Moon Palace 2012 Brides

Great review!!! Congrats on the wedding and opeing your salon!!!

Your review brought up all the doubts I have been having from Marvin as well.  He is so slow to respond and he hasn't shown me a picture of what I have requested yet.  He keeps showing me things I don't like and I tell him to change it and he doesn't.  After your review, I think I may just go with one of the other 2 florists I have been emailing!

Thanks! :)

Thanks Krsmith!  It's great to hear it all turned out for you!! You were gorgeous!!

Originally Posted by krsmith View Post

cheers.gif Hi Ladies!!!

I'm Baaaaaaack!

I know. Long time, no see...or post....but I am back in action! I figure I should give a little update on my life to somewhat explain my absence from the forum, so here it goes:

As everyone I'm sure is aware of or will be, the last couple of months before you leave is hectic to say the least! Once down there it was a total whirl wind of meetings, family, friends, dinners, drinks, and last minute details. As soon as I got back from the wedding I started working on opening a new lash/wax lounge, "Lashed with Love" with my friend and colleague as well as working my regular spa 40+ hours a week. After many late nights and long days, we finally got the store opened in March! After that I was working 60+ hours 6 days a week and trying to slowly transition over to Lashed with Love to give my clients a chance to see me before I left (so I could give them a heads up) and to make sure I was giving my manager time to find new hires and leave on good terms. I also wanted to make sure we were stable enough at LwL before I quit my job since I had many bills to pay after my surgeries and the wedding. Not only was I working a lot, but the many different aspects that go into a new business is enough to keep me up late nights constantly working on something work related! Then there is everything else that needs to be done in the time in between that gets pushed to the side...I think my poor dogs might have gone a little nutty due to the lack of fresh air and walks!

BUT as of this week I am no longer at my other job and am now full time at our new store! I never thought working 40+ hours would be a breeze, but I'm amazed how much more time even just those extra 20 hours can give me! Yay!! I began slowly building my review on MP and tonight finally finished it!! woot.gif

So now that I am not a slave to work, I am fully able to answer any and all questions!

Here is my MP review- http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/moon-palace-golf-spa-resort-all-inclusive/reviews/5928

Thanks for being so patient with me ladies! I hope all your planning is going well and you aren't stressing too much. Just remember it WILL WORK OUT! cheer2.gif

Kelly+Daniel_W_0372.jpg

HI there, can you let me know the other two florist you have been emailing.  I've tried with Marvin, but I can't seem to really get a hold of him.  So, I just want to have a back up plan or another option for flowers!  Thanks!

Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

Your review brought up all the doubts I have been having from Marvin as well.  He is so slow to respond and he hasn't shown me a picture of what I have requested yet.  He keeps showing me things I don't like and I tell him to change it and he doesn't.  After your review, I think I may just go with one of the other 2 florists I have been emailing!

Hi, your review was wonderful, and everything looked great. I'm sorry about the stolen property!! :0(. But I'm also glad you still had a great time!

cheers.gif Hi Ladies!!!

I'm Baaaaaaack!

I know. Long time, no see...or post....but I am back in action! I figure I should give a little update on my life to somewhat explain my absence from the forum, so here it goes:

As everyone I'm sure is aware of or will be, the last couple of months before you leave is hectic to say the least! Once down there it was a total whirl wind of meetings, family, friends, dinners, drinks, and last minute details. As soon as I got back from the wedding I started working on opening a new lash/wax lounge, "Lashed with Love" with my friend and colleague as well as working my regular spa 40+ hours a week. After many late nights and long days, we finally got the store opened in March! After that I was working 60+ hours 6 days a week and trying to slowly transition over to Lashed with Love to give my clients a chance to see me before I left (so I could give them a heads up) and to make sure I was giving my manager time to find new hires and leave on good terms. I also wanted to make sure we were stable enough at LwL before I quit my job since I had many bills to pay after my surgeries and the wedding. Not only was I working a lot, but the many different aspects that go into a new business is enough to keep me up late nights constantly working on something work related! Then there is everything else that needs to be done in the time in between that gets pushed to the side...I think my poor dogs might have gone a little nutty due to the lack of fresh air and walks!

BUT as of this week I am no longer at my other job and am now full time at our new store! I never thought working 40+ hours would be a breeze, but I'm amazed how much more time even just those extra 20 hours can give me! Yay!! I began slowly building my review on MP and tonight finally finished it!! woot.gif

So now that I am not a slave to work, I am fully able to answer any and all questions!

Here is my MP review- http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/moon-palace-golf-spa-resort-all-inclusive/reviews/5928

Thanks for being so patient with me ladies! I hope all your planning is going well and you aren't stressing too much. Just remember it WILL WORK OUT! cheer2.gif

Kelly+Daniel_W_0372.jpg

Just wanted to check in quickly. All is going very well for us and the people are fab. We decided not to upgrade to Moon and chill but we ran into a couple staying on the moon grand side and they love it! We will try to venture to sunrise in the am but who knows if we will get there lol. We have 6 guest here so far 2 yesterday & 4 today and they love it!!! Massages were OMG great!!! We did this 90 minute presentation MP was offering to sell memberships we got an extra 300 spa credits and $100 for tours :-) My meeting today with Valeria was great. We will have a 4hr reception she will not charge for the extra hour but after that she will. Only charged $65 for set-up & offered great ideas. She had all of our stuff that was passed on from previous communication except menu choice which was easy. Arrecfies cant handle 66 people so on Friday we are having welcome cocktails with our own bar on the terrace instead from 6:30-8:30. She will also do the set-up for that. She didn't say anything about Ivan & knows that I got him a room.and I said nothing about the flowers with Marvin. Since our room is so close to the gazebo she will pick me & the flower girls up and take us to the Nizuc Lobby we will take the long way so that our guest will not see me and we can have a longer ride. All if our add on was $1152 ($12 per person set-up on the rooftop), 2 guest passes, horse & carriage, $65 set-up love her and she greeted with with a big hug. Whoever had her will be elated. She will get a big tip from us. TTYL Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much! It has been an incredible amount of work, but SOOO worth being out of a big company with shadey practices. I definitely do A LOT of brides! :) I hope the review helps! 

Originally Posted by Speckles121 View Post

YAYYYYY for opening the salon!! thats amazing news..I wish you were near me..i'd come on in!! Going to read your review..thanks in advance ;)

I'm glad I could be of some help! I HIGHLY recommend hiring either Del Sol or their sister company La Luna. All of our pictures were absolutely incredible and worth every single penny! I can't tell you how often I look at my pictures...I am starting to feel a little narcissistic, but I can't help but feel so proud of our pictures and how good they made me look! LOL!

As far as I saw on our bill we were NOT charged a set up fee. If there was one it may have been like $50. Our bill was pretty dang easy and only had our final wedding bill...all of the charges on the bill that I can remember were the BIG stuff like the reception, JSAV, Zuniga, cake, etc. Perhaps we weren't charged because it was such an easy location?? This whole big fee is news to me!

Originally Posted by mwells View Post

Thank you so much for the review, it was very helpful!!!  The pics from Del Sol are so beautiful, makes me wonder if I should go with them. 

Did MP charge you for setting up the stuff you gave to the WC? 

Thank you!

Yes, I had a VERY difficult time with Marvin. I would say that if you have had better communication with other florists, and you think they could get through and sneak the flowers to you, I would HIGHLY suggest using one of them. I can say that as small of a problem as it was on the big day, the fact that the bouquets did not fit in my centerpieces REALLY bothered me all night! It just looked stupid and sloppy...and that was one of the final requests I had made several times and one that he confirmed a couple days before the wedding. 

I imagine that maybe he is getting too busy with all of us MP brides and is having a hard time handling the work load...but still, even if he was going to take months to answer me, he could have at least gotten the flower pictures right!!

Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

Thanks so much! It's been a crazy year so far, but by far the BEST year yet! :)

Originally Posted by AlmostMrsRJF View Post

Krsmith, thanks for the great review!  Congratulations on the wedding and opening your own salon!  Sending wishes for much success to you!

Thank you! It was definitely amazing. I had a lot of help from Sara (makeup) and Del Sol! They can make just about anyone look like models! :)

Originally Posted by summer12 View Post

Thanks Krsmith!  It's great to hear it all turned out for you!! You were gorgeous!!

Yes the theft was a bummer. Especially because one of them actually had their SAFE broken into! Their code had been disabled and reset (which only can be done with a special master key), so they had to have someone come and open their safe for them and that is when they discovered their stuff was missing!!

My Uncle was mostly upset because apparently MP security was trying to make it sound like it was THEIR fault and that they had done something to leave it open...or that it was staged. Who knows...but he sure didn't appreciate MP's lack of action. :(

Its crazy that BOTH happened the day we were leaving to go down to Playa del Carmen. Makes ya wonder.....

Originally Posted by Palacebridex2 View Post

Hi, your review was wonderful, and everything looked great. I'm sorry about the stolen property!! :0(. But I'm also glad you still had a great time!

I have been talking with http://www.floresrivieramaya.com/eng/  and http://www.cherryblossom.com.mx and their email address is sales@cherryblossom.com.mx.  Their website is currently under construction, but the communication with them has been great! I am 85% sure I am going with cherry blossom as their prices are the same as Marvin's.  Floresrivieramaya's prices are a little cheaper, but they have stopped emailing me as well- I asked them to create an example bouquet and a price proposal about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything! They were great in the beginning, the lady I was talking with would email me back every day or every other day at the latest. 

Originally Posted by nsg4729 View Post

HI there, can you let me know the other two florist you have been emailing.  I've tried with Marvin, but I can't seem to really get a hold of him.  So, I just want to have a back up plan or another option for flowers!  Thanks!