Moon Palace 2012 Brides

We are getting complaints daily from 'potential' guests who are telling us they won't be attending because of the status of things in mexico.  Some people just don't understand that the violent border towns are 2000 miles away from Cancun. 

Originally Posted by beatyea View Post

Hey- I also have Michelle as a WC and asked her about getting the $1500 resort credit in the contract and she told me not to worry, that it will be honored!!!  So I have it saved in my email in case they try not to honor our guests room's having the credit.

That's great to hear! I may call her again tomorrow morning. Did you book directly through MP Reservations or through a TA? I'm just wondering why I was given a different response. I booked the wedding directly with MP but have yet to book our rooms and flights.

Originally Posted by krsmith View Post

Welp...I had my first "don't think we will be coming" due to "concerns about safety". I guess I had to expect it to happen at some point! I just had to do my best to be supportive and try not to sound pushy in any way. I wanted to be ready for this, so I put together an email to send to the people who might say that with websites and articles about how the risks are SO LOW in Cancun! I hope this will help convince people that its ok to go to Mexico! I actually am thinking about putting up a page on our website dedicated to reassuring people they have nothing to be scared of! 

Here is just ONE good site I found!

http://www.cancunissafe.com/tag/is-mexico-safe-to-travel/

Glad to know that I'm not the only one that got the "Aren't you scared to get married there?" response. I thank you for this valuable link.

Originally Posted by mpweddingplan View Post

One last note, for anyone still concerned about outside vendors.  I requested that the line in my contract about 'no outside vendors permitted' be changed or eliminated to allow outside vendors.  My Miami contact shot me down, HOWEVER....she replied, "we can not add into the contract that you could use outside vendors, becuase the only oustide vendor you could use would be a photographer, AND YOU WOULD HAVE TO PURCAHSE A DAY PASS FOR THEM." 

That is a direct quote from my Miami contact. 

You were so so smart to think ahead. Wish I would have thought about it!

From speaking directly with my TA, she has informed me that she has already locked in the $1500 resort credit promo for some 2012 bookings.  I got them same response from MP directly, that they haven't released the promos for 2012 yet...but at this point, I wouldn't worry about it.  The TA said she could lock it into the contract.  The only stipulation is that MP could change the promo for another promo that is equal or better if they choose.  At this point, I am operating under the premise that if my TA locks in the $1500 resort credit promo into the group booking contract, we are entitled to it...one way or another. 

As for photographers go....if you are using Del Sol or LaLuna, contact Matt Adcock directly.  My understanding is that he has a great working relationship with MP, and he can set it up so that you only need to pay for a day pass.  For anyone using other photographers, and worried about having to purchase a room...I would just tell MP that you don't need thier photographer, and one of your guests is going to shoot the wedding.  Then just pay for day passes for them.  That is all that needs to be done.  You start to open yourself up to them trying to bump extra fees on, when you tell them you are bringing in outside photographers.  There is nothing to say that a photographer from the Cancun area is not actually your guest for the wedding.  Maybe you know them personally.  Maybe they were going to attend either way.  They have decided they will shoot the wedding.  All that is needed is a day pass. 

Finally, I AM NOT OK with waiting until 90 days out to start booking my preferred locations.  Some final details (food menus, flower choices, etc) can easily be done in the last 90 days.  But there is no way Im going to sit and WAIT for the next year, just to find out that my preferred locations are unavailable, because someone else booked them already.  I know where I want my locations to be.  Im booking private events.  I would like to lock in those locations now.  Its quite frustrating that I have not been able to press my Miami contact to get in me touch with an on-site planner...even to book private events.  I will be travelling to MP in May 2011 to do a site visit, and have already have an appt. with an on-site WC.  I am hoping to lock in locations for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at THAT TIME.  Has anyone gone for a site visit, and were able to meet with a WC and lock in locations?

Thanks for the info. Maybe it's just my TA that is being difficult! I found her through Destination Weddings thinking that it would be easier for my guests but now I'm having serious doubts. I suppose I could just eat the $50.00 I paid and contact the TA my family usually uses. I'm still confused though as to why Michelle, the Miami WC, told me that promos wouldn't be available until May. If I could confirm that my guests and I would be entitled to at least the $1,500.00 resort credit I would have no second thoughts about booking immediately Thanks for letting me vent girls!

My Miami 'wedding sales executive' actually gave me the same response when I asked about locking in the $1500 promo for 2012.  She told me that the resorts promos for 2012 have not been set yet, and it may be better to wait and see what they are, before I set up a group booking.  However, my TA had a different answer.  She said she has already locked in some 2012 group bookings and that the 1500 resort credit promo will be honored.  It seems the Palace Resorts people are always giving people a hard time one way or another about something. 

I agree - it's like there is no standard. One person can do something and the next can't. It's confusing for us brides... they probably don't realize how much we all "talk" on here!

My Miami 'wedding sales executive' actually gave me the same response when I asked about locking in the $1500 promo for 2012.  She told me that the resorts promos for 2012 have not been set yet, and it may be better to wait and see what they are, before I set up a group booking.  However, my TA had a different answer.  She said she has already locked in some 2012 group bookings and that the 1500 resort credit promo will be honored.  It seems the Palace Resorts people are always giving people a hard time one way or another about something. 

They look awesome SummerDawn! How did you make them yourself?  Did you use some sort of program?

Originally Posted by SummerDawn View Post

Alright... looks like they worked! Now this is just my first print of them so let me know if you ladies have any suggestions!!! I did them myself so I can still make any changes!!

Thanks :) Yea mostly photoshop elements actually! I found the palm tree background online and went from there. It actually didn't take me that long either. The hardest part was deciding on fonts!!

Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

They look awesome SummerDawn! How did you make them yourself?  Did you use some sort of program?

Palace Resorts doesn't release their promotions until the fall of the previous year. When we booked directly through our membership we were told that the promotion might change. It's not worth the stress to wait, so we reserved. Most of us brides will tell you that a lot of guests don't even book until closer to the wedding date. Yes, it is easier to have a TA but there's no way they can guarantee the promotion. Think about it.... if you get to Moon Palace and they tell you the promotion has changed, who is going to pay for the $1500? As long as you can get a general idea of the room rates that's all that should matter. Palace Resorts always has some sort of great promotion. When we booked, we were only getting $1500 now they have increased it to to $2000 based on the length of our stay.