Moon Palace 2012 Brides

I'm getting married on nov 10, 2012... We have sent out our save the dates and created our website but I feel like you girls are so far ahead of us. How do you have your locations and such booked. I called mp and asked for menus etc and was told I have to wait until 90 days before the wedding. Help?? 

Never downplay your feelings as ndvidul has eluded to in the previous post.  Tell him how this made you feel so that you can get this off of your chest, and so that he can understand.  From there, he will know exactly what he needs to do.  Wishing you all the best and hoping you feel better about the situation soon. 

Originally Posted by summer12 View Post

Aww yes!  That helps sooo much and was what I have been struggling with!  The "playing it cool" vs honoring my true feelings.  I know in the long run I'll be happy I was honest just right now I feel crappy.  Thanks so much!  And I tried to explain myself in a rational "i'm not trying to be materialistic" way.  I guess if nothing else he will respect my feeling even though he doesn't understand them.  Just like I do for him sometimes.  That's what a marriage is right? 

Mca1116, Congrats and welcome4.gif to our wonderful forum. 

Nov although to you seems close is quite a ways off for MP but I never heard of waiting until 90 days to get menus (unless they plan on changing foods).  However; I'm not too sure if you have viewed the forum in its entirety but they menus are listed here.  Also, I'm sure that we can email them to you.  As far as locations, many of us that have our locations booked had to fight to get this done (and it wasn't easy) and some still don't have locations books.  You have a little under a year so this IMO wouldn't be the primary focus especially if your day is filled with 8 weddings like our day is.

Originally Posted by Mca1116 View Post

I'm getting married on nov 10, 2012... We have sent out our save the dates and created our website but I feel like you girls are so far ahead of us. How do you have your locations and such booked. I called mp and asked for menus etc and was told I have to wait until 90 days before the wedding. Help?? 

Thank you so much. I have believe it or not read all 200+ pages of the forum haha. Ive tried to view the pdf files listed and i dont have priveleges to view them.  Could you email me the menus? My email address is mcander1116@yahoo.com. I will definitely call MP tomorrow and try to fight for my locations. I want to get married on the beach and def don't want to take the chance of losing that opportunity. 

What is everyone doing for their bridesmaids flowers? I had a huge argument w one of my BM bc I wanted to make my bouquets instead of paying the $80-$100 the resort charges and my BM told me they would look ridiculous. 

-Melissa 

Yes, I'll email menus along with a few other items 1st thing in the am. How rude of your BM :-() I'm sure that you have seen the many elegant & beautiful DIY bouquets on the forum alone so I'll say this "it's your day" do what you & your FI wants. I'm using Marvin from Maya Floral.

Thank you so much. I have believe it or not read all 200+ pages of the forum haha. Ive tried to view the pdf files listed and i dont have priveleges to view them.  Could you email me the menus? My email address is mcander1116@yahoo.com. I will definitely call MP tomorrow and try to fight for my locations. I want to get married on the beach and def don't want to take the chance of losing that opportunity. 

What is everyone doing for their bridesmaids flowers? I had a huge argument w one of my BM bc I wanted to make my bouquets instead of paying the $80-$100 the resort charges and my BM told me they would look ridiculous. 

-Melissa 

I wrote this totally long thing in response to you, Summer12, and welcoming you, Mca, to the forum!!  And then my computer erased it some how... and since it's late, and I want to post my project I finished, I'm going to not type it all out again... but just know I was going to respond!  LOL!  oops.gif

Wow, what an amazingly productive weekend on the Wedding front!  I really and truly haven't felt this "put together" about the wedding yet at all... it is an amazing feeling!  We booked our hotel & flights today --- finally!!  Yippeeee!!!!

Also, I finished the first Ceremony Program tonight.  Couldn't wait to share it with you all!  I'll finish them this week along with my other projects.  Enjoy!

P.S.  I finally was able to use my new Crop-a-dile tool and Circle Cutter for this --- woot, woot! 

P.P.S.  I got the idea for this booklet from the book The DIY Bride Crafty Countdown by Khris Cochran... which I got 40% off of course at Joann's!  haha!

P.P.P.S.  I left out a few pages that have the excerpts from our readings & the hand ceremony blessing.  I LOVE the quotes that I put in here, hehe!  OK, this is enough post scripts.  Bed time for me, friends!  Happy planning this week!

Front.jpg

Intro Pg.jpg

Our Story Pgs.jpg

Wedding Party Pgs.jpg

Ceremony Pgs.jpgEnding Pg.jpg

Welcome!!welcome.gif I totally read the whole thing before joining too, there's lot's of good info here!

Originally Posted by Mca1116 View Post

-Melissa 

Oh wise coco, how right you are. cheesy.gif Which is why I feel bad for feeling bad- cause of all he is and does for me. I know this relationship is different and so much deeper than anything either of us have had.  However he can't undo telling me what he paid for her ring and I can't undo my reaction and now we both feel like an upgrade will be the best solution.  Hopefully we can just put a bigger diamond on the ring I already have, we both agree it is beautiful, and will be even more so after.  It's just money and (as mentioned earlier) we are so blessed.  He said he would have gotten me a bigger one in the first place but there was confusion with what he thought I wanted.  Anyways, thanks for the POV.

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Summer12,

I would feel the exact same way that you do and I probably would have fussed etc..  but there was a reason that they broke up prior to him being able to give her the ring.  We all have a past history (some stories greater in length than others & outcomes being very different) but to say "I want bigger because she had" or vice versa is not how I believe that anyone getting married should start off.  Yes, my ego would be a little tarnished as he has witnessed yours but YOU alone are marrying a great man with dynamic in-laws whose stepping up in so many ways for you and your family.  That to me is what matters not the size of your ring.  You have more in him (from what I have read) that he would not be able to afford in putting in a ring.  You have a man that cares about you, and your family to the fullest... that my friend has no karat size related.  IMO of course. 

Wow I love it ndvidul!!!  Do you have a template? Love your style!

Originally Posted by ndvidul View Post

Wow, what an amazingly productive weekend on the Wedding front!  I really and truly haven't felt this "put together" about the wedding yet at all... it is an amazing feeling!  We booked our hotel & flights today --- finally!!  Yippeeee!!!!

Also, I finished the first Ceremony Program tonight.  Couldn't wait to share it with you all!  I'll finish them this week along with my other projects.  Enjoy!

P.S.  I finally was able to use my new Crop-a-dile tool and Circle Cutter for this --- woot, woot! 

P.P.S.  I got the idea for this booklet from the book The DIY Bride Crafty Countdown by Khris Cochran... which I got 40% off of course at Joann's!  haha!

P.P.P.S.  I left out a few pages that have the excerpts from our readings & the hand ceremony blessing.  I LOVE the quotes that I put in here, hehe!  OK, this is enough post scripts.  Bed time for me, friends!  Happy planning this week!

Front.jpg

Intro Pg.jpg

Our Story Pgs.jpg

Wedding Party Pgs.jpg

Missy, Missy, Missy I am so in love with your work and find myself waiting until your next post!  Mere words can not express how impressed that I am with your work.  Beautiful, Classic, Stunning & Well thought out.  DYNAMIC work Tammy! 

Originally Posted by ndvidul View Post

Front.jpg

Intro Pg.jpg

Our Story Pgs.jpg

Wedding Party Pgs.jpg