Moon Palace 2012 Brides

Actually it's just ladies... TED = my initials :) haha Boy I wish my fiance would get on here and make some of these hard decisions for me! Good luck with the 5th grade homework... not only is it impossible to remember how to do any of that, you have to fight the urge to say "You'll never use this in real life!" haha

Have a great Sunday, ladies!

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Well ladies & gent (go Ted), it feels like I have posted all weekend long, well that's because I have.  With a "lazy" weekend I was able to forge through the most difficult project which was to 1) decide on a brochure or boarding passes for our pre-travel packet and 2) come up with wording that I felt was able to be understood by all.  Because of number 2, I dreaded this project but was able to find some previous information on this site that helped to ease the burden somewhat. 

FI always tell me that I use big words, well I write formally 5 days if not 6 days a week so its tough to break a work-habit when I'm writing for a document that will be published.  So, I knew going into this project would mean editing, revising, revising and editing.  But low and behold I think I got it!  But before I get all happy I will trap FI down so that he can read over all 6 pages.  Phew 1-pray.gif

So with that put aside for now (it will be easy to make small adjustments that FI will surely pick out), I can move on to other things...  which is to redo our welcome book.....  which basically will be a bigger size 5x7 versus the current 4x5.  Well I'm signing off for the weekend.... the little one will be home tomorrow from grandma's house and we have 2 projects and a test to study for.... Boy oy Boy... after having a Master's who thought that I would have to be in 5th grade again.. thatswck.gif This is it... starting 6 grade I will hire a "me" someone that will be just as anal as I am when it comes to my son's homework and reviewing test with him.  Either that or I will have to go to AA because I don't remember 5th grade being this hard in my time and boy I can go through a bottle of wine helping him with his. LOL

goodnight.gif

My apologies so much DIY has me a little stupid.gif LOL  Well, let hope that my mistake drives your FI, mine and others to get more involved but then again I think the 5th grade homework maybe easier Haha... 

Originally Posted by TED731 View Post

Actually it's just ladies... TED = my initials :) haha Boy I wish my fiance would get on here and make some of these hard decisions for me! Good luck with the 5th grade homework... not only is it impossible to remember how to do any of that, you have to fight the urge to say "You'll never use this in real life!" haha

Have a great Sunday, ladies!

Hi everybody!! I am brand new to this website.. I was searching online today and found this forum and have been reading all the posts for probably 2 whole hours!! IT IS ADDICTING!!! This is exactly what every bride needs ecspecially the ones that are doing destination weddings and just want to talk to people who have experienced the same problems I have been. Are there any brides that are going to be getting married at Moon Palace in March 2012?  

Good Evening MP Brides,

Today was semi productive day for me..I went to our FAV store Micheal's and pick up few thing, Took my little girl to target to get her CD ...she was very surprised,,,but my day was cut short by a major migraine so I came home to sleep it off ..so know I up to get started on the last of my project ..while I sit and watch how not to act from Bridezille...LOL

Congratulations, Summer12!!!  What did you wear? :)  I'm going to change my name after we have our symbolic ceremony in Cancun, too!

Originally Posted by summer12 View Post

Okay so I have a confession to make. My fi and I got married a couple weeks ago even though we aren't doing the de until June. Once my FI found out we were going to get married here first he wanted to right away- I convinced him to wait a few months lol. I felt very strange waiting at the JP and it was very quick and non formal. Even though he wanted to do it, my FI did not want to make it a big deal and was surprised when I wanted him to wear dress pants ( and he likes to dress up!). I am not going to change my name until we get back and our anniversary is still going to be in June. It's kind of a fun secret though :)

Alaharri - Do you mind sharing who it was that told you?  I've had two people tell me no (because I wanted to double-check).  I still don't want to give up on it!  Will save a lot of money!!

Originally Posted by alaharri View Post

What?!  They told me I could use the resort credits towards hair and makeup!

Celebrating your progress and purchases!!  Will you post your Pre-Travel Boarding passes?  I'm thinking of doing something like that and sending out Luggage Tags with them to get people excited.  With the fabulous things you've posted thus far, I'm excited to see what these look like!!  :)

Evening Ladies,

This has been a great low key weekend where I was actually able to be lazy for a spell (YES) this is so overdue.  But on that note, I also concentrated the "non-lazy spells" (I'm so not good at actually being lazy unless I'm sick) on our Pre-Travel Boarding passes so I am excited to say that I have 2 more pages to go.  YAY!  For my weekend purchases (I love the computer) that I can check off the list are the following: 

• Garter
  • Veil
  • Cake Server which also include 2 forks
  • 3 DVD's (All about planes) & blue ray player for my soon to be 11yr old son (future engineer possibly in the AirForce) birthday coming up on 10/17
  • Playstation 3 for FI's birthday coming up on 10/22

Fun Fact:

Since my son and FI's bday is only a few days apart and both in Oct.  Our wedding date was chosen in April so that I could have two things.  My bday is 4/5 and our wedding date is 4/21 TeeHee that way he can't forget LOL

Happy Planning

Ted-

Del Sol is pretty pricey, but have you checked out their sister company La Luna? (Check out their blog too) They have the same amazing artistic style and vision as Del Sol, but at a more affordable rate!! I can honestly say that working with the Del Sol/La Luna team has been an absolute PLEASURE! They are all so sweet and really seem to care about you as a person...not just another booking. Unlike our little friends at MP, they are SO fast at responding! Sometimes less than a day!! 

Both companies have a good relationship with MP, so when I asked if we could purchase 2 day passes and instead was told that I only had to pay the "outside vendor fee" at $388. I was a little disappointed about the higher rate, but all in all it was done without pushing, begging, and arguing over whether or not they could come on site. 

The MP photogs are Smile Market I believe. This is their Facebook page also. They are so-so...they have some good pictures and they have some that I just cringe when I see them, but they are your typical resort photographers. Nothing to get excited over, but they get the job done! 

Hope this helps! Good luck! :)

Originally Posted by TED731 View Post

WOW! Well thank you posting this price list. The only way I could pull off hiring these guys would be to charge admission to enter my family room and look at the pictures. :) Michelle responded to my inquiry about what photographers they use on the resort and... didn't really answer my question. I'll try again. :)

Thanks YWS and coconoir!

I totally agree!!! If you are feeling SUPER EXTRA generous even a template!!!! ;) I know I for one would be very grateful since I have been just racking my brains and just completely lost on that end...Oh how I wish I was crafty like you and so many other brides on here!!! Hahaha!

Originally Posted by ndvidul View Post

Celebrating your progress and purchases!!  Will you post your Pre-Travel Boarding passes?  I'm thinking of doing something like that and sending out Luggage Tags with them to get people excited.  With the fabulous things you've posted thus far, I'm excited to see what these look like!!  :)

Well ladies & gent (go Ted), it feels like I have posted all weekend long, well that's because I have.  With a "lazy" weekend I was able to forge through the most difficult project which was to 1) decide on a brochure or boarding passes for our pre-travel packet and 2) come up with wording that I felt was able to be understood by all.  Because of number 2, I dreaded this project but was able to find some previous information on this site that helped to ease the burden somewhat. 

FI always tell me that I use big words, well I write formally 5 days if not 6 days a week so its tough to break a work-habit when I'm writing for a document that will be published.  So, I knew going into this project would mean editing, revising, revising and editing.  But low and behold I think I got it!  But before I get all happy I will trap FI down so that he can read over all 6 pages.  Phew 1-pray.gif

So with that put aside for now (it will be easy to make small adjustments that FI will surely pick out), I can move on to other things...  which is to redo our welcome book.....  which basically will be a bigger size 5x7 versus the current 4x5.  Well I'm signing off for the weekend.... the little one will be home tomorrow from grandma's house and we have 2 projects and a test to study for.... Boy oy Boy... after having a Master's who thought that I would have to be in 5th grade again.. thatswck.gif This is it... starting 6 grade I will hire a "me" someone that will be just as anal as I am when it comes to my son's homework and reviewing test with him.  Either that or I will have to go to AA because I don't remember 5th grade being this hard in my time and boy I can go through a bottle of wine helping him with his. LOL

goodnight.gif

WOW ladies!!!

I think its maybe been a week or so since I have been on here and BAM there are like 50+ new posts to read! You guys have been busy busy bees! Ok, so I have finally gotten my act together and taken pictures of our invites! I should be sending them out tomorrow. There are a few people I hand delivered these to, and my Uncle Mark for instance said "I think this is the coolest wedding invitation I have EVER seen"! YAY!!! Score!!! Now lets hope that it will inspire my guests to get there butts in gear and BOOK a dang room already! 141 days to go and hardly ANYONE has even put their initial deposit down....I'm flyin blind here! 

Well I will be leaving this Sat for MT to see my parents and hopefully get some wedding stuff done. I think we are going to try and match up some chair sash samples to fabric for the table runners I want to make, maybe experiment with Wonder Vases for centerpieces, OOT bag items (no sales tax in MT!!), and maybe do some paper crafts like labels or guest book table sign.

Here are some pics I took of my Passport Invites + Boarding Pass RSVP postcard, and Envelope (sorry about the bad quality/color...my camera is misbehaving)!

DSC00543.JPG

DSC00554.JPG DSC00550.JPG DSC00551.JPG DSC00552.JPG DSC00553.JPG DSC00547.JPG