Moon Palace 2012 Brides

I think we should all be fighting this. When I booked the wedding I was told that the price for them to set up our stuff was $65 and I will go down fighting for that price. I had already invested alot of money into my own linens etc when they changed the price. It's really not fair at all!!

I'm with you- I'm just going to deal with it when I get down there because they are the ones that will really have the say.

Originally Posted by SummerDawn View Post

I think we should all be fighting this. When I booked the wedding I was told that the price for them to set up our stuff was $65 and I will go down fighting for that price. I had already invested alot of money into my own linens etc when they changed the price. It's really not fair at all!!

I am FINALLY in contact with someone from Cancun Palace directly and she has been a GREAT help!  The first thing she told me was that it was $200 to set up the ceremony if you bring your own decorations and $100 a table for the set up of dinner.  Although, she did tell me that included doing everything from name tags, wedding favors, centerpieces, chair bows etc.... Since I was just going to bring my own linens and centerpieces, I asked her if there was a way to discount that price OR if I can just have my own people set up.... She didnâ€t answer me on us setting up ourselves but she did say she would see if we could get a lower set up fee.  I feel for you girls that bought your own stuff already, as I did, cause now I think Iâ€m going to HAVE to let Zuniga do it all for me. 

Iâ€m doing the complementary package for the ceremony .  Remember ladies, they charge you like $2,300 JUST for the ceremony.  None of that stuff goes into the dinner/reception, so I ask you, is it worth that much money for maybe 30min!? 

I also found out that the Dj they use is jsav productions.... The ipod/speaker set up for 2 hours is $395.  This does not come with anyone to do announcements etc.  The next step up is Dj service for 2 hours for $1,00 OR $1,495 for 4 hours. 

Personally what we are doing is Mariachi for the cocktail hour, $480 and then the ipod set up for the dinner, which is 2 hours.....  Since they donâ€t allow the party to go past 11, we arenâ€t doing a "reception" at the resort, but going to a club after dinner!  Should be fun!

Any ways, just wanted to let you guys know what I found out.  Iâ€m in direct contact getting all the details ironed out so if anyone has a question, feel free to let me know and Iâ€ll try to help!

Happy FRIDAY!

I am doing 4 hours w/buffef and I-pod set up.  The 2 hours includes dinner and 2 hours of open bar.  To extend to 4 hours is $60/table.  For the speaker set up, the new price is $400, it used to be $385  :(

I have the old contract saying it's 10/table, so not sure what is going to happen now with the new collections???  I have a feeling I may be 8/table by the time I get there for my wedding!  Hope that helps.  It's hard because everyone is starting to get so many different answers!

Originally Posted by Smoylan View Post

I am doing the complimentary package with add ons...although Im not sure what??? I definately want the horse drawn carriage!

I have also reached 65 room nights booked and I am thinking thats going to be about it.

However, I would love to be surprised by a couple more, but having an AHR makes it easier for people to celebrate with us back here.

I have loved not having to deal with the moon palace directly! My Travel Agent has done all the coorespondence :)

I am just waiting for my 90 days out phone call. I know some people have been having problems and I am hoping to know exactly what I want by the time they call me. So I have a few questions for all you experts!

What should I do with my 2 hour function-does it include dinner? Id like it to be 4 hours with a buffet and use PSAV. How many people per table? Was that ever figured out? and how much is it per hour to extend? I feel like there is no straight set answer? Is it in my contract?

I know you all have been going back and forth and Ive been following everything, I just want to make this as stress-free as possible. I envy all your creativity and hard work!!!

~Siobhan

Yikes! I would like to know this as well as I wanted to email them next week!

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

Hi Ladies,

I tried to e-mail PSAV or JSAV whatever they are called and the e-mail bounced back to me.  Does anyone have an e-mail for them?

Hi Ladies,

I sent a not-so-nice e-mail out to ivis and cc'd a few other moon palace contacts I had and Michelle responded to me saying that they are hiring a new Moon Palace wedding coordinator and she will contact me next week - maybe this is why we arent hearing from Ivis??? Just thought I would let you guys know!!

Summer

Thanks for the heads up Summer- guess I will wait to email her then!! 

Thanks for the JSAV email address!

So I just heard from my Sun Palace coordinator and she said that the set up charge was a new policy as of 2/1/2012.  She told me that guests could not set up decorations because of a liability to the resort.  

But she did tell me that if all I had were table runners and favors she would not charge me $200 a table, so I have asked her what she would charge me- so we will wait and see her response.

Have a great weekend ladies!