Moon Palace 2012 Brides

Awesome! Thank you! I probably won't be doing this for another couple months, but I will definetly email you if I have any questions! By then you will be a married lady!! :) Thanks again! :)

Originally Posted by ladydi1844 View Post

yes in the wedding aisle at Michaels there are all different types of tags and labels. They all have the website on the back of the package and u put in the UPC code and get free templates . make sure you get tags and not labels. i did that the first time and they were stickers lmao duhhh. really easy. if u need anything else just email me ladydi1844@aol.com I probably have the template if you get the same tags. Do a few practice runs on plain paper and measure it up to the tags before u waste any because it took me a few tries to line it up just right.

CONGRAAAAAAATTTTTS!!  Yay yay yay!!

Originally Posted by krsmith View Post

Hi all my BEAUTIFUL ladies!

woot.gif I'm BACK and now a MRS!

I'm sorry it has been EONS since I have been on here! The last 5 months or so have been a crazy complete whirlwind of wedding planning, holidays, business trips, family drama, and my surgeries of course. I feel so awful that I abandoned you all! msncry.gif

I hope you are all doing well and are enjoying your planning. I can say I am more than relieved for all the planning to be OVER! Whew! For someone who is not all that creative and who likes things very organized and done well ahead of time, and who has a hard time making decisions and sticking to them, this was quite a challenge for me. I really got so much help from all you ladies. I can't tell you how your support and love got me through a lot of hard times. I love you ALL! 

I am putting together my planning thread and my MP review, so stay tuned!!!

If any of you have any questions or need some help, feel free to email me on my personal email: kellyrsmith85@mail.com 

I check my email more often than I check my messages here, so I will be able to get back to you more quickly! 

smile03.gifLove and best wishes from a very appreciative Mrs. Smith! 

Thank you for the deets of where you got the tags!  I was soooo wondering how I was going to do this, I was just going to print the saying out on paper and cut them, but this is way better!  Did you get the stamps at Michaels too?

The raffia was fine but i put a small glue dot on each one to make sure it stays in place. I got the glue dots from michaels they have all different sizes so the small ones and it comes in a dispenser so it is quick and easy and it makes sure the raffia doesn't fall off. The poems are:

Now the partyâ€s getting good.
Weâ€d like to hear this if we could.
Stand and shake with all your might.
To see the groom kiss his bride tonight

and

Rather than tapping on your glass,
Hereâ€s a system with mexican class.
Stand and shake with all your might,
To see the bride kiss her groom tonight.

I used the second one and I got printable favor tags from Michaels (Gartner studios) and you can get any shape that has perforated edges. You go on a website that gives you either a blank template or all different templates with flowers or designs and you write in the poem and print them up- this tag even has a little hole so it was easy to tie it. I stamped mine with stamps and pink ink that I had anyway because I couldn't get a picture on them with the way the template is but I am not very good like that so you probably could and than I put our sticker on the back. They are so cute. one of my favorite things. I saw really nice hang tags that people had made up on etsy and i was thinking of doing it but I am running out of money lol. 

tags.jpg

Hi emma12!!

It's all good, don't panic or do (we all do it!)  But that's why this site is soooo great!!!

I am doing the complimentary package, so you may want to verify this, but if you have a certain package all the table runners, chair sashes, flowers, etc...are included in your package, so you won't have to bring your own.  I am bringing my own because complimentary just worked better for us and our colors.  So, you should be good there!  I decided to use the 35 person dinner reservation for our rehearsal dinner and have a private function for our reception.  It costs more to do that, but I wanted music, space to do a first dance, a chance to hang out and mingle with everyone.  We will rent the speakers for the I-pod set up.  We opted not to have a DJ, we aren't having a ton of people.  So, if you can budget it, I would consider a private function instead of the dinner reservation.  You can do almost anything you want!!!  It just takes patience in hearing back from the MP!  You can always ask us questions too!   Hope this helps a little!!!

Originally Posted by emma112 View Post

HI Girls,

I NEED HELP PLEASE....... I'm getting married at the Moon Palace in October 2012. I booked the Sapphire Package early 2011.  I was all chilled out about it. Was happy that everything was taken care of didn't have to do a thing just turn up.

NOW with only 7 months to go I'm in complete panic. Someone please help me What are oot bags do i need them?

We have dinner reservations for 35 people. At first i thought this was great value now I'm wondering, is the wedding party going to be sitting with everyone else having dinner? Where will we have our first dance? What will we do once dinner is over? Also i only have 12 adult guests coming plus 8 young children. we are on a budget so i don't really want to spend out on a DJ or a function room. I'm getting really scared now and want to cancel the whole thing. My other concern is the Theme sapphire. I live in the UK and cannot get sapphire colored table runners or sashes, I'm not very creative but does anyone know if instead i could use Royal blue? if not what shade of blue would work best?  Sorry everyone i know I'm rambling but i need help.

Congrats!!!!!! So happy that things went so well for you!! Looking forward to reading your review and seeing pics!!

Originally Posted by krsmith View Post

Hi all my BEAUTIFUL ladies!

woot.gif I'm BACK and now a MRS!

I'm sorry it has been EONS since I have been on here! The last 5 months or so have been a crazy complete whirlwind of wedding planning, holidays, business trips, family drama, and my surgeries of course. I feel so awful that I abandoned you all! msncry.gif

I hope you are all doing well and are enjoying your planning. I can say I am more than relieved for all the planning to be OVER! Whew! For someone who is not all that creative and who likes things very organized and done well ahead of time, and who has a hard time making decisions and sticking to them, this was quite a challenge for me. I really got so much help from all you ladies. I can't tell you how your support and love got me through a lot of hard times. I love you ALL! 

I am putting together my planning thread and my MP review, so stay tuned!!!

If any of you have any questions or need some help, feel free to email me on my personal email: kellyrsmith85@mail.com 

I check my email more often than I check my messages here, so I will be able to get back to you more quickly! 

smile03.gifLove and best wishes from a very appreciative Mrs. Smith! 

LOVE, LOVE LOVE!!!! Great job on all your DIYing!!! Congrats on becoming the Mrs!! 10 days wow!! So excited for you! Hope things go great!

some DIY stuff. i was hoping to do a planning thread but that isn't going to happen for awhile lol.bubbles2.jpgfans3.jpgI DO letters.jpgmaraccas.jpgoot3.jpgparasols.jpgpashminas.jpgphotobooth.jpg

Yes it might not hurt for you to see if you can speak with Beatriz. She's really been great!! I have been very fortunate to have Janina, Lily and Beatriz. I was a little worried when Lily left without a single word but Janina assigned Beatriz and she usually responds in less than 24 hours. But I'm not the type of person to email or call constantly either. I usually email her about once a month (if that) with a list of questions. I have the wedding location but that's it we will discuss cocktail hour on Friday. Not sure about reception just yet if we don't get the unlimited events then we will just have the dinner and go to the bar afterwards. My future MIL is planning a huge AHR a few weeks after we get back so we can have the "reception" part then. It's really not a big deal to me.

For me the big deal is the exchange of the vows in Texas before we leave. My FI and I are going to get married here the weekend before we leave. It's going to just be the 2 of us, our kids and a family friend who will actually marry us. Not sure if any of you are familiar with Texas A&M University but they have a huge live oak tree on campus they call the "Century Tree". According to an old Aggie legend, if two lovers pass beneath the tree's large, vine-like branches, they are destined to be wed. Similarly, if a couple becomes engaged under the Century's picturesque leaves, the marriage will last forever. My FI is an Aggie so when I proposed this option versus a church he was stoked! I didn't want a huge wedding with a ton of people hence the reason we are planning Mexico, I would have been happy going to the JP but he's somewhat of a romantic and wanted some kind of a ceremony to appease his parents. So the intimate ceremony here is for me and the Mexico wedding is for him.

Here's a picture of the tree itself. I think it will be perfect for when we say "I do".