Moon Palace 2012 Brides

Hola Chicas:-) I ran into Emily(beatyea) while she sat outside of my window on her horse drawn carriage. How ironic is that? I asked if she was Emily and she said yes. Great first meeting huh ;/) At that time as well, my MOH & 2 BMs were assembling our OOT bags to give out tonight at our Welcome cocktail held on the Arrecifes at 6:30 tonight. Big day tomorrow YAY!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Hola Chicas:-)
I ran into Emily(beatyea) while she sat outside of my window on her horse drawn carriage. How ironic is that? I asked if she was Emily and she said yes. Great first meeting huh ;/)
At that time as well, my MOH & 2 BMs were assembling our OOT bags to give out tonight at our Welcome cocktail held on the Arrecifes at 6:30 tonight. Big day tomorrow YAY!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG so excited for you and Emily!! :D:D

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Hola Chicas:-)
I ran into Emily(beatyea) while she sat outside of my window on her horse drawn carriage. How ironic is that? I asked if she was Emily and she said yes. Great first meeting huh ;/)
At that time as well, my MOH & 2 BMs were assembling our OOT bags to give out tonight at our Welcome cocktail held on the Arrecifes at 6:30 tonight. Big day tomorrow YAY!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CONGRATS Coconoir and Emily!!! I can't believe in just 7 days, it will be me getting ready to take the leap.....ahhh, I'm getting nervous just thinking about it! Have a wonderful day!!!

Hi Ladies! I can't believe the time has come for so many of us! Congrats to Emily and Coco!!

I have a quick question for those who have already been to Moon Palace. Does anyone know if the Tucan Gazebo has electrical outlets? JSAV has quoted us $2500 for audio services for our Sikh wedding ceremony (we need 5 mics and some speakers), which I think is absurd and we definitely can't afford it. We've decided it would be cheaper to buy equipment out here and then bring it with us. But we need to know if there are any outlets that can be used in there. Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

$2500?? Did you ask for lights and a DJ as well??
If you rent the speaker system and mic from Moon Planace it's $405 for 4 hours. And as far as I know, PSAV has the same thing for under that.. so you may want to shop around for some quotes rather than buying equipment...

Originally Posted by sophia56 View Post

Hi Ladies! I can't believe the time has come for so many of us! Congrats to Emily and Coco!!

I have a quick question for those who have already been to Moon Palace. Does anyone know if the Tucan Gazebo has electrical outlets? JSAV has quoted us $2500 for audio services for our Sikh wedding ceremony (we need 5 mics and some speakers), which I think is absurd and we definitely can't afford it. We've decided it would be cheaper to buy equipment out here and then bring it with us. But we need to know if there are any outlets that can be used in there. Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

Nope. No lights, no DJ. That's what they quoted for 5 mics, amp, and 2 speakers. I feel like I'm getting ripped off because the wedding is only 2 weeks away and they know I have limited options. I was not at all expecting to pay that much for audio. They're also charging me over $1000 just for the wedding set-up, including $300 for white sheets to put on the ground for us to sit on!

Nope. No lights, no DJ. That's what they quoted for 5 mics, amp, and 2 speakers. I feel like I'm getting ripped off because the wedding is only 2 weeks away and they know I have limited options. I was not at all expecting to pay that much for audio. They're also charging me over $1000 just for the wedding set-up, including $300 for white sheets to put on the ground for us to sit on!

You would be better off going out to a bar and getting a rented out VIP section with unlimited drinks for music and dancing for that kind of money. My wedding is next week and there are only 12 of us going so.....a private reception was not an option for us....so, I looked into going out afterwards after the dinner and the prices were $69.99 per person.....thats for 6 hours of open bar with VIP section in 3 major bars in Cancun, including transportation with someone to stay with your group to ensure you are getting the VIP service.

How many people are going to your wedding to where u need 5 mics and 2 speakers?

It's actually not for the reception - it's the wedding ceremony. We are having a Sikh wedding, with 3 people conducting the ceremony. They requested mics for each of them, as well as 2 for their instruments (they will be playing the harmonium and the tablas). We have about 130 guests, so I'm not sure if mics are even necessary. I'm super confused about what to do right now. 

It's actually not for the reception - it's the wedding ceremony. We are having a Sikh wedding, with 3 people conducting the ceremony. They requested mics for each of them, as well as 2 for their instruments (they will be playing the harmonium and the tablas). We have about 130 guests, so I'm not sure if mics are even necessary. I'm super confused about what to do right now. 

Try talking to PSAV instead of JSAV, see if they would quote you differently.

marriaga@psav.com