Moon Palace 2012 Brides

We decided before we even got engaged that we would get married here in Denver first to make it easier and a little cheaper.  We aren't telling anyone, except my sister found out, but that's it!!  :)  I believe there are a few ladies on here that changed their ceremony to symbolic when they originally had civil.  I don't believe it's too hard to do.

Originally Posted by TED731 View Post

So my civil ceremony contract is due today if I want to keep the date I have... however naturally a monkeywrench has been thrown into the planning. My TA strongly advises getting married here beforehand to save $$, time and any unnecessary stress about legality, translation, etc. I'm okay with the idea, I need to run it by my Fiance... I guess we'd just keep it a secret? Unfortunately the two girls I know who have been married in Cancun that I know personally were married here before they left.

Is anyone planning to do the civil ceremony? Or was anyone planning to do that and switched to symbolic?

Yes, my coordinators said that I couldn't use resort credit for the wedding salon services... have any other brides that have asked heard differently about this?

YWS2012 -- love the shimmery designed envelopes your using!  YAY for being able to send yours out!!!  :)

Jamie -- really excited to hear what you find out.  I've also contacted Adrian (found his info) and been talking back and forth with Melissa's manager, Edgar.  The prices are pretty high for our budget, but I know what you mean about it being a really special day and just wanting to do it.  Are you doing a TTD?   BEST WISHES for your dress shopping!!!  I just went with my MOH and we made a fun day out of it --- sushi & martinis, then went out to have fun.  And lo and behold, I found mine at the first place we went (after trying on like 8)! 

TED - Yes, I switched from civil to symbolic.  We decided to get married in the US first before going so my Granny could be included.  Since we switched, I've also found out it's saving us hundreds to do it this way, too!  Plus, our friend will be marrying us at MP so we can do our own script and blessings. :)

Thank you for all of your replies! I am leaning toward just getting married here beforehand... I assume that it won't take away from the significance of the actual wedding day? And then do you just celebrate your anniversary on the date your symbolic ceremony took place?

Hi TED731,

We are doing a civil ceremony at home for two reason;

1. My Fi's Grandma will not fly so were going to do a small ceremony here and few other select people it is secret

2. A couple who got married in Oct of 2010 at MP, when they came back had alot of trouble with their marriage license

so with that being said we are doing a civil at home, symbolic ceremony at MP ..no one will no the difference

So my civil ceremony contract is due today if I want to keep the date I have... however naturally a monkeywrench has been thrown into the planning. My TA strongly advises getting married here beforehand to save $$, time and any unnecessary stress about legality, translation, etc. I'm okay with the idea, I need to run it by my Fiance... I guess we'd just keep it a secret? Unfortunately the two girls I know who have been married in Cancun that I know personally were married here before they left.

Is anyone planning to do the civil ceremony? Or was anyone planning to do that and switched to symbolic?

Hi Ted731,

FI and I are actually getting married either before or after (we haven't decided yet) we go to Cancun. The only person that knows this is one of my Bridesmaids and her husband who will be our witness.  FI (who forgets everything) said "well what day will we honor as our anniversary" and we said that we will honor the day of our ceremony to make it simple.  With MP (as confirmed with my coordinator) you can either get married before or after. 

YWS2012 (its so hard to not to call you by your real name).

FI and I are dong the same.  Mainly because, in the State of PA they do not allow you to file your marriage/have your marriage on file when it is done in another country.  Like really though...  So that was our deciding factor!

Originally Posted by YWS2012 View Post

Hi TED731,

We are doing a civil ceremony at home for two reason;

1. My Fi's Grandma will not fly so were going to do a small ceremony here and few other select people it is secret

2. A couple who got married in Oct of 2010 at MP, when they came back had alot of trouble with their marriage license

so with that being said we are doing a civil at home, symbolic ceremony at MP ..no one will no the difference

Things are pretty much the same minus the fingerprints.  You will receive a certificate

Thank you for all of your replies! I am leaning toward just getting married here beforehand... I assume that it won't take away from the significance of the actual wedding day? And then do you just celebrate your anniversary on the date your symbolic ceremony took place?

My husband and I had our legal ceremony about 2 weeks before our "symbolic wedding" and trust me, from the tears, the dress, having friends and family all collected in such a special place, NOTHING takes away from that big day :) We celebrate our wedding date as our destination wedding 6.19.10 :)

Right ..LOL

yes that what happen with couple that got married last Oct at MP

See great mind think alike ...hehehe

are you wearing your wedding dress for that ceremony ?

I am not sure...I want him to be surprise both time..lol

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

YWS2012 (its so hard to not to call you by your real name).

FI and I are dong the same.  Mainly because, in the State of PA they do not allow you to file your marriage/have your marriage on file when it is done in another country.  Like really though...  So that was our deciding factor!