Moon Palace 2012 Brides

Is this the catamaran the MP recommends or did you find this place on your own?

Originally Posted by ndvidul View Post

I recieved the info on the Catamaran sail today (that's included in the Sunset package) if you wanted to do it a la carte.  For those of you interested, I've attached it below! :)

Sailing away sunset Isla M(albatros).doc

I love this dresss!! It was my # 2! You will look amazing in it! Congrats on finding the ONE!

Originally Posted by JLCarrera View Post

thumb-1.jpgthumb.jpgimage.jpg     Ok Ladies, this is my first attempt at posting a picture, so please bear with me......this is THE dress I will be getting married in. It's Casablanca 1975, which I ordered last month. The FI really wanted me to wear something that showed curves. I'm pretty nervous, cause usually I'm trying to hide or minimize them, especially my booty. No hiding optional in this baby. I originally was thinking of something "flowy and chiffony" but as he and I looked at websites together, the FI always commented that he hoped I wouldn't try to hide under ruffles or a big gown. My MOH started to cry when I tried this one on and convinced me that as my 39th birthday quickly approaches, I need to finally learn to embrace my curves. I will post a picture of me in the actual dress in February when I get the alterations done. Hope you girls approve.

I <3 your colors! Im glad you did what you wanted for your wedding! I ordered my BM dresses from Ideeli also, such good deals!!

Originally Posted by krsmith View Post

While I was back home my mom and I decided to try and tackle some wedding stuff. The main stuff we wanted to focus on were the OOT bags and the decor. It was SO tough and we didn't even come close to finishing, but we got a good start! The first day we drove to all the different stores (Target, Walmart, Costco, Dollar Plus) to price some of the various items. We also spent hours upon hours at Michaels and Joann Fabric trying to get some good ideas for decor/oot etc. 

For the OOT bags we ended up just buying a few things that were good deals for now, and working on getting the other stuff later once we got a better idea how many were coming.

DSC00687.JPG

Travel Lint Roller- $1 per 2 pack @ Dollar Plus

Wrist Coils- $1 per 2 pack @ Dollar Plus (not in any particular colors I liked, but it was a good deal so I just said "screw it"!)

Motrin- approx $12 per 50 count packet box @ Staples

Lens Cleansing Wipes- approx $6 per box of 30 @ Walmart

Not pictured here:

Glow Stick Jewelry- $1 @ Michaels

Hand Sanitizer- $1 @ Target (I found a better deal elsewhere, but they were cute and had a few scents)

While I was home I also made the decision to change up my color scheme slightly. I had ordered convertible dresses for my 3 sisters in pink a while back. I liked the idea because my 2 younger sisters are incredibly tiny and couldn't fit into even size 0 at most places we went to and I didn't want to pay a ton to have alterations done, AND the fact they could all wear it how they wanted to. I HATED the color of pink it was when they arrived, and because the return policy sucked I wasn't able to return them, so I was just going to suck it up and use them anyways. Turns out it is the hardest color to match or even compliment! My mom suggested I look at getting them a neutral color like silver/gray instead. The next day I found a silver Suzi Chin dress at a great price! 

SUZ-ob3m-004-1_550x550.jpg

$49 on ideeli.com

After I ordered these I was free to change my colors! I decided I wanted to go for a more "antique/vintage" look, so I changed my shades slightly:

DSC00636.JPG

Paper from Joann Fabric

We worked on things like table numbers, the OOT bag, OOT bag labels, and tea light holders. The frames are just some my mom had that I used as a reference and to see what it would look like. After lots of shopping, we decided that we didn't want to spend the extra money on canvas totes and instead use gift bags. To add a little something extra we used a stencil and some silver metallic paint on them. (The pic is just a trial...we haven't decided on a design yet!) Labels were kind of put on the back burner since our computers weren't working well with the template download. We got several tea light holders and decided to just experiment with some paint, crystals, pearls, and lace. I wanted a "frosted" look to hide potential LED candles if it was too windy for real candles. 

IMG_0789.JPG

(The pink ribbon will either be replaced with nicer satin ribbon or none at all)

IMG_0809.JPG

I had ordered the Wonder Vases to play with and see how they looked for centerpieces. NOPE!! They looked pretty tacky and I didn't trust they would stay up. I think we decided on using Blume Boxes to put our bouquets in and use as centerpieces. I like this idea for the Blume Box decor-

Silver-and-purple-palette.jpg

OK ladies! I think this was about it! Not done with anything yet, but I am at least headed in some direction!

Thanks for all your inspiration and support!

Love to all! :)

First, your attempt at posting worked out great woot.gifSecond your dress is AMAZING cheers.gif  I'm with your FI, embrace your curves...you know how much people pay for curves (TeeHee).  And you have them naturally.  Embarce away and this is the perfect dress for that.  You go JL

thumb-1.jpgthumb.jpgimage.jpg     Ok Ladies, this is my first attempt at posting a picture, so please bear with me......this is THE dress I will be getting married in. It's Casablanca 1975, which I ordered last month. The FI really wanted me to wear something that showed curves. I'm pretty nervous, cause usually I'm trying to hide or minimize them, especially my booty. No hiding optional in this baby. I originally was thinking of something "flowy and chiffony" but as he and I looked at websites together, the FI always commented that he hoped I wouldn't try to hide under ruffles or a big gown. My MOH started to cry when I tried this one on and convinced me that as my 39th birthday quickly approaches, I need to finally learn to embrace my curves. I will post a picture of me in the actual dress in February when I get the alterations done. Hope you girls approve.

Haha Chelsea, How cool is that? 

You know TX is our final destination but probably won't happen until my lil man is done with 8th grade (in 3 yrs). I plan to do some research when he hits 6th grade to determine if TX has science high schools like Philly does (definite future engineer on my hands).  If they do, then our transition will happen as he enters High School.. If not TX will have to wait until he's done. Either way we will be headed that way.  What year did hubby go to Pitt?  I was entered in  92', took then tranferred in 95' to Robert Morris. Then started grad school at CMU..small word huh. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by bondgirl0072010 View Post

Now it's getting scary Coco...

First of all, GREAT idea!!  Second of all, we're a Pitt household all the way since my husband went to Pitt and I "technically" did through Semester at Sea when Pitt had the program! Tooooo funny. On top of it, we're now living in Dallas so...when are you moving here? :) XOXO 

Coconoir-

I don't know if you were meaning your pay it forward message to anyone in particular but if you were I hope by no means it was to me!

This website has been nothing short of amazing and I am so lucky to have found it.  Everyone has been nothing but helpful and full of great ideas! Esp you ladies on the Moon Palace thread.  I have been grateful for everyone that has shared photos, Ideas and templates.  I do not have a date set yet, and therefore have not been able to "pay it forward" yet seeing as I have done nothing but get ideas for things.  I CANNOT wait until my date is set so I can start working on my Save the dates and other projects and be able to pay it forward to all the brides that come after me! I consider this the biggest research paper I've ever done and I am so thankful for all the great resources (all you wonderful brides to be!)! :) Keep up the amazing work ladies!!! ! :)

wow ...I hope it all works out..I'm in the process of pair people up with others who don't have roommate so everyone can attend.

that's a bummer someone booked throught the web....check with your MA sales coordinatior to see if they can count the rooms of those who booked otherways ..that if you don't get enough ..

good luck

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Hola Fellow Brides,

Well 1 of my bridesmaids have to decrease the number of days that she will attend by 1 day & hopefully we can find a roommate for her. (I'm really thankful that with all that just happened that she will still attend).   Another bridesmaid decided to book elsewhere because it was cheaper ;-()  I have 2 other possible guest that RSVP and send their card back but didn't book yet... I'm mean really just hold on to the darn thing until you are decided.  UGHhhhhh  So since our invites went out we only added 1 new book.  Of course we never knows whose actually going to go until its deadline time.

we were really pushing for unlimited events but at least we will get something!  Depending on what the final count is, we very well may change the "welcome dinner" to a welcome get together so that we don't have to eat the cost. 

Enough of me gripping how's everyone's planning coming along

Welcome back krsmith...

your foot jewerlry looks amazing...

Right before I left for MT I got a VERY special package from Red-i by Chelsea! YAY!! I She did such an amazing job not only on all the accessories, but she even made the labels and BOX that it all came in look incredible! I know my sisters are going to LOVE their barefoot jewelry. I'm so excited to give it to them too....I don't know if I can wait until we are there!! 

I wanted to go for a beachy inspired look to the jewelry instead of matching them to our colors. I just really liked the look of the more organic stones/gems. Mine have a bit more "bling" to them, but they all tie in quite nicely! It was actually HER wedding foot jewelry that made me want to get some, so I went for that look and boy did she DELIVER!! 

Thank you Chelsea for putting up with my craziness and making something so beautiful! You are amazing and talented, and you know I will be coming to you for all my future custom made jewelry!! :)

DSC00660.JPG

DSC00664.JPG

DSC00665.JPG

316241_10150289773386236_209103866235_7646532_7261969_n.jpg

320675_10150289773351236_209103866235_7646531_5482200_n.jpg

It's all good, seriously!  What would we do if we couldn't let off a little steam now and again!  I really hope you hit your room nights!!!!  I am crossing my fingers for you!!!!

Hola Fellow Brides,

Well 1 of my bridesmaids have to decrease the number of days that she will attend by 1 day & hopefully we can find a roommate for her. (I'm really thankful that with all that just happened that she will still attend).   Another bridesmaid decided to book elsewhere because it was cheaper ;-()  I have 2 other possible guest that RSVP and send their card back but didn't book yet... I'm mean really just hold on to the darn thing until you are decided.  UGHhhhhh  So since our invites went out we only added 1 new book.  Of course we never knows whose actually going to go until its deadline time.

we were really pushing for unlimited events but at least we will get something!  Depending on what the final count is, we very well may change the "welcome dinner" to a welcome get together so that we don't have to eat the cost. 

Enough of me gripping how's everyone's planning coming along

would it be feasible and cheaper to possibly purchase those room nights?

off by 3 room nights sad.gif.  FI and I thought about decreasing our stay at LeBlanc and increasing MP but we both don't want to do that.  We know that we have some definite will books and we were hoping to get a few more just in case some folks backed out at the end.  Blah

AAWWWW!!!  These look amazing!!!  So exciting

Right before I left for MT I got a VERY special package from Red-i by Chelsea! YAY!! I She did such an amazing job not only on all the accessories, but she even made the labels and BOX that it all came in look incredible! I know my sisters are going to LOVE their barefoot jewelry. I'm so excited to give it to them too....I don't know if I can wait until we are there!! 

I wanted to go for a beachy inspired look to the jewelry instead of matching them to our colors. I just really liked the look of the more organic stones/gems. Mine have a bit more "bling" to them, but they all tie in quite nicely! It was actually HER wedding foot jewelry that made me want to get some, so I went for that look and boy did she DELIVER!! 

Thank you Chelsea for putting up with my craziness and making something so beautiful! You are amazing and talented, and you know I will be coming to you for all my future custom made jewelry!! :)

DSC00660.JPG

DSC00664.JPG

DSC00665.JPG

316241_10150289773386236_209103866235_7646532_7261969_n.jpg

320675_10150289773351236_209103866235_7646531_5482200_n.jpg

COCO!  I can totally understand why you feel this way.  You have definitely provided so much to so many of us (especially me).  I hope you know how much I have appreciated your help as well as everyone elses!  immensely, actually!  I promise promise promise, that whenever I actually get my stuff put together I will absolutely share.  The only thing I have done are my STD's.  Which I did post :)  HA!!!  I am just trying to get our ducks in a row and decide what and how to do the next project.  But you are right, this site is too invaluable for people not to continue to share their ideas!

Fellow MP Brides, I totally have to get on my Soap Box as there is something that has been bothering me for a spell.

We are all so very blessed to have come across such an amazing site to help us plan our DW.  For many of us (myself definitely included) this site has and is what we needed to give us that creative edge, push, & confidence knowing that we will have an amazing wedding because other brides thought enough of future brides to share their experiences, albeit good, bad or indifferent.  

So we all must do our part to keep this forum going and to help other brides as we have been helped. The phrase "Pay it Forward" is far from finding something, re-creating it and not sharing.  It is far from taking & not giving.  Paying it Forward is being confident enough in knowing that you didn't create something but put a spin on it to make it your own.  Or maybe you made something and have shared it via pictures or a template.   Paying it forward simply means giving back.  What have you given lately?  Rhetorical question of course.  But if you don't pay it forward then don't take. 

Thanks for listening soapbox over ;-)

EEEEK!!  everything looks sooooo great!!!!!  So fun!!!!

While I was back home my mom and I decided to try and tackle some wedding stuff. The main stuff we wanted to focus on were the OOT bags and the decor. It was SO tough and we didn't even come close to finishing, but we got a good start! The first day we drove to all the different stores (Target, Walmart, Costco, Dollar Plus) to price some of the various items. We also spent hours upon hours at Michaels and Joann Fabric trying to get some good ideas for decor/oot etc. 

For the OOT bags we ended up just buying a few things that were good deals for now, and working on getting the other stuff later once we got a better idea how many were coming.

DSC00687.JPG

Travel Lint Roller- $1 per 2 pack @ Dollar Plus

Wrist Coils- $1 per 2 pack @ Dollar Plus (not in any particular colors I liked, but it was a good deal so I just said "screw it"!)

Motrin- approx $12 per 50 count packet box @ Staples

Lens Cleansing Wipes- approx $6 per box of 30 @ Walmart

Not pictured here:

Glow Stick Jewelry- $1 @ Michaels

Hand Sanitizer- $1 @ Target (I found a better deal elsewhere, but they were cute and had a few scents)

While I was home I also made the decision to change up my color scheme slightly. I had ordered convertible dresses for my 3 sisters in pink a while back. I liked the idea because my 2 younger sisters are incredibly tiny and couldn't fit into even size 0 at most places we went to and I didn't want to pay a ton to have alterations done, AND the fact they could all wear it how they wanted to. I HATED the color of pink it was when they arrived, and because the return policy sucked I wasn't able to return them, so I was just going to suck it up and use them anyways. Turns out it is the hardest color to match or even compliment! My mom suggested I look at getting them a neutral color like silver/gray instead. The next day I found a silver Suzi Chin dress at a great price! 

SUZ-ob3m-004-1_550x550.jpg

$49 on ideeli.com

After I ordered these I was free to change my colors! I decided I wanted to go for a more "antique/vintage" look, so I changed my shades slightly:

DSC00636.JPG

Paper from Joann Fabric

We worked on things like table numbers, the OOT bag, OOT bag labels, and tea light holders. The frames are just some my mom had that I used as a reference and to see what it would look like. After lots of shopping, we decided that we didn't want to spend the extra money on canvas totes and instead use gift bags. To add a little something extra we used a stencil and some silver metallic paint on them. (The pic is just a trial...we haven't decided on a design yet!) Labels were kind of put on the back burner since our computers weren't working well with the template download. We got several tea light holders and decided to just experiment with some paint, crystals, pearls, and lace. I wanted a "frosted" look to hide potential LED candles if it was too windy for real candles. 

IMG_0789.JPG

(The pink ribbon will either be replaced with nicer satin ribbon or none at all)

IMG_0809.JPG

I had ordered the Wonder Vases to play with and see how they looked for centerpieces. NOPE!! They looked pretty tacky and I didn't trust they would stay up. I think we decided on using Blume Boxes to put our bouquets in and use as centerpieces. I like this idea for the Blume Box decor-

Silver-and-purple-palette.jpg

OK ladies! I think this was about it! Not done with anything yet, but I am at least headed in some direction!

Thanks for all your inspiration and support!

Love to all! :)

I love love love this dress!  I bet you look amazing in it!!!!

I am sending out lots of positive thoughts into the universe for you!  Your dog is a little cutie!!!  Lots of hugs coming your way!!!

Thank you. We both need LOTS of prayers! I'd be an absolute wreck without her! She is without a doubt the dog of my life...Thank you for your love and prayers! :)

krsmith

I'm praying everything works out for your Baby Bianca..

Hi!!!!!!!

Thanks lady!

Things have been good for the most part! Crazy, but pretty good. Every time I get back from a few days off I just get SLAMMED at work. Then it was more work from my house (I'm an Esthetician, and I do Lash Extensions on the side), a birthday party for a couple co-workers, AND unfortunately my baby girl Bianca (Shih Tzu mix) had to be taken to the vet early yesterday morning for testing. She may be in the early stages of kidney failure...OR diabetes. I'm completely crushed by it. She is the LOVE of my life and my baby. We have an incredibly close bond since I had her at 4 weeks old so I'm definitely her mommy. 

Other than that everything else is good! Wedding planning is going well and I got quite a bit done while I was in MT. I'm at least feeling a little more relieved now that I have gotten a good start on some of those projects! 

How are things your way?!?