Moon Palace 2012 Brides

Welcome back krsmith!  I love that you shared what you have been up to!!!  YAY for new ta tas!!!!  That must be very exciting!!!!

Originally Posted by krsmith View Post

Hi Ladies!

I'm Baaaaaaack! After weeks of being absent from pretty much all activity I am back and hopefully in action. I'm starting to feel the pressure as our 90 days is coming up FAST and I have been out of commission for far far too long. I logged on to BDW and saw I had an incredible 250+ posts to read! DANG ladies! You guys have been busy busy bees! I really enjoyed reading all your updates and posts. I would love to comment on all of them but I'm sure it wouldn't be nice to take up SEVERAL pages with my comments!!! Keep up the amazing work ladies! I hope to get more stuff done and posted soon! msnwink.gif

So I suppose a little updating is needed:

My baby girl Bianca seems to be doing better...tests are still somewhat inconclusive (we are supposed to give a urine sample every week or so), but she seems to be back to normal in other areas. She is eating and drinking normally, no accidents, seems happy, wants to play...etc. The only thing we know is that her red blood cell count was slightly elevated which could mean EARLY stages of kidney failure. I pray so hard every day that is not the case. msncry.gif

Almost 2 weeks ago I had a little elective surgery done! Unfortunately it was terrible timing financially, but with the wedding coming up it seemed like there was no better time to do it. Lets just say I was "blessed" with ample breast tissue at a young age. The not so great part was that I did not develop normally. Ever since I was a teenager I wanted to do a breast lift since I knew compared to most other girls I looked like I had the chest of a 50 year old! I also gained weight (about 35 lbs to be exact) once I left my hometown. I have been working my butt off for the last year and a half and have been able to lose what I had gained (although I was already a tad on the chubby side before the gain and even with 35 lbs down I have probably another 15 lbs to lose). With the weight loss my sagging and unevenness had become even more exaggerated. Soooooo I decided to fly ALL the way to Salt Lake to a fabulous Dr. York Yates and get a breast lift! For the first time in my life I am feeling secure and confident in myself and almost feel like doing a bit of thislookatme.gif !! TeeHee!! Ok maybe not, but I know I will feel much better in a bathing suit and in my dress having NORMAL looking Ta Tas!! The unfortunate part is I have to go back early December for round 2 as I had some majorly messed up boobies and it needed to be done in 2 seperate procedures. YUCK! After that though I will be lookin DANG good! 

Anyways---needless to say I have been pretty much stuck in bed all doped up on pain meds and not functioning much at all. But I am back to work tomorrow (praying I can do it as I am an Esthetician and use my upper body a lot), and I hope to be back to wedding planning asap!

Again, all you amazing ladies have been such an inspiration, and I'm glad to have you at my side through all the Ups and Downs of wedding planning. I love you guys!!!!! smile03.gif

Quote:

I know how you feel! We are about 3 months out as well and it is like PULLING teeth to get people to just freakin RSVP!!! We only have 12 people booked and don't even know really how many others will book. The thing that get me worked up into a worried mess is that we have until NOV 11TH for people to have at least 50% of their rooms paid....so 4 DAYS!!! UGHHHHHH!! And those who have booked most are only coming for 3 days...REALLY 3 days?!?! Wow ok well I guess thats their business...but as it stands right now we only have 33 nights booked!! Geesh!

OK enough venting-----so I am in the same position as you in a way. Part of me wants to just do the semi private reception to save MUCHO $$ but at the same time I want it to feel like a REAL reception with dancing, cake, toasts-the WORKS!  At this point we have the Tucan Terrace booked as its fairly small and still close to the water. Do you have the list of reception sites? I know they list how many people each one accommodates. You could maybe pick one that fits a smaller amount?

Quote:

Haha! This made me laugh because the SAME thing happened to me! I got mine in a couple months ago and was crazy excited...my FI just stared at me and was like "why would you need this for the wedding? Did you actually PAY for that? Well I'm happy you love it and glad you got it." Ahhh, its the small things that seem to make me happy. :)

Quote:

I am SO sorry to hear this. I can only imagine. I had my purse broken into at work (by people who did not work there) and felt totally violated as well. I couldn't believe that these people had their hands ALL over my stuff and took everything in it! I can't believe there are people out there that do that. We have also had MASS car break ins at my apartment complex lately and I worry about that as well. I pray in the end you can recover some of the precious heirlooms and other property. WHAT JERKS! KARMA is a B!%, so take comfort that they will get theirs someday! 

Quote:

These look FABULOUS!!! Congrats on doing such an amazing job! I especially love the shimmer card stock. I know people will be super excited when they get these! :)

welcome.gif Meesh990.  This site is amazing and filled with amazing women (some men) and ideas!  You will find tons of what you need. 

Originally Posted by Meesh990 View Post

Hello fellow MP brides.  I stumbled upon this website a few days ago.  It is amazing.  It has taken me DAYS to read through all of your posts. It has answered many of my questions, and I have learned so much.  I am excited to finally share with all of you.  I will post pictures of my invitations and dress soon.  I do not know how to read attachments yet, but I saw several items in your posts that I would like to view.  If someone could email me the following items at meesh990@hotmail.com I would greatly appreciate it.

-map of MP

-pictures of MP reception locations

-dinner and cocktail hour menu choices

-Thank you for booking newsletter

Wow, you guys are fast.  Someone has already emailed me all of the information I requested!  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.  I am getting married on June 23, 2012.  Any other june brides?

Coco-

You do some amazing DIY projects.  You have inspired me to start some myself.

Is anyone else getting married at the chapel?  What locations are you choosing for your cocktail and reception?  Do they need to be near the chapel or do they provide transportation?

Hi ladies!

So my invitations are now at the post office!  Most of our guests should get them tomorrow since most are in CO.  So excited!!!!   woot2.gifNow let's just hope we can get some more people to book!

I also got my trash the dress in.  It's all right.  It's a knock off.  But my problem with it is, there is sequins all over the bust....I need to try it on to decide how I feel about it.  But I am hoping that is I hate the way it looks that a seamstress can take it all off!  I know it's a cheap dress, but the sequins makes it look even cheaper.  We shall see.  I will try it on later and have FI take a pic and you guys can decide if it's ok????  However, I am excited it came in so quickly!  WOOT!  Another thing off my list!

I still haven't heard from the MP directly, despite my attempt to send a lengthy e-mail with 20 + questions.  So, I will try try again.  I am only really worried about my ceremony location.  We probably aren't having a ton of people at our wedding/reception, so I think we will be ok waiting to decide on that.....

Not sure what these few weeks have brought, some good and some bad.  My grandfather (who is 92) fell and broke his femur on Saturday.  YIKES!!!!  He had surgery on it last night and is doing ok.  Thank god!  He is a tough man and isn't your typical 92 yr old.  He was fly fishing all summer, plays golf, still drives, most importantly his mind is still so sharp!  I just hope he still can get around and heal properly!  May be going out to Palm Springs soon to visit....My grandmother must be a mess!

There's my update.  Hope everyone's planning is going smoothly and hope that everyone is having a good time!!!  HUGS!!!!

MEESH- I am getting married on June 25th. We were going to do the chapel but after finding out that it is not a legal ceremony, we are just going with the civil ceremony alone. The chapel is beautiful and I am so disappointed they do not consider it legal....in the catholic capital of the world! My friend was married at the Aventura Spa Palace 5 years ago and it was beautiful! I loved how they signed the documents, their witnesses signed and they even had their prints done in front of us. I'm hoping things haven't changed too much since then!

My TA has been in touch with MP for me, its been wonderful, but I would really like to have my wedding coordinators email just for later. After reading through this forum I'm pretty sure us June brides wont have any answers till about April!

I am meeting with a Palace resort Rep and my travel agent Dec 12...I'm not sure what i need to ask.

I have no idea which section I want to stay in and or where to have my ceremony or receptions. The reviews on here have been great and I think I may just print out pictures and show the rep to identify the places???

Id love a copy of any menus and questions you received!!

I should get my non DIY invitations in the mail this week and I will be sending them out by the end of the month. We are having an AHR so i have no idea how many people will come. We are hoping for 40!!

In the meantime, we have signed a P&S on a house that needs alot of work....nothing like having everything happen all at once!!

Love love this site :)

welcome4.gif

Meesh990 ..The Ladies here are the greatest (especially MP Brides LOL)

Originally Posted by Meesh990 View Post

Hello fellow MP brides.  I stumbled upon this website a few days ago.  It is amazing.  It has taken me DAYS to read through all of your posts. It has answered many of my questions, and I have learned so much.  I am excited to finally share with all of you.  I will post pictures of my invitations and dress soon.  I do not know how to read attachments yet, but I saw several items in your posts that I would like to view.  If someone could email me the following items at meesh990@hotmail.com I would greatly appreciate it.

-map of MP

-pictures of MP reception locations

-dinner and cocktail hour menu choices

-Thank you for booking newsletter