Moon Palace 2012 Brides

Love these so original and definitely a great pop of color.

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

TGIF Chicas,

Well our little Cesar Chavez come home tomorrow woot.gif and my son is pinkie.gif around the house making sure everything is in order.  If he goes to the crate one more time I think I will put him in it lol.  So knowing the the weekend will be pretty busy for us starting tomorrow with an hours drive to and fro and a pick-up time at 12p there will be no DIYing here.  So, I managed (with my sick tail) to finish our "pop of color" for our welcome dinner.  The quotes were taken from the bible passage 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 all except "Love is Wright"  ;-) 

Beginning of Straws.JPGstraws4.jpg

GREAT JOB EVERYTHING LOOKS AMAZING !!!!!!!.cheer2.gifcheer2.gifcheer2.gif

YOU DID AWESOME JOB ON EVERY DETAIL YOU GUESTS WILL BE SO HAPPY!!!!!

Originally Posted by ndvidul View Post

And, now, possibly the favorite thing I've made so far!  Passport Welcome Booklets.  THANK YOU to all the brides who have posted their passports and to Beck for her planning tips.  This took me AGES, but I love them.  :)  I hope our guests do, too!  Enjoy.

P.S.  I apologize for the long post!!  There's 24 pages, I think.  And there's pages of Spanish & Puzzles, which I didn't post.  I felt I was already going overboard posting this, LOL!!  xoxo

Welc book cover twined.jpg

Welc book inside cover safe to post.jpg

There's 5 pages of this of all our guests.  I just posted one to give you the feel.

Welc book facebook.jpg

Welc book itinerary.jpgWelc book map.jpg

welc book restaurants.jpg

Welc book activities.jpg

welc book resort credit.jpg

And ------ drumroll, please ------ the project that's taken me the absolute longest..... the OOT bags + Passport Welcome Booklets (on next post)!!  woot2.gif

I screenprinted on the logos on these bad boys:

OOT bag picture.jpg

Here's a closeup on the tags I made for the bags:  (each tag has different charms - seashells, sanddollars, compasses, starfish + an inspiring word like Life, Love, etc.)

OOT bag tag.jpg

Here's the bag with the contents:  (underwater camera, Oh Sh*t Kit, Door Knob Hanger, Passport Welcome Book, Playing Cards, Key Holder, and cards for our Time Capsule guest book.)

OOT Bag flash contents below.jpg

Close-up of the key holder:

Key Holder.jpg

Our Oh Sh*t Kits:

Oh Sht Kit Pic.jpg

I am sorry to hear this.  We all have been issues like these.  I have been fighting with my MOH for days now over her unwillingness to pack her bouquet of 6 flowers in her own luggage.  voodoo.gif  Haha.  Well, maybe I'm not quite to voodoo dolls, yet.  She's not even throwing me a bachelorette party or a bridal shower.  Geez.   I feel like with all the pressure of this wedding stuff down in Mexico and work combined, my sanity might shatter.  The funny thing is, people say the whole point of destination weddings is the simplicity, but I think it's actually harder to coordinate something in another country.  This is definitely a very strong trend towards the people we care about letting us down on this thread.  It is sad. 

Originally Posted by ChipmunkRN View Post

OMG! After hearing story after story of brides having difficulties with family and the wedding party I was so glad we kept our list small and only our very close friends and family. Now 65 days out my FI bestman just TEXTED he wont be coming. I am so pissed. How do you agree to be a bestman, not the grooms man, not a guest but a BESTMAN and not follow through! My FI is trying to be understanding but I just don't get it. Nothing would keep me from my bestfriends wedding! WTF!

I was planning on making paper funnels for flower petals, as well.  Yours looks great!  What did you use to secure it--staples, double-sided tape??  I was getting ready to start messing with it, but hadn't figured out what method would be the best.

So, the DIY Lab has indeed been "smoking" hot, haha!  Love that phrase!

Here are some little goodies I've been working on:

These will hold our blue and white petals in, which guests will toss at the end of the ceremony, and will go in the sand in front of each chair on the beach.  The heart tag says "Love."

Petal cone holder.jpg

I had these stamps already for other projects and thought --- why not buy napkins for $2.50 and stamp them quickly for an added personal touch for the cocktail hour? :)

Cocktail napkin stack.jpg

First, I used double-sided tape.  Then, at the ends, I hot glued them to make sure they stayed together.  (My paper is heavy cardstock, so double-sided tape just isn't strong enough.)  The twine is actually threaded through the paper, too, so it helps it stay together as well.  :)  Good luck on yours!!  Hope you post pics!

Originally Posted by alaharri View Post

I was planning on making paper funnels for flower petals, as well.  Yours looks great!  What did you use to secure it--staples, double-sided tape??  I was getting ready to start messing with it, but hadn't figured out what method would be the best.

These are great!

Originally Posted by ChipmunkRN View Post

DSCN2680.JPG

Mailed out the invites. Took a little longer than I wanted but I like how they turned out. coverinsideDSCN2677.JPGDSCN2678.JPG

DSCN2679.JPG

He's getting use to the house now... little whimpers here and there... Stay tuned

Oh, Coco --- I forgot ---- how EXCITING that Cesar arrives tomorrow!!!  Congratulations!  I can't wait to hear about his arrival!

Damn ndvidul we need to come to your planning school.  I'll sign up for sure.  WONDERFUL JOB!!!!

So, the DIY Lab has indeed been "smoking" hot, haha!  Love that phrase!

Here are some little goodies I've been working on:

These will hold our blue and white petals in, which guests will toss at the end of the ceremony, and will go in the sand in front of each chair on the beach.  The heart tag says "Love."

Petal cone holder.jpg

I had these stamps already for other projects and thought --- why not buy napkins for $2.50 and stamp them quickly for an added personal touch for the cocktail hour? :)

Cocktail napkin stack.jpg

And ------ drumroll, please ------ the project that's taken me the absolute longest..... the OOT bags + Passport Welcome Booklets (on next post)!!  woot2.gif

I screenprinted on the logos on these bad boys:

OOT bag picture.jpg

Here's a closeup on the tags I made for the bags:  (each tag has different charms - seashells, sanddollars, compasses, starfish + an inspiring word like Life, Love, etc.)

OOT bag tag.jpg

Here's the bag with the contents:  (underwater camera, Oh Sh*t Kit, Door Knob Hanger, Passport Welcome Book, Playing Cards, Key Holder, and cards for our Time Capsule guest book.)

OOT Bag flash contents below.jpg

Close-up of the key holder:

Key Holder.jpg

Our Oh Sh*t Kits:

Oh Sht Kit Pic.jpg

And, now, possibly the favorite thing I've made so far!  Passport Welcome Booklets.  THANK YOU to all the brides who have posted their passports and to Beck for her planning tips.  This took me AGES, but I love them.  :)  I hope our guests do, too!  Enjoy.

P.S.  I apologize for the long post!!  There's 24 pages, I think.  And there's pages of Spanish & Puzzles, which I didn't post.  I felt I was already going overboard posting this, LOL!!  xoxo

Welc book cover twined.jpg

Welc book inside cover safe to post.jpg

There's 5 pages of this of all our guests.  I just posted one to give you the feel.

Welc book facebook.jpg

Welc book itinerary.jpgWelc book map.jpg

welc book restaurants.jpg

Welc book activities.jpg

welc book resort credit.jpg

Hello Chicas,

A quick update, Cesar is home and did an excellent job in the car.  We went to PetSmart and the ladies tried to steel him from us already ;-)  He is home and slowly getting use to his new pad which he did the number 1 twice.... but we were prepared for this. 

Cesar in the car nestled between my grandma and son.

Cessar in car.jpg

to my surprise when I got in the house were several packages for Cesar and also our photobox which will serve as our guestbook (The butterfly and beach 4x6 cards that I made and posted several post back)  So excited and can't wait for FI to get home. 

Front

Our guestbook.jpg

Back

back of guestbook.jpg

Both Sides

side guestbook.jpgside 2 guestbook.jpg

More Cesar Updates later ;-)  Have a great weekend

Yes you can use resort credits to take a limo back to the airport, we did this as we had so many left over from my SIL's wedding that I Think we actually all did this option

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b View Post

Also I read on a review on Tripadvisor that someone was able to use their resort credit on a limo to take them back to the airport.  Can anyone confirm this?!

Ivis is actually out of Miami.  I have her as well, and just spoke to her last week.  My onsite is Kalena.

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

I do!  She has been very sweet and pretty quick considering I am still far out, but now that I got my locations reserved I am not really going to "bother" her until it gets closer for me! :)

She did answer one of my questions from earlier this week today!  So, I think she's great!   :)