Moon Palace 2012 Brides

Coco,

The guestbook  notecards look great!!!

I'm glad to hear that you &your FI are holding strong through the stress.. when planning the happiest day of your life you quickly find out who is really & truly happy for you !

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

TGIF  ladies, TGIF indeed ;-)

Well we know that this has been a trying week for FI & I yet, by the Grace & Mercy of God we are pulling through.  I wanted to thank you for allowing me to vent (some via email, phone;-) & by way of this forum).  It wasn't until this week that I understood why people would say "that planning a wedding brings out the worst in people" however; unfortunately I do now.  sad.gif  I think, well I know the part that bothered me the most are the sacrifices that I have made along with my giving nature, and the fact that I totally felt that I was being taking advantage of.  But just as my mom said "Sometimes you  have to take a step back, so that others will take a step forward.  Because all too often, people will continue to allow you to do, in order for them to hold onto their own."  Because of the way that I am built, I don't take kindly to people of this nature (and I let it be known) but that's me. So step back I did (although I'm struggling with that as I'm a doer by nature). 

So, with a non-DIYing house as everything and I do mean EVERYTHING is packed up along with no "visual" perception that I am wedding planning things are gradually being done.  I can go on and on about why men wait to do stuff etc.. but I dont' think this forum has enough room LOL  My future step-daughter even sent me a text asking what my son wants for Christmas confused.gif (baffling).  With that alone I had to remind myself that FI & I are the ones to be married and although this is very urgent to us, to others it is not nor will it be no matter how angry you get. 

So, this morning (the last day of my bulk printing for work reasons), I came in at 7  to print off our guestbook notecards (these are 8 different 4x6 cards with 4 different butterfly pictures & 4 different Beachy/Cancun pictures, that the guest will leave their wedding wishes. I will have them laminated after all is said and done to preserve them.-see below) and the 2nd page of our wedding program which list the bridal party etc..however my step-daughter's name or my cousin's name are included nor will there be a reprint. 

Have a great weekend ladies....oh and yes, when I get home these will be boxed up blush2.gif

~This has our wedding date interwined in the long portion of the letter "g" although hard to see on this picture.                     ~The pink is my personal fave

1.JPG6.JPG

~Beachy scene                                                                                                           ~The back of every card.

7.JPGback.JPG

YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! We women are way too hard on ourselves!!!

Originally Posted by ladydi1844 View Post

I had my first fitting today. I was so not in the mood because I have not only NOT lost a pound but gained 5 and can't seem to get motivated to start a routine between xmas shopping and wedding obsessing so I was less than thrilled to go and have been putting it off but when i put on my dress wrinkly as it was and as bad a hair day as I was having...i was sooo happy and in love with my adorae. I can't wait to wear this dress woot.gif

dress.jpg

You really learn a lot about yourself when others behave grossly. It's hard for someone like you to understand because you are there for others in a drop of a hat which is evident just from how you handle yourself on this forum so it's aggravating when you don't get one millionth of that respect back but you are a classy chick and doing your thing girl. You know we all have your back -that is what I love about this forum the most- the outpouring from people you barely know that still somehow care and understand all of your biggest concerns and fears. i really appreciate all the women here. woot.gif

Well we know that this has been a trying week for FI & I yet, by the Grace & Mercy of God we are pulling through.  I wanted to thank you for allowing me to vent (some via email, phone;-) & by way of this forum).  It wasn't until this week that I understood why people would say "that planning a wedding brings out the worst in people" however; unfortunately I do now.  sad.gif  I think, well I know the part that bothered me the most are the sacrifices that I have made along with my giving nature, and the fact that I totally felt that I was being taking advantage of.  But just as my mom said "Sometimes you  have to take a step back, so that others will take a step forward.  Because all too often, people will continue to allow you to do, in order for them to hold onto their own."  Because of the way that I am built, I don't take kindly to people of this nature (and I let it be known) but that's me. So step back I did (although I'm struggling with that as I'm a doer by nature). 

So, with a non-DIYing house as everything and I do mean EVERYTHING is packed up along with no "visual" perception that I am wedding planning things are gradually being done.  I can go on and on about why men wait to do stuff etc.. but I dont' think this forum has enough room LOL  My future step-daughter even sent me a text asking what my son wants for Christmas confused.gif (baffling).  With that alone I had to remind myself that FI & I are the ones to be married and although this is very urgent to us, to others it is not nor will it be no matter how angry you get. 

So, this morning (the last day of my bulk printing for work reasons), I came in at 7  to print off our guestbook notecards (these are 8 different 4x6 cards with 4 different butterfly pictures & 4 different Beachy/Cancun pictures, that the guest will leave their wedding wishes. I will have them laminated after all is said and done to preserve them.-see below) and the 2nd page of our wedding program which list the bridal party etc..however my step-daughter's name or my cousin's name are included nor will there be a reprint. 

Have a great weekend ladies....oh and yes, when I get home these will be boxed up blush2.gif

~This has our wedding date interwined in the long portion of the letter "g" although hard to see on this picture.                     ~The pink is my personal fave

1.JPG6.JPG

~Beachy scene                                                                                                           ~The back of every card.

7.JPGback.JPG

Thanks so much ladies for the kind words I was so excited about my dress but kind of down because i went alone and I was soooo happy reading your posts. my daughter is my maid of honor and i didn't do a bridal party and she is busy with Law school finals and my sister is on her own planet and i didn't want to bother anyone since I feel bad i don't have a bridal party lol. My FI felt bad and cancelled his meeting to drive me there and wait outside and than take me to dinner so i could gain a few more pounds lmao and than shopping his most hated thing lol. He really does love me and it makes you appreciate what you have ;). And my mom made my final payment on my dress so i am loving her too lol. All good. Have a beautiful weekend ladies.

Jamie I have the same thing pretty much just our siblings and close family and sometimes I wonder if it's worth all the expense but than I realize it's my day and those I love most will be with me and that's what matters ;).

Where are they even fitting you?  LOL!  It looks great as is!!  You say you gained 5 pounds, but your arms and back look great, since we can see you in the mirror.  I can't see where you put them!  Gorgeous dress!!!  Too bad no one else was there to see it at the time --- but we're celebrating with you!

Originally Posted by ladydi1844 View Post

I had my first fitting today. I was so not in the mood because I have not only NOT lost a pound but gained 5 and can't seem to get motivated to start a routine between xmas shopping and wedding obsessing so I was less than thrilled to go and have been putting it off but when i put on my dress wrinkly as it was and as bad a hair day as I was having...i was sooo happy and in love with my adorae. I can't wait to wear this dress woot.gif

dress.jpg

Looking forward to hearing how others step forward while you take a step back.  :)  I believe in you.

The guestbook notecards look great!!!  Another fabulous checkmark... :)

1.JPG6.JPG

7.JPGback.JPG

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

smile03.gif  coco!!!!  I am glad you and FI are pushing through, but that's why you are marrying him!  You can make it through the good, the bad, the ugly!!!  I hope things get better soon!!!  Wedding planning definitely brings out the worst in people and I think we all understand that!!!  Vent anytime!!!!

ps....I love the notecards!!!  Once again you have managed to out do yourself!  :)  Hope you have a great weekend!!!! xoxo

The note cards look great Coco! You are so talented! You & other ladies on this site have helped bring out my creative side!  Seeing everyones things makes me anxious, as well as excited about my own projects( whenever I start) ! Lol.  Well I actually did today!  Anyway, things always work themselves out! Don't let small things get you out of who you are!  

1.JPG6.JPG

7.JPGback.JPG

I just want to say thank you, to all the brides out there that have welcomed me & made me feel a part of this wonderful group!  Even though I haven't been a part of this forum as most of you all, no one has treated me as a "newbie" event one has been super sweet & nice!, I look forward to reading the posts & seeing new projects each day.  I'm so glad that I found this site!  I now use this more than my FB! Lol.  Just wanted to say thanks ladies for all the help & opinions!! Have a great weekend!

aww thanks tammy. your getting clooooseeee. lol. I am starting to get so nervous and I still have 3 months! Starting my diet tomorrow lmao. okay okay monday. 

Originally Posted by ndvidul View Post

Where are they even fitting you?  LOL!  It looks great as is!!  You say you gained 5 pounds, but your arms and back look great, since we can see you in the mirror.  I can't see where you put them!  Gorgeous dress!!!  Too bad no one else was there to see it at the time --- but we're celebrating with you!

Looking forward to hearing how others step forward while you take a step back.  :)  I believe in you.

The guestbook notecards look great!!!  Another fabulous checkmark... :)

Hey Ladies,

First I SOOOOOOO want to thank each of your for your words off encouragement and for "having my back" It's amazing what we as women have come together to get done and we have never laid eyes on each other.  THANK YOU for making this forum, DIYing, etc.. so much fun.  You ladies don't know how much I look forward to sharing with the ladies of the MP2012 forum. Each of you ROCK!

Well, ladies I grabbed me a six pack of Stella (taking a quick weekend break- well okay maybe a day break from my Hennessy), and I'm going to respond to a few breeders and then chill out.  BTW I ordered a ton of doggie stuff from Amazon (I was comparing prices from ebay to amazon), and I also ordered my lil man the new DC 52 comic book set (yup he will get 52 comic books).  I wanted to have a lil more under well around our "non tree" I also set-up for my god children to come over Christmas night so they can all play with the puppy etc..  so I ordered their gifts as well.  And guess what for all the items that I purchased I paid $205.  Sweet... 

Have a great weekend ladies.