Moon Palace 2012 Brides

Congrats and welcome!

Originally Posted by Mellisay123 View Post

Hello Moon Palace Ladies :-)

Hopefully going to be a moon palace bride Nov 2012 Wooooooooo.

Pretty much decided on Cancun since getting engaged in Lapland but picking a hotel has proved very confusing far too much choice finally decided that I love the wedding packages at the palace suits me best!

My Fiance and I are just waiting for the holidays to be released in the UK to be able to book! So annoying when you just want it booked.

Then the next step is which package...comp and add on or diamond! Hmmm

Mellisa :-)

Mrsbruff2b, I hope you have better luck with Janina then my TA and I have had.  Read over every bit of the contract, we caught her on MULTIPLE mistakes including the wrong wedding date! 

If you need her direct line or e-mail I have that too!

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b View Post

My amazing TA just hooked me up with Janina Mendoza.  I'm hoping things go well and will be writing a lengthy review when this is all over as well.  *fingers crossed!*

Coconoir1908 thank you for this post!  My TA and I have been pulling out our hair over the information I have found on this site compared to what Janina tells us.  This should help us get our locations secured! 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

The "pre-wedding dept" is new.  I have Janina as well and basically before she forwarded my email to Lizzie stated that it was to help brides with more questions than what the Miami office can give to us.  But it seems that you don't get forwarded to that dept until you start asking resort specific questions. Arrgghh...

In either case, Lizzie is quick but give her a few days. She will answer your questions in detail.  I think that she is a much needed person in the midst of planning and many things that us 2012 brides deemed negative with changes from2011 to us, she is a positive. 

Keep pressing.  We have our locations so I can relax!  There are way tooooo many brides booked on our date for me to have waited. 

Your welcome!  That's what we are all here for to "Pay it Forward" and in our case get through it together.

Originally Posted by Bojanglesgirl View Post

Coconoir1908 thank you for this post!  My TA and I have been pulling out our hair over the information I have found on this site compared to what Janina tells us.  This should help us get our locations secured! 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I will have to comb through my emails.  However; I didnt' secure my locations with her.  Before there was a Lizzie,  I had my locations secure/booked (there are 8 weddings on our day so there was no way in hell that I was going to wait on locations.  If there were only 3-4 weddings I wouldn't have even concerned myself with this detail.)  It wasn't until I asked Janina tons of MP questions (table size, etc via email) things that she didn't know, that she put me in contact with Lizzie.

My main goal with Lizzie was to confirm my locations (since I had dealt with someone else prior) and to forward her my emails that I have, to make sure nothing was changed. She confirmed everything IN WRITING via email and that was it. 

I'm not the type to stress and given the tons of reviews coupled with how MP takes care of the majority of things when you get there.  I'm not going to bombard them, yet I'm going to spend time creating the look/feel and things that IFI and I want. That way when we are on-site all things will be in order and I can relay our ideals about our day to them. 

Now if I have a questions about something that is needed to help make a decision about the decor that I am brining or something major then I will call.  The one thing that I have learned from this thread and about Moon is that "what was so for 2011 brides may not be so for 2012" And that what was accepted and told to one bride may not the same as the next.  Although an internal failure on MP part which causes us much stress, they will deliver a beautiful "almost flawless" wedding (which we have read over and over again).  So knowing this I can relax.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatyea View Post

Ok she did answer me right away, but said she could only hold the locations not book them- is this what you were told?

Now I'm wondering if I should just ask her to put me through to Lizzie.  Did she give you Lizzie's contact before or after signing the contract?

FH and I still can't decide on civil/symbolic.  We will be arriving 3 business days prior but our TA checked all flights and the earliest to land is 11:40...  That's cutting it really close.  I would be so devastated if we got to the hotel an hour late and told we couldn't marry on the day we wanted...

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

I will have to comb through my emails.  However; I didnt' secure my locations with her.  Before there was a Lizzie,  I had my locations secure/booked (there are 8 weddings on our day so there was no way in hell that I was going to wait on locations.  If there were only 3-4 weddings I wouldn't have even concerned myself with this detail.)  It wasn't until I asked Janina tons of MP questions (table size, etc via email) things that she didn't know, that she put me in contact with Lizzie.

My main goal with Lizzie was to confirm my locations (since I had dealt with someone else prior) and to forward her my emails that I have, to make sure nothing was changed. She confirmed everything IN WRITING via email and that was it. 

I'm not the type to stress and given the tons of reviews coupled with how MP takes care of the majority of things when you get there.  I'm not going to bombard them, yet I'm going to spend time creating the look/feel and things that IFI and I want. That way when we are on-site all things will be in order and I can relay our ideals about our day to them. 

Now if I have a questions about something that is needed to help make a decision about the decor that I am brining or something major then I will call.  The one thing that I have learned from this thread and about Moon is that "what was so for 2011 brides may not be so for 2012" And that what was accepted and told to one bride may not the same as the next.  Although an internal failure on MP part which causes us much stress, they will deliver a beautiful "almost flawless" wedding (which we have read over and over again).  So knowing this I can relax.

Quote:

Coconoir - thank you for letting me borrow ideas from your site.  I will definitely pay it forward.  I already have our Welcome Page and half of our Wedding Party page done!  thewave.gif

On another note - I officially booked Octavio Montes for our photographer yesterday and sent him our deposit!  Going out to buy the rest of the supplies for our MIB invites today so that some family and I can start putting them together tomorrow night.  So excited!  Finally, it seems like things are starting to come together. :) 

Anything that I did was after the contract was signed. They pretty much hold on to their information like an socket for an eyeball ;-) 

Now I'm wondering if I should just ask her to put me through to Lizzie.  Did she give you Lizzie's contact before or after signing the contract?

FH and I still can't decide on civil/symbolic.  We will be arriving 3 business days prior but our TA checked all flights and the earliest to land is 11:40...  That's cutting it really close.  I would be so devastated if we got to the hotel an hour late and told we couldn't marry on the day we wanted...

I forgot to mention that we are arriving 4 days earlier to account for any delays etc.  although it may cost a little more its better to be safe than sorry.  Besides it will add a day to your booked room nights