Moon Palace 2012 Brides

Hi all-

I am getting married on March 23rd and have had the same concerns about the photographers after seeing the work on the smilemarket website. I was shocked when I saw that TWO of their portfolio pictures (you know the one's they think reflect their best work) have other people in the background (one a caterer and one a group of guys in bathing suits drinking beer). I had a call with my WC today and I told her that it was unfortunate that they rope people into using a service that many think is subpar. I am not particular about photos AT ALL, but even I was disappointed. My WC said that the policy is two nights for outside vendors. I told her that that requirement is silly, seeing how they wont use the room and the photographer wont even stay to eat. I am with you guys, buying ONE night and calling it a day

We leave 10 weeks from today and I am so excited!!! Got the location of the reception booked, the cocktail reception booked and made all of my spa appointments! Bring on March!!

Wow March is just around the corner, I am so excited for you!  I will be glued to this forum waiting for your do's and STAY away from's lol.  Yes MP's policy suck and if it wasn't for the perks I would other not have a wedding there. 

Originally Posted by USCJLB View Post

Hi all-

I am getting married on March 23rd and have had the same concerns about the photographers after seeing the work on the smilemarket website. I was shocked when I saw that TWO of their portfolio pictures (you know the one's they think reflect their best work) have other people in the background (one a caterer and one a group of guys in bathing suits drinking beer). I had a call with my WC today and I told her that it was unfortunate that they rope people into using a service that many think is subpar. I am not particular about photos AT ALL, but even I was disappointed. My WC said that the policy is two nights for outside vendors. I told her that that requirement is silly, seeing how they wont use the room and the photographer wont even stay to eat. I am with you guys, buying ONE night and calling it a day

We leave 10 weeks from today and I am so excited!!! Got the location of the reception booked, the cocktail reception booked and made all of my spa appointments! Bring on March!!

Hi all-

Hi USCJLB - I am getting married the next day March 24, 2011 and still have not been able to confirm my locations. If I may ask, who is your Miami coordinator? Where are your locations? Do share. I'm starting to get excited and nervous! I don't know about you but I was so busy with the holidays, work, etc that I didn't realize that it's only 10 weeks away!!! Yikes!

Hi Ladies,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for falling off the face of the earth. I work for the Department of Public Social Services and due to the sad economic state that our country finds itself in, we are extremely busy. This level rises to a point of insanity from October through January, when the holidays come upon us. It can be a rewarding job, but oh so very exhausting. The wedding planning took a backseat for a little bit, but now with only 73 days to go, it's Focus, Focus, Focus!

Please know that although I did not have the time to post, I have celebrated from afar as you have picked your dresses, completed DIY projects, and checked things off of your lists. I have also kept many of you in thought and prayer as family members have passed, as friends and family have let you down, and as jewelry was stolen. I too have had a few roller coaster moments, but at this point it's full steam ahead!

I will post some pics as soon as I can, however, my 2 main projects at the moment are finishing the menu cards and the wedding programs on Vistaprint and purchasing the items for and completing the OOT Bags.

I did get some things checked off the list:

Booked Marvin to do my flowers

Purchased the dress for the civil ceremony, which will take place before we leave to Cancun

Purchased my wedding jewelry

I received a call from the Bridal Salon yesterday...the dress is in!  I am excited but I am also nervous. Because I chose to put more of my efforts into work, I failed to be true to my weight loss plan. I haven't lost much weight and I know that I will be mad at myself when I go for my fitting. I am glad that I decided to order my dress in a size that would fit me now, versus the size I was hoping to be. I figure it's easier to take things in than let things out, when there is not enough material. Phew!

I have been corresponding with my Miami coordinator, Ivis Hitchcock. She is a sweetheart, but keeps telling me that she is waiting to receive confirmation from the "onsite staff" regarding my location requests. 73 days is alot different than 90 days. My patience is starting to wear thin. She did tell me that my onsite coordinator would be Kaylena. I'm very happy about this, due the great reviews she has received on this site, although her emailing is known to be slow.  Ivis told me I would be hearing from Kaylena about 2 weeks before the wedding. A little too close to the wedding for the control freak in me, but it is what it is.

I also was a little shocked to learn that the reception was going to cost much more than I had originally anticipated. I have been hoping to book the Caribbean Terrace for the reception. I knew that this location was considered a semi private location and that it would cost an additional $12.00 per person set up fee. For whatever reason, I interpreted this as ... The Amber Package that I purchased includes dinner for up to 35 guests, therefore I must pay $12 x30 = $360. Boy, I could not have been more WRONG! The reality... the Caribbean Terrace is treated as a private area PLUS an additional $12.00. The Caribbean Terrace is "free + $12 pp" IF you have enough nights booked to qualify for a "private event". I do not. So Ivis explained to me that it would be $50 per person in additional to the 12 pp fee - $62.00 x 30 = $1,860. Yikes! So the logical/practical me says no way, too much, we are going to one of the restaurants that is included in the package....then the emotional/I want what I envisioned me screams but, but, I already bought table decor and tablecloths. So....I called the bank, checked the savings account, called the FH, and called Ivis back. Let's just say I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Caribbean Terrace, although I'm certain that deep down inside the FH is hoping that it wont be available. The one thing that I have Ivis looking into, and pushing that it be honored is the $400 per table of 10 that was offered with the "Older packages". The new Colin Cowie Collections offer $50.00 per person for a table of 8. I believe the table sizes are the same, however they are now only sitting 8 people versus 10 per table. One more way for MP to make more money. Since I'm bringing my own table decor and I'm certain, although it wasn't mentioned, a $65.00 decor set up fee will be charged I hope, pray, and will push for the $400 price.

The new Colin Cowie Collections do offer reception decor that the "older packages" do not. They are magnificent, however, I believe you must qualify for a "private event" to purchase them and than you still must pay the additional cost. I have attached the entire document I was provided, which includes both the ceremony decor prices and the reception decor prices. Please see attachment. Hope someone can find this helpful.

In addition, for us "Gem Collection Brides" aka "the older packages" I have attached the selections that one can pick from for both the Sapphire Package and the Amber Package. You can see what bouquets, cakes, and boutonnieres are included and what is considered an upgrade. I originally wanted Amber but now I am trying to change it to Sapphire, as the cost is the same $1,952.00

If we do indeed get the Caribbean Terrace, we have decided to serve the French Buffet. We chose this one because it has a fish entree, a chicken entree, and a beef entree. We do not have any vegetarians attending so we didn't have to take that into consideration. I am by no means a "Foodie" (basically, as long as I don't have to cook, I think it's great) but I will include a review of the food when I do the final review. We do have 30 nights booked, so we did earn a free cocktail hour. We will be serving the Superior Appetizers. I know both of these menu options have been posted previously, but thought for someone that hasn't seen it, they could use the info.

Well girls, this all for now. I hope that everyone is well. I know one thing for sure ... you have all been busy productive bees! 

Here's to the 2012 Brides ...Thanks for continuing to share thoughts and ideas!cheers.gif

CATALOGE INC SAPPH 2010 Nuevo (2).ppt

CATALOGUE INC AMBER 2010 nuevo-2.ppt

CC Collection Wedding Packet Palace Resorts 12-14-11-3.pdf

MENUS BUFFET (50) 2011.pdf

HORS D'OEUVRES 2010.pdf

Hi JL,

Welcome back and thanks for the posting the updates.  The Colin packages are nice, way too expensive but nice nevertheless ;-)  Time is ticking away for you cheers.gif

Originally Posted by JLCarrera View Post

Hi Ladies,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for falling off the face of the earth. I work for the Department of Public Social Services and due to the sad economic state that our country finds itself in, we are extremely busy. This level rises to a point of insanity from October through January, when the holidays come upon us. It can be a rewarding job, but oh so very exhausting. The wedding planning took a backseat for a little bit, but now with only 73 days to go, it's Focus, Focus, Focus!

Please know that although I did not have the time to post, I have celebrated from afar as you have picked your dresses, completed DIY projects, and checked things off of your lists. I have also kept many of you in thought and prayer as family members have passed, as friends and family have let you down, and as jewelry was stolen. I too have had a few roller coaster moments, but at this point it's full steam ahead!

I will post some pics as soon as I can, however, my 2 main projects at the moment are finishing the menu cards and the wedding programs on Vistaprint and purchasing the items for and completing the OOT Bags.

Purchased the dress for the civil ceremony, which will take place before we leave to Cancun

I received a call from the Bridal Salon yesterday...the dress is in!  I am excited but I am also nervous. Because I chose to put more of my efforts into work, I failed to be true to my weight loss plan. I haven't lost much weight and I know that I will be mad at myself when I go for my fitting. I am glad that I decided to order my dress in a size that would fit me now, versus the size I was hoping to be. I figure it's easier to take things in than let things out, when there is not enough material. Phew!

I have been corresponding with my Miami coordinator, Ivis Hitchcock. She is a sweetheart, but keeps telling me that she is waiting to receive confirmation from the "onsite staff" regarding my location requests. 73 days is alot different than 90 days. My patience is starting to wear thin. She did tell me that my onsite coordinator would be Kaylena. I'm very happy about this, due the great reviews she has received on this site, although her emailing is known to be slow.  Ivis told me I would be hearing from Kaylena about 2 weeks before the wedding. A little too close to the wedding for the control freak in me, but it is what it is.

I also was a little shocked to learn that the reception was going to cost much more than I had originally anticipated. I have been hoping to book the Caribbean Terrace for the reception. I knew that this location was considered a semi private location and that it would cost an additional $12.00 per person set up fee. For whatever reason, I interpreted this as ... The Amber Package that I purchased includes dinner for up to 35 guests, therefore I must pay $12 x30 = $360. Boy, I could not have been more WRONG! The reality... the Caribbean Terrace is treated as a private area PLUS an additional $12.00. The Caribbean Terrace is "free + $12 pp" IF you have enough nights booked to qualify for a "private event". I do not. So Ivis explained to me that it would be $50 per person in additional to the 12 pp fee - $62.00 x 30 = $1,860. Yikes! So the logical/practical me says no way, too much, we are going to one of the restaurants that is included in the package....then the emotional/I want what I envisioned me screams but, but, I already bought table decor and tablecloths. So....I called the bank, checked the savings account, called the FH, and called Ivis back. Let's just say I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Caribbean Terrace, although I'm certain that deep down inside the FH is hoping that it wont be available. The one thing that I have Ivis looking into, and pushing that it be honored is the $400 per table of 10 that was offered with the "Older packages". The new Colin Cowie Collections offer $50.00 per person for a table of 8. I believe the table sizes are the same, however they are now only sitting 8 people versus 10 per table. One more way for MP to make more money. Since I'm bringing my own table decor and I'm certain, although it wasn't mentioned, a $65.00 decor set up fee will be charged I hope, pray, and will push for the $400 price.

The new Colin Cowie Collections do offer reception decor that the "older packages" do not. They are magnificent, however, I believe you must qualify for a "private event" to purchase them and than you still must pay the additional cost. I have attached the entire document I was provided, which includes both the ceremony decor prices and the reception decor prices. Please see attachment. Hope someone can find this helpful.

In addition, for us "Gem Collection Brides" aka "the older packages" I have attached the selections that one can pick from for both the Sapphire Package and the Amber Package. You can see what bouquets, cakes, and boutonnieres are included and what is considered an upgrade. I originally wanted Amber but now I am trying to change it to Sapphire, as the cost is the same $1,952.00

If we do indeed get the Caribbean Terrace, we have decided to serve the French Buffet. We chose this one because it has a fish entree, a chicken entree, and a beef entree. We do not have any vegetarians attending so we didn't have to take that into consideration. I am by no means a "Foodie" (basically, as long as I don't have to cook, I think it's great) but I will include a review of the food when I do the final review. We do have 30 nights booked, so we did earn a free cocktail hour. We will be serving the Superior Appetizers. I know both of these menu options have been posted previously, but thought for someone that hasn't seen it, they could use the info.

Well girls, this all for now. I hope that everyone is well. I know one thing for sure ... you have all been busy productive bees! 

Here's to the 2012 Brides ...Thanks for continuing to share thoughts and ideas!cheers.gif

HORS D'OEUVRES 2010.pdf

I have been trying to think of how to answer this, as I just can't BELIEVE they are making it sooooo difficult now.  I would do what some of the other ladies suggested and just book one night.  That's what I did, but I also had them put it in my contract that I only needed one nights stay for the photographer.  3 days for each is RIDICULOUS and I can't fathom how they can do that to people!?!?!  Keep pushing for 1 nights stay, I am sure they will come around, they usually do if you keep pushing them and are being extremely annoying!  That's what I have had to do!!!  I am crossing my fingers for you girl!!!  Good Luck and keep us posted!!!!

Originally Posted by palacebride27 View Post

Look at what my contact said to me today in regards to photography:

I am unable to provide you with our vendor information due to the limitation we have within our contracts. We have binding contracts with all of our preferred service providers which do not allow us to go outside the contracts to other vendors. Any information on pricing and services needed may be discuss with me.

If you have a specific provider they would have to be a paying guest with a minimum 3 nights at the resort in order for them to be allowed to provide the service for your wedding.  This is the only way any professional photographer, DJ etc. other than our vendor, would be allowed to photograph or perform any other services for your wedding.

Their photographer SUCKS! What should I do?  I know you girls are saying buy a night, which I can, but here, she is saying 3??

Welcome!  March will be here before you know it!!!  One nights stay is more than enough I think!  I am jealous of the girls that got away with a day pass!!!

Hi all-

YAY!!!  So cute, I can't wait to see pix!!!

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

So excited!!!  I just ordered 2 dresses for our flower girls.  YAY!  It will take 3-4 weeks for them to made & then shipped.  Can you say check check check.... Love it. 

Welcome Back JL!!!  you have been missed!  Your wedding is coming up quickly, so exciting!  I hope you hear from the MP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I also have to say that the MP better honor their old rates $400/table of 10, but I am sure I have that in a contract somewhere.  Find you contract and read through it, that may help you out!!!!  I love the Caribbean Terrace as well!  But we decided on Tucan terrace.  We are in the same boat as you with # of guests, we could do the free dinner reservation, but opted to do a "real" reception and just pay for it.  Hopefully it will be ok price wise, but I guess we have about 4 1/2 months to think about if we want to spend that money!  Good luck, I hope you get to do what you want!

Originally Posted by JLCarrera View Post

Hi Ladies,

WOOT!  That was super fast!  Hopefully you can post pix when it gets in!!!  :)

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

FI received an email from Studio Suits stating that his suit will ship in 4 days.  Wow that was fast!!  Will keep you posted

HORS D'OEUVRES 2010.pdf

We booked our photog the one night too! Soo many rules and regulations with MP and outside vendors!! ugh! What photog are you using? We are using Ismael Pachecho. Congrats on getting your locations reserved!! PS we leave in TWO weeks from todayyyy!cheers.gif

Hi all-