Zaray gave my guests flower pedals instead of the bouquet for me. Again no questions. Currently I paid for wedding stuff via the faxed form but the billed our account as well. I have two days to figure it out. Zaray said she would help and I spoke to my Funjet rep Charlie who has taken care of everything We had a small party but Zaray set up my very simple decorations free because she is really nice if you are nice to her. We had sashes and small vases at the cocktail hour. We brought lots of five dollar bills and tiped everyone and by day 5 they know our names and treat us well no one has had anything stolen but we use the safe for everything. I have had a bunch of massages. My family didn't use most credits. When you are here and book stuff they give u a yellow slip - I just keep having friends and family book it for me and give me yellow slip We had friends at sun palace they loved coming over on the shuttle. That covers my concerns from before I came here! Complaints: our points were messed up day 1 but got fixed, our first two rooms were bad. Broken safe/door/no AC. But we got moved. My husband golfed four times and LOVED it. Tours were all full anytime we tried to book but the resort was full for 7 of our 9 days. Our guests were mad. Book first nite. Discuss your credits before last day... In case of massive errors. :)

Great, thank you for the information!! Hope everything was amazing!!

Ohh, I am sending good vibes everyone's way- stay aware hurricane!!!!!

Originally Posted by Gina Bina View Post

We are in the middle/northern part of Nizuc Tucan was quite a walk from my moms nizuc room. For our group our rooms surrounded bungambilla nizuc is pretty big. Tucan gazebo is right by grand and we got golf carts there no problem but to dinner no one showed.
A few things. I had Del Sol photog and had Del Sol get it oked so I just needed two day passes. Wasn't an issue once here. I say don't ask just book.
I had maya floral and so Zaray gave my guests flower pedals instead of the bouquet for me. Again no questions.
Currently I paid for wedding stuff via the faxed form but the billed our account as well. I have two days to figure it out. Zaray said she would help and I spoke to my Funjet rep Charlie who has taken care of everything
We had a small party but Zaray set up my very simple decorations free because she is really nice if you are nice to her. We had sashes and small vases at the cocktail hour.
We brought lots of five dollar bills and tiped everyone and by day 5 they know our names and treat us well no one has had anything stolen but we use the safe for everything.
I have had a bunch of massages. My family didn't use most credits. When you are here and book stuff they give u a yellow slip - I just keep having friends and family book it for me and give me yellow slip
We had friends at sun palace they loved coming over on the shuttle.
That covers my concerns from before I came here!
Complaints: our points were messed up day 1 but got fixed,
our first two rooms were bad. Broken safe/door/no AC. But we got moved.
My husband golfed four times and LOVED it.
Tours were all full anytime we tried to book but the resort was full for 7 of our 9 days. Our guests were mad. Book first nite.
Discuss your credits before last day... In case of massive errors. :)

I'm rather excited I am stuck with Daniela as my WC..she is really on the ball with the things! I got an email today confirming my locations and we're at 117 days out! Hope everyone elses experiences with the Cancun office go as well as mine is right now!

Thinking of all you girls getting married this week with the storm..nothing but good thoughts your way!!