Moon Palace 2012 Brides

Very cute!  Nice picture.  Just send a reminder before the wedding to people not to forget their luggage tags. 

Originally Posted by stefn1218 View Post

After reading this thread for months now, I'm so excited that I finally have something 1) accomplished 2) to share! I'm not getting married until 2013, but since you ladies have been such an inspiration, I couldn't help but share my STDs I JUST finished!

pic stds.jpgThe "Please Save the Date" side is reversible, with this on the other side. I'm hoping people will actually use these if they end up coming!

This last photo is the other side of the "Please Save the Date" insert.  I'm hoping people will actually use them if they end up coming.  I brought one to work to show a girl friend and three of my guy co-workers couldn't figure out how to open these (NOT THAT HARD!), so I've decided to include some SIMPLE directions, just in case! BangHead.gif

I got the actual luggage tags on http://tags.idcardgroup.com/  the tags were $47.99 for 100 and the straps were $5.50 for 100. If your total is over $100 it's free! The inserts were from vistaprint.com.  Just an FYI it's going to cost about $1.60 to mail two of these in one standard envelope (it's too thick to be considered regular mail, for US mail).

So I have a dilemma and I would like your opinions...

So I had major drama with my bridesmaids when shopping for bridesmaid dresses.  I made the mistake of sending them 2 choices and asking which they liked.  That opened up the door for drama.  Only my sister said she would wear what I wanted out of the 4 of them. Two just didn't like the choices and one had concerns about the strapless because she didn't want to have issues with support being top heavy.  The 2 who didn't like the choices proceeded to send me a bunch of pictures of things that didn't work for me or everyone in the party.  Eventually I got fed up because it was becoming way too stressful trying to please myself and please them.  I told them that this picking their dresses was the most stressed I had been during the entire process and that I was considering not even having bridesmaids because I didn't want to deal with the drama.  It just really go out of hand. 

So I made appointments at Alfred Angelo and David's Bridal to go shopping with them.  They all said they could make it.  On the day of the appointments, the 2 who didn't like my original choices showed up to the one hour appointment, one hour late. The people at Alfred Angelo were nice enough to let us continue even though my consultant had another appointment during that time.  They tried on the dress that I had decided on (with major attitude - faces all scrunched up, rolling eyes, etc.)  When it was time to order, the 2 bridemaids who were there on time ordered and the 2 late ones said they didn't have the money to put down their deposits.  They said they would come back within the next 2 weeks. 

They went back the next week and found a different dress that they liked without me.  I was getting ready for a massage at the time (I mean getting ready to lay on the table for the therapist to walk in).  They called me and asked about having a different dress.  I told them to text me a pic of the dress and it was a similar style to the one my other bridesmaids had.  I told them fine, get it.  At that point, I just wanted the dress fiasco done. 

A couple of days later, I felt hurt by their actions, truly disrespected.  Then I thought I was just being a crazy bride and tried not to think of it.  Every time I did think or talk to someone about it, my feelings got all hurt all over again.  I mean if a bride asks you to be in her wedding, you should just go with what she wants, right?  

So far, the whole situation still feels wrong and now I'm having second thoughts about letting them have 2 different dresses.  One is a halter in a satin material and the other is a strapless in a silk/tafetta material.  They look similar but I feel like they don't go together.  I'm considering going to the store and changing them to the same dress if I can.  I'm sure it would involve some cost to me, but I'm thinking that I'll feel better about it if I did.  The look for the entire party would be the same and I think, more put together. 

What do you ladies think?  Am I being a crazy bride?  What would you do in this situation? 

Sorry about the long post, but I really want to get an objective opinion. 

Honestly it is your wedding and it should be what YOU want them to wear!! I was lucky enough to find a dress all my BMs loved. But at this point I would have just thrown my hands in the air and gave up. If it was me in your shoes..I would make sure that all the dresses are going to be color you want and what material you want! It sucks when you have people that dont want to cooperate with you..sending hugs your way!

Originally Posted by AlmostMrsRJF View Post

So I had major drama with my bridesmaids when shopping for bridesmaid dresses.  I made the mistake of sending them 2 choices and asking which they liked.  That opened up the door for drama.  Only my sister said she would wear what I wanted out of the 4 of them. Two just didn't like the choices and one had concerns about the strapless because she didn't want to have issues with support being top heavy.  The 2 who didn't like the choices proceeded to send me a bunch of pictures of things that didn't work for me or everyone in the party.  Eventually I got fed up because it was becoming way too stressful trying to please myself and please them.  I told them that this picking their dresses was the most stressed I had been during the entire process and that I was considering not even having bridesmaids because I didn't want to deal with the drama.  It just really go out of hand. 

So I made appointments at Alfred Angelo and David's Bridal to go shopping with them.  They all said they could make it.  On the day of the appointments, the 2 who didn't like my original choices showed up to the one hour appointment, one hour late. The people at Alfred Angelo were nice enough to let us continue even though my consultant had another appointment during that time.  They tried on the dress that I had decided on (with major attitude - faces all scrunched up, rolling eyes, etc.)  When it was time to order, the 2 bridemaids who were there on time ordered and the 2 late ones said they didn't have the money to put down their deposits.  They said they would come back within the next 2 weeks. 

They went back the next week and found a different dress that they liked without me.  I was getting ready for a massage at the time (I mean getting ready to lay on the table for the therapist to walk in).  They called me and asked about having a different dress.  I told them to text me a pic of the dress and it was a similar style to the one my other bridesmaids had.  I told them fine, get it.  At that point, I just wanted the dress fiasco done. 

A couple of days later, I felt hurt by their actions, truly disrespected.  Then I thought I was just being a crazy bride and tried not to think of it.  Every time I did think or talk to someone about it, my feelings got all hurt all over again.  I mean if a bride asks you to be in her wedding, you should just go with what she wants, right?  

So far, the whole situation still feels wrong and now I'm having second thoughts about letting them have 2 different dresses.  One is a halter in a satin material and the other is a strapless in a silk/tafetta material.  They look similar but I feel like they don't go together.  I'm considering going to the store and changing them to the same dress if I can.  I'm sure it would involve some cost to me, but I'm thinking that I'll feel better about it if I did.  The look for the entire party would be the same and I think, more put together. 

What do you ladies think?  Am I being a crazy bride?  What would you do in this situation? 

AlmostMrsJRF - honestly the only thing I think you're crazy about is keeping them apart of your wedding party.  Seriously? After you told them they were the most stressful part of the wedding process they should have realized how selfish and redic they were being. If the dresses being the same are important to you, on YOUR day, then it's not bridezilla-ish to ask them to wear what you want.  I don't think it will ruin your day if the dresses don't match, but I don't understand why they are making it such a big deal.  I personally would ask them all to happy hour, and let them know that you care about them all (I'm assuming you must REALLY love these girls to be putting up with all this crap) BUT, this is YOUR day, and you want your vision to happen.  If they don't like the dresses you decided on, fine - they are still more than welcome to attend the wedding, as regular guests. No one is forcing them to be bridesmaids, and if they can't support your decision on a DRESS, then maybe they are better off not standing up there with you anyways. This is probably really harsh, I just dont understand what type of friends would knowingly stress you out over a dress. I have several hideous bridesmaid dresses hidden in my closest that i paid waay to much for, and will never wear again, but it is a small price to pay for being a part of such a special day for close friends. Hope this helps! cheer2.gif

Thanks Coco!  I will take it up with Claudia then once we are down there.  

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Not silly at all as I asked the same of my coord.  She will gather everything for me and have it returned to our room.  I'm quite sure the same arrangement could be made. 

I foresaw something like this happening with my bridesmaids since they are all of different body types, heights and ages. So i gave them a swatch of the exact colour and a link to Alfred Angelo's website and told them to pick one lol. Up to them which one they pic, I just want them all in the same colour.
But if you want them all with the same dress, tell them to watch 27 Dresses and see how it is not up to THEM to choose the dress, it is up to you. But that's just me.

Originally Posted by AlmostMrsRJF View Post

Hi ndvidul!!! can you email me the file for the cruise at mshcherbel@gmail.com

I was also curious about this before I made other arrangements for our reception.  Here is the document MP sent me about the sunset cruise.  I hope it helps you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyInVegas View Post

I don't know anyone who has done this before, but I know they used to have a boat that went over to Isla Mujeres for transport and they used the Moon Palace dock.

When my FI and I were deciding where to book, the one thing with Palace that he really liked was the option that they used to have to do the sunset cruise with a wedding package. Unfortunetly, they don't do this one anymore & it was only out of Isla Mujeres (which we couldn't stay at because we have kids coming).

My travel agent said she spoke to someone when we originally booked about the possibility of renting a boat for after the wedding and using the dock. She said they'd have to check into it but it should be a good possibility, only thing is we'd have to pay out of pocket to the boat company (which I was already expecting to do). Like most everything else though, we booked back in October and I still don't have information one way or another for using thier dock!

I haven't seen the catamaran rental on trip advisor, I'll have to check it out. Ideally, we wanted to do a sunset cruise after the wedding and before dinner, but I don't think there will be enough time if everyone has to get on a bus to get to the boat. Ahh, so much to figure out! But I'm so glad there's someone else looking into this as well, I thought I was alone on the idea!

Hey ladies and any gentlemen we might have on here. I got my flower girls' bags today from an Etsy seller. I think I'm more excited about these than the welcome bags for everyone else. I really want to spoil them my future nieces. Any ideas of what to put in there?

bag.JPG

bag2.JPG

And I couldn't resist posting a picture or two of the two cuties (they're a couple years older now):

ss.jpg

ss2.jpg