Moon Palace 2012 Brides

Thanks bondgirl0072010

Quote:

Originally Posted by bondgirl0072010 View Post

I haven't been on the forum much lately because of it being very busy but I just saw this now. I'm sending positive vibes and well wishes your way for  your family members :)

Hi Ladies,

I would like to share my WONDERFUL news with you.

I havenâ€t been on the forum for the last few months because of my Grandson who is a 1yr old. At one of his routine check up he was sleep and one of the doctorâ€s notice his breathing was irregular, so his pediatrician examine him asked his mother & my son tons of question. From that they had him schedule a sleep study for the next evening.  They had the study done, the next morning they were told that the baby needed emergency surgery to have his tonsils removed because they are too large and was affect his breathing while he slept. Ok so I get a frantic call from son saying I need to come to hospital now!!!!!  Get to the hospital and the other shoe drops; his white blood cell count is high very, so they explain before his surgery they want to do a CAT scan to make sure there is nothing else going on... The result showed a grapes size growth on his tonsil. My heart drop for my son and his girlfriend, so my grandson had biopsy done then the surgery was delayed until the result came back. So the next 24 hours were long but the hospital staff was great because Kaseem had visitor round the clock to that his parents wouldnâ€t get overwhelmed... So the results came back NO CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There was not at dry eye in the room!!!!!!!!!!  Kaseem had surgery which was a success!!!!

He went back today for his follow-up check and received clean bill of health!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM THE HAPPIEST GRANDMA ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU LADIES FOR LETTING ME SHARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

No worries, just keep reading this and you'll get all sorts of creative viiiibes.  Not to toot our own horn or anything, but this forum ROCKS!!humble.gif

Looks like you have a great start, when are you getting married?

Originally Posted by Palacebridex2 View Post

Hello ladies, I hope all is well with everyone & their families!!  Everyone's wedding projects are absolutely beautiful, creative & wonderful.  Looking at everything that you ladies have done, I'm starting to feel a llittle overwhelmed! smile35.gifI have not ordered my dress, finished invites, picked bridesmaid dresses, ANYTHING!  The holidays are approaching & I have a lot to do for my kids & family!!  I also haven't started my weight loss program, so I'm freaking out!  Whew, I needed to vent, thanks for reading my post!  I will be ok, but I'm realizing that there is just as much planning for a destination wedding as one at home!!

Welcome welcome welcome!! You totally do not have to use the collections- in fact, you'll find that most of us are not using it, only getting a la carte things we really want added to the original "complementary" wedding. 

Originally Posted by LiaLoooves View Post

Hi ladies,
I'm in the process of planning our wedding at the moon palace...I'm a bit unsure about the collections from Colin Cowie...does anyone know if we have to use those collections? Any thoughts on the collections?

Coco, that daughter of your FI is a PAIN!!  Try not to let her annoying self get in between you are your FI.  Remember why you're marrying HIM.  From what I remember of the lovely things you and your FI wrote about each other on your website, you two love each other through think and thin.  Better or worse right?

LOOOVVEE the cake server!!  What a great idea!

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Happy Hump Day Ladies,

Well today unlike many others I did not wake up early to print.  I just didnt' have it in me espeically since FI and I had a big disagreement over the Christmas gift that he is getting for his daughter that I don't think is necessary or warranted, especially since she still don't have nor nowhere in the process of getting her passport.  So to me the cost of the gift simply screams "okay no matter the fact that you are giving me your bootyshake.gif to kiss, & that you don't care to be apart of the biggest day of our life, I will get you a gift that you truly don't deserve." I am so annoyed to say the least.  So, I'm done wedding planning for a minute and yes, I went home and packed everything up and put it in the back room so the dining room which was my work station looks very bare (so much so that my son when he came home from school said "mom where's the wedding stuff.")  Anyway, I won't have much to post over the next few weeks as I don't plan on doing anything. On a brighter note

This morning when I opened my email, the lovely Chelsea from Red-i said that she finished my wedding day necklace and earrings and that she will send me a picture later today.  Also, I received a sneak peak from an Etsy vendor of our cake server and forks... She's going to engrave them & have these babies in the mail. DSC_3107_blue_and_pink_cake_knife[1].JPG

anyway,so excited for next weekend as my son and I will be off to find our new addition to our family.  I can't wait to have a dog.. Talk to you later.

Wow, those are AmAzInG!!  The silver looks great on your skin!  Such a cute pic, you'll have to redo this pic on your WEDDING DAY!!

Originally Posted by YWS2012 View Post

Hi Ladies,

Here is a picture of foot jewelry that was created by the Wonderful & Talented Chelsea Red..

Thanks again Chelsea!!!!

148.JPG

All I can say is God is good!! I am soo happy for you and your family!! May your grandson continue to be healthy!!!!!

Hi Ladies,

I havenâ€t been on the forum for the last few months because of my Grandson who is a 1yr old. At one of his routine check up he was sleep and one of the doctorâ€s notice his breathing was irregular, so his pediatrician examine him asked his mother & my son tons of question. From that they had him schedule a sleep study for the next evening.  They had the study done, the next morning they were told that the baby needed emergency surgery to have his tonsils removed because they are too large and was affect his breathing while he slept. Ok so I get a frantic call from son saying I need to come to hospital now!!!!!  Get to the hospital and the other shoe drops; his white blood cell count is high very, so they explain before his surgery they want to do a CAT scan to make sure there is nothing else going on... The result showed a grapes size growth on his tonsil. My heart drop for my son and his girlfriend, so my grandson had biopsy done then the surgery was delayed until the result came back. So the next 24 hours were long but the hospital staff was great because Kaseem had visitor round the clock to that his parents wouldnâ€t get overwhelmed... So the results came back NO CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There was not at dry eye in the room!!!!!!!!!!  Kaseem had surgery which was a success!!!!

He went back today for his follow-up check and received clean bill of health!!!!!!!!!!!

This is absolutely incredible news and I'm so happy for you and your family!! Congratulations, very happy for all of you!

Hi Ladies,

What amazing news!!!  Celebrating with you and your family!!  xoxo

Hi Ladies,

Ladies, I'd like your input...

So, we are just going to have a cocktail hour after the wedding and then have a reception dinner at one of the restaurants.  For the cocktail hour, I'm planning to do the toasts and the first dance.  When do you think I should do these? 

I was thinking to let people grab food and drinks and then 20 minutes in, do the toasts.  Then, 45 minutes in, do the first dance.

We'll do the cake cutting after dinner at the restaurant.

Thoughts?  Comments?  Ideas?  Thanks!!

This is a good idea which I was also considering.  (minus toasts).  Do you plan on using the same CD player from the ceremony for your first dance music?

Originally Posted by ndvidul View Post

So, we are just going to have a cocktail hour after the wedding and then have a reception dinner at one of the restaurants.  For the cocktail hour, I'm planning to do the toasts and the first dance.  When do you think I should do these? 

I was thinking to let people grab food and drinks and then 20 minutes in, do the toasts.  Then, 45 minutes in, do the first dance.

Hi Ladies,

I feel so out of the loop!!!  I have been sick for the past couple days and I didn't even have the energy to check this site! (GASP!!!)  I hope everyone is doing well and is having a good week.  As for me, we now have 19 people plus FI and booked and are at 52 nights!  There are a few more people that have said they are coming and want to spend the week there, which would put us at 73 nights!  If that miraculously happens FI and I will purchase the rest of the nights, as it's worth is money wise!  So, here's hoping!  But regardless, FI and I are thrilled that our immediate families and the groomsman have booked.

Also, I think we finally have our locations.  We got Tucan Gazebo for the ceremony, Tucan garden for cocktail hour and tucan terrace for wedding reception.  I really wanted Venando Terrace for the reception, but of course it's taken.  But it's all good, everything will just be really close for our guests!!!

So below I am going to respond to you guys!!!  HUGS!

Thinking about you, but I have more to say below!!!  :)

Hi Ladies,

Just stopping in the say hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone has been so busy with their projects, which are all AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT JOB LADIES !!!!!

I hope to be back soon. Our family is going through a lot right now we have several family members dealing with some serious medical issues. With lots of pray our family should ok.

Miss you guys!!!!!!

Don't stress, everything will come together and will be great.  Things always tend to work themselves out!  One day at a time girl!!!

Originally Posted by Palacebridex2 View Post

Hello ladies, I hope all is well with everyone & their families!!  Everyone's wedding projects are absolutely beautiful, creative & wonderful.  Looking at everything that you ladies have done, I'm starting to feel a llittle overwhelmed! smile35.gifI have not ordered my dress, finished invites, picked bridesmaid dresses, ANYTHING!  The holidays are approaching & I have a lot to do for my kids & family!!  I also haven't started my weight loss program, so I'm freaking out!  Whew, I needed to vent, thanks for reading my post!  I will be ok, but I'm realizing that there is just as much planning for a destination wedding as one at home!!

I am sorry to hear this Coco, I know we all look forward to seeing what you have created.  However, I am also sorry to hear that there is friction between FI, you and his daughter.  I can imagine how you feel.  I don't have any children, but I do happen to have a younger sister who is 11 years younger than me and gets EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING she wants.  It drives me crazy.  My dad hasn't given us money for our wedding but he just her a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee.  I saw red for a couple days because he said he would give us money and still hasn't!  It's so frustrating to sit there while certain people never learn life lessons!  I really hope you guys can work it out, so there isn't any ill will towards one another and the daughter!!!  I am very sorrry! 

On a lighter note, though, YAY about the dog!  You must post pix when you pick him/her out!!!!  If you ever need to vent some more you know we are here and you have my personal e-mail too!  Don't be afraid to use it, if you need to!!!!

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Happy Hump Day Ladies,

Well today unlike many others I did not wake up early to print.  I just didnt' have it in me espeically since FI and I had a big disagreement over the Christmas gift that he is getting for his daughter that I don't think is necessary or warranted, especially since she still don't have nor nowhere in the process of getting her passport.  So to me the cost of the gift simply screams "okay no matter the fact that you are giving me your bootyshake.gif to kiss, & that you don't care to be apart of the biggest day of our life, I will get you a gift that you truly don't deserve." I am so annoyed to say the least.  So, I'm done wedding planning for a minute and yes, I went home and packed everything up and put it in the back room so the dining room which was my work station looks very bare (so much so that my son when he came home from school said "mom where's the wedding stuff.")  Anyway, I won't have much to post over the next few weeks as I don't plan on doing anything. On a brighter note

This morning when I opened my email, the lovely Chelsea from Red-i said that she finished my wedding day necklace and earrings and that she will send me a picture later today.  Also, I received a sneak peak from an Etsy vendor of our cake server and forks... She's going to engrave them & have these babies in the mail. DSC_3107_blue_and_pink_cake_knife[1].JPG

anyway,so excited for next weekend as my son and I will be off to find our new addition to our family.  I can't wait to have a dog.. Talk to you later.

Those look so great! LOVE THEM!!! I haven't decided about foot jewelry, but if I do, I am sold on  Chelsea!

Hi Ladies,

Here is a picture of foot jewelry that was created by the Wonderful & Talented Chelsea Red..

Thanks again Chelsea!!!!

148.JPG

YAY YAY YAY!!!  Ok, here is where I will selaborate on my above comment!  I am so happy to hear that the little man is going to be ok and is cancer free!  That must be the biggest relief and I am so happy that things turned out for the better!

Hi Ladies,

Are you starting the cocktail hour later?  I ask, because of pictures.  Will you and FI take pictures after the ceremony during cocktail hour?  I assume you thought of this.  But, I think I would want to do the 1st dance first, so when you walk in everyone is all there and paying attention.  Then I think you should do speeches a few minutes afterward.

What I would do, and this is just my opinion and it's all personal preference. I would

1.  Come into cocktail hour and have our first dance right after we enter

2.  I would wait on toasts and do them at dinner. 

But I like to wait to for things like that, because for me, it keeps the momentum and fun coming.

Originally Posted by ndvidul View Post