Moon Palace 2012 Brides

I've noticed that prices dropped some to $498 on some airlines. FI only does straight flights so unfortunately we probably won't save much in this area of expense but I'm still looking. I'm also looking at flights in NJ, MD & NY & weighing the cost difference (if there's anyone) to the time it would take us to get there.

Is anyone else seeing airfare prices drop some this month? I check the prices about every other week and this week I have seen it cheaper than usual (we are flying from atl in april). Wondering if maybe I should go ahead and buy..

Beatya- Do I remember you saying you contacted the airline directly to get a group discount?

Thanks!

Hola Chicas ;-)

Well the weekend is winding.  So as I prepare the household for the week, & totally taking advantage of a quite house as they men folk are at the movies, I decided to log on and share a template that I e-mailed to another BDW brides.  The template is for "Tears of Joy" packets.

Simply print this on white or colored vellum

Cut in half (each page can make 2 packets)

Grab some tissue (8 packs for $1 at your dollartree)

Grab your Martha Stewart all purpose adhesive stick

And go to town. 

FYI after completing the project I did the following:

-Cut the sides down so the packets would be nice and petite

-printed our name and wedding date on clear labels and added them to the back

Happy DIYing and have a great week

tears_of_joy_packets[1].pdf

I actually emailed the MP and asked if you are doing a symbolic ceremony if the 3 day rule applied or if that can be waived.  I was given the okay to waive the 3 days since I am already taking 2 weeks off as well, and I am getting married on a Tuesday.  I would confirm with your resort contact and then have your TA contact them as well

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

uugghh!!!  That's way worse than what I am going through, I am just annoyed with my TA!  HA!!!  I totally understand, though because we had to have our wedding at that time of year (before it got too hot) because we have tons of teachers in our families as well!!!  I hope you get it figured out soon!!!  and of course the week you want to switch it to is more expensive!!!!  Good Luck girl!!!

WOO HOOO!!!cheer2.gif  Looking good!!!!  :)  How was FI's b-day celebration?

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Hola Chicas ;-)

Well the weekend is winding.  So as I prepare the household for the week, & totally taking advantage of a quite house as they men folk are at the movies, I decided to log on and share a template that I e-mailed to another BDW brides.  The template is for "Tears of Joy" packets.

Simply print this on white or colored vellum

Cut in half (each page can make 2 packets)

Grab some tissue (8 packs for $1 at your dollartree)

Grab your Martha Stewart all purpose adhesive stick

And go to town. 

FYI after completing the project I did the following:

-Cut the sides down so the packets would be nice and petite

-printed our name and wedding date on clear labels and added them to the back

Happy DIYing and have a great week

tears_of_joy_packets[1].pdf

These are awesome!! Did you print them off at home on regular paper or have it printed?  What type of paper is this on?  Did you turn it into a booklet? (Where did you staple it together?!) Are you sending these out with the invites?

Originally Posted by summer12 View Post

These are pictures of our STD/ newsletter we sent out to all of our guest explaining the basics/ what to expect/ prices.  I sent them out the end of August- thought I'd share!

Hey coconoir! I'm sure you've already done this but just in case you haven't, I typically set TripAdvisor Flight alerts. Obviously being in PHL, U.S. Airways will probably have the lowest flight for you (or JetBlue?) but TripAdvisor will aggregate all airlines for you just in case and then you can set multiple airports for pricing too :)

Good luck my dear!

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

I've noticed that prices dropped some to $498 on some airlines. FI only does straight flights so unfortunately we probably won't save much in this area of expense but I'm still looking. I'm also looking at flights in NJ, MD & NY & weighing the cost difference (if there's anyone) to the time it would take us to get there.

Hey Chelsea,

I have tripadvisor,kayak, airfarewatchdog and a few others ;-)  We have 4 to get so I'm trying to watch every penny while praying something magically and drastically drops;-)

Originally Posted by bondgirl0072010 View Post

Hey coconoir! I'm sure you've already done this but just in case you haven't, I typically set TripAdvisor Flight alerts. Obviously being in PHL, U.S. Airways will probably have the lowest flight for you (or JetBlue?) but TripAdvisor will aggregate all airlines for you just in case and then you can set multiple airports for pricing too :)

Good luck my dear! 

Hola Fellow Brides,

Well 1 of my bridesmaids have to decrease the number of days that she will attend by 1 day & hopefully we can find a roommate for her. (I'm really thankful that with all that just happened that she will still attend).   Another bridesmaid decided to book elsewhere because it was cheaper ;-()  I have 2 other possible guest that RSVP and send their card back but didn't book yet... I'm mean really just hold on to the darn thing until you are decided.  UGHhhhhh  So since our invites went out we only added 1 new book.  Of course we never knows whose actually going to go until its deadline time.

we were really pushing for unlimited events but at least we will get something!  Depending on what the final count is, we very well may change the "welcome dinner" to a welcome get together so that we don't have to eat the cost. 

Enough of me gripping how's everyone's planning coming along

Originally Posted by merrylee View Post

I actually emailed the MP and asked if you are doing a symbolic ceremony if the 3 day rule applied or if that can be waived.  I was given the okay to waive the 3 days since I am already taking 2 weeks off as well, and I am getting married on a Tuesday.  I would confirm with your resort contact and then have your TA contact them as well 

I too had the same concern a few pages back. Both my TA and Iliana, the Cancun wedding concierge, confirmed that it would be okay to waive the 3 day rule for me as well because I am doing the symbolic ceremony. I think the 3 day rule mostly applies because of the blood work and the legal papers that are involved with the civil ceremony. I did, however, ensure that I received a written e-mail so that I'm not told otherwise once I get to Cancun.  I can't imagine anything worse than being told that our ceremony wont be performed because we got into town too late.