Moon Palace 2012 Brides

Hi Ladies - We leave tomorrow morning! Wahoo....finally!

Right now, we are just packing and praying we don't have to pay a mortgage in luggage fees - lol!  I haven't spoken to my on-site coordinator Kalena in weeks, but my locations are booked, so I'll just worry about the rest when we get there.  I have everything printed out for what we requested and when, so hopefully all goes well.  I stopped looking at the weather report because it was driving me crazy - lol!  Otherwise, I am just hoping for a wonderful occasion and I will check in when I can to answer any questions you ladies may have that I can help with!

Yaay Jamie! I can't wait to watch the video! Congrats!!!!

Congrats nsg4729!!! Have a blast and enjoy every second of it! Can't wait to see pics!!

Thank you so much for sharing the video! Congratulations!! You looked gorgeous and everything looked amazing!!

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

Hi Ladies!!

We're back!!!  Well we got back on Thursday, but had so much to do with being gone for 12 days! 

We had an amazing wedding and everything worked out the way it was supposed to.  The week of my wedding it rained off and on all week.  Low and behold the day of our wedding it was sooo cloudy that we decided to move our reception inside :(  I was pretty upset about it, but there really wasn't anything I could do.  Our ceremony, cocktail hour and pictures was beautiful and sunny.  During our reception some of the guys went to smoke cigars and it was raining, so inside was the way to go.  Not to mention, it gets too humid and muggy after it rains there, so inside was much more comfortable with the a/c.  The room looked amazing and it really didn't matter once I saw the room!!!  :)  Like I said, it worked out how it was supposed to.  My "husband" hee hee, was very happy to have the reception inside, he was sooo hot outside!

Everything turned out amazing and I know we all stress, but they really do know what they are doing down there.  We had nothing wrong happen.  Zaray did amazing and was very kind and patient!

We used Marvin and the flowers were amazing. 

Our photographer is trying something new, so he has our wedding on his website.  It's was filmed live, so family back home could watch it while we got married.  But it's still up if you guys want to watch it...http://www.ustream.tv/channel/oomm  Hopefully that link will take you to it.  If not, go to octaviomontes.com and click on channel 1 in the upper left hand side of the screen.  They started recording 10 min before the ceremony so you should fast forward or you will just be watching our guests hang out!  :)

I hope you all are doing great.  I will try to get my review up as soon as I can.  But I wanted some pix first.  Either way I will let you know when it's up!!!

Miss you all and I hope all your wedding planning is going great!  Please feel free to ask my anything!!!  I know how stressful it is!

Jamie

Best of luck! Safe flight, and enjoy!!

Originally Posted by nsg4729 View Post

Right now, we are just packing and praying we don't have to pay a mortgage in luggage fees - lol!  I haven't spoken to my on-site coordinator Kalena in weeks, but my locations are booked, so I'll just worry about the rest when we get there.  I have everything printed out for what we requested and when, so hopefully all goes well.  I stopped looking at the weather report because it was driving me crazy - lol!  Otherwise, I am just hoping for a wonderful occasion and I will check in when I can to answer any questions you ladies may have that I can help with!

I had to stop myself from looking at the weather report too to stop from going crazy. Smart choice. It will be wonderful either way. Safe travels!

Originally Posted by taylorabigail View Post

Hi Stefn1218, i'm also a 2013 bride (may) and also new to the forum! I've actually booked my wedding direct with MP and they have assigned me my wedding coordinator who is Joannis. So far she's been really good, it takes her maybe 3-4 days to reply however as we're 11 months away still, I think this is reasonable & she usually answers all my questions. The best way i've found to get hold of anyone at MP is via email. Joannis has confirmed my date & sent me the price listings per person for the ceremony & per table for the reception etc. I'm not completely sure on my guest numbers yet so i can only approximate. I also want to have the ceremony on the beach - please let me know if you find out if you have a choice of an area of beach as i'm yet to find out! Not sure if i've been of any help - as i say i'm new to all this :) 

OMG information?! So it DOES exist now....! If you wouldn't mind, is there anyway you could forward me that information? I've been anxious to get SOME estimate of a budget for this thing (we really want to do a trash the dress shoot, but dont have any idea what will be left - if any- now that things have changed so much for 2013) THANK YOU! snimmagadda1@gmail.com

Someone just replied to my post saying she was able to pick the Tucan Beach, so I'm assuming there are choices....just not sure how to find out? I have a map of the grounds and there aren't any specific areas on the beach with names....

Originally Posted by CafeDelMar21 View Post

Hello brides:

I wanted to share information. Joannis said that if you wanted to have a sand ceremony, that it would be free if you bring your own items (vases and sand), or $150 if you want them to be supplied by Moon Palace. Hope this is useful! 

THANK YOU!

Originally Posted by BrittneyMae View Post

Hey ladies, 

I was just wondering if anyone that is a 2013 bride knows if the MP is going to be doing the $1500 credit for guests, we got some package prices from my TA, but she didnt know if they were going to have the credit still or not. If anyone knows this, I would greatly appreciate it!

I was promised they would be offered in 2013 HOWEVER, when did you book? If it was before April 2012 I think you might still be ok, but if it was after they are imposing a tax to use the credits (not sure what the rate is).  So, essentially, how ever many credits you end up using, you have to pay (in cash i think) a tax on that amount. I haven't seen that part in writing since it wouldn't apply to me or my guests (just have it in writing that it wouldn't apply to me), but I would look into it....

Originally Posted by mpweddingplan View Post

The real issue lies with the high level of incompetence displayed by every single person in the Miami offices.  They really seem to be the root of most of the confusion and chaos when it comes to planning a Palace Resorts wedding. 

The wedding department on-site is great, and although thier pre-arrival communication is poor, they are thoroughly organized and know what they are doing. 

My suggestion to everyone is to completely bypass dealing with the Miami office.  I have never dealt with them at all.  I booked my group room block through a TA, and had nothing to do with anyone in the Miami office.

How did you get direct contact with the on-site department? Do you have their email/phone number? Thank you!

How did you get direct contact with the on-site department? Do you have their email/phone number? Thank you!
I flew to Moon Palace last May to do a site visit. I requested a meeting with an on-site wedding coordinator. We met with Kalena for 2 hours, toured the grounds and went over options. Afterwards we sat down in her office, and booked all our locations into her computer right then and there. She told me that if she was still working for Moon Palace when our wedding comes up, she WILL BE our coordinator. She still works there. My suggestion is to get the wedding departments phone number from the website or from this forum, and make a phone call to them. That's the only way to get much of anything done. Aside from making a trip to Moon Palace to see the resort and meet with a coordinator.

Yay!  That's so exciting! Best wishes to you on your wedding and I hope you have a wonderful vacation!