Moon Palace 2012 Brides

that stinks!

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b View Post

One of our groomsmen were not able to make our wedding.  He's in the army and one of his soldiers passed.  The resort won't give him a refund until he produces proof that he's in the army and a confirmation of death...

I feel so crappy for him right now.

WOW that is horrible..im so sorry to hear that.

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b View Post

One of our groomsmen were not able to make our wedding.  He's in the army and one of his soldiers passed.  The resort won't give him a refund until he produces proof that he's in the army and a confirmation of death...

I feel so crappy for him right now.

It took her about a day or two to get back, and just cc'ed my coordinator who actually hasn't emailed me at all. Bug I have her email so I will give her untilnext week and then start bugging her since next week is 3 months until the wedding :D Try emailing her again or email any of the new people who's emails have been posted. Someone is bound to reply. Just make sure you seem chill when you email them so they dont feel like they got a lot to do when they reply to your email.

I emailed her early yesterday and never got a response... did you email or call?  I swear it's like my emails to them are going into junk mail!  Arghh!

Originally Posted by LurkerDan View Post

I believe only one wedding per time slot. However, that doesn't mean all locations are available for every time slot. For ex., if I get married at Tucan Gazebo at 2pm and have my cocktail hour at Tucan Terrace from 2:45 to 3:45, all Tucan locations would be probably be considered "booked" until at least the 4pm timeslot (or even 5pm).

Oh wow, that's what I was afraid of.  This is exactly why I need to talk to my mythical WC.. whomever that may be.  I have now tried to contact 4 different people at MP, all without success.  Tomorrow im calling, and it's not gonna be a pleasant conversation.  Im past the point of being friendly with them.  censored.gif

Yes, that is true, not all locations are available every hour.  They do have only one wedding per hour.  I tried to book the Tucan Gazebo and was given the Bugamabilia one instead...I'm upset about it b/c I asked way in advance for that location and they kept waiting and waiting and finally when Joannis was ready to lock in the locations, she said it was gone.  So frustrating, since I had tried locking that in for months...

Anyway, I'm sure it will be pretty no matter where it is!

I still haven't been contacted by whoever my coordinator is yet...angry.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicksmommy View Post

Oh wow, that's what I was afraid of.  This is exactly why I need to talk to my mythical WC.. whomever that may be.  I have now tried to contact 4 different people at MP, all without success.  Tomorrow im calling, and it's not gonna be a pleasant conversation.  Im past the point of being friendly with them.  censored.gif

Originally Posted by LurkerDan View Post

I believe only one wedding per time slot. However, that doesn't mean all locations are available for every time slot. For ex., if I get married at Tucan Gazebo at 2pm and have my cocktail hour at Tucan Terrace from 2:45 to 3:45, all Tucan locations would be probably be considered "booked" until at least the 4pm timeslot (or even 5pm).

Yes, that is true, not all locations are available every hour. They do have only one wedding per hour. I tried to book the Tucan Gazebo and was given the Bugamabilia one instead...I'm upset about it b/c I asked way in advance for that location and they kept waiting and waiting and finally when Joannis was ready to lock in the locations, she said it was gone. So frustrating, since I had tried locking that in for months... Anyway, I'm sure it will be pretty no matter where it is! I still haven't been contacted by whoever my coordinator is yet...
The way they do this is so half-assed and annoying. They apparently let some people lock in locations months ahead of time, but everyone else is told they have to wait. Then they also randomly assign locations. We were assigned Tucan Gazebo, we never actually booked it. We actually asked to be switched to Bugambilla Gazebo, because we were supposed to be on the sunrise side, but were told it wasn't available. Then they placed us at Nizuc, close to tucan, so it all worked out.

Thank you Bondgirl0072010,

I am starting to get a lot of information and planning items now from the MP so that is good, Now just have to make the final decisions. Does Del Sol also offer a video and streaming video package?

Thanks,

D

Originally Posted by DSanz View Post

Thank you Bondgirl0072010,

I am starting to get a lot of information and planning items now from the MP so that is good, Now just have to make the final decisions. Does Del Sol also offer a video and streaming video package?

Thanks,

D

You're so welcome DSanz!

I'm not positive about video but if they do not do it, I'm sure they will happily recommend someone trusted and amazing. Their email address is here if you want to reach out! info@delsolphotography.com

Happy Friday!!

Hey Danielle,

So im getting married Nov 11, i ended up booking the Lavender Lux collection for the reception which im having on the Carribeno Terrace (rooftop). that includes decor for all the tables and flower centerpeices.

We also contacted Katie from Zuniga who provides additional decoration. We added on more candles to the tables, a dance floor, lights, flags with lighting and a few other things to add to the ambiance when the sun sets.

I believe we got the diamond package for the DJ and we will get a projector and screen to play pictures throughout the night. DJ also provides the speakers and the lighting system

Photography and Videography we are using smile market and Im hoping we get del sol for a TTD session closer to the wedding.

For the ceremony, we choose the complementary package and added hte horse and carrage, a special design canopy by Zuniga, and violin player for me walking down the isle.

Im bringing with me favors and stuff to hand out during the ceremony and reception.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by DSanz View Post

Hey ladies,

I am getting married on Nov 1 and the mad dash is a little stressful to say the least. Has anyone else booked with the new Colin Cowie packages at MP?

I am trying to work, photos, video, flower changes, functions, etc. and info is hard to get.

How did you all find off-site vendors?

Thanks,

Danielle