Photo

Ipod Wedding

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31 ellenj01

ellenj01
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:30 PM

We haven't looked into the DJ, but I'm glad to know that the IPOD worked out for you!  

Originally Posted by CanadianLindsey 

We had an ipod wedding with great success! We rented the resort's stereo system ($250) mostly because it came with a microphone(which we used for speeches) and so we wouldn't have to worry about packing a docking station that may or may not have been loud enough.  For the difference in price compared to a DJ, I can't understand why you wouldn't use your ipod! Now whenever songs from our reception play on my ipod, it brings back the best memories! :)

#32 thatplainjane

thatplainjane
    • Banned
    • 18 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:55 AM

That's awesome that it worked out! But what if something happens with the Ipod? I was reading this post on the Marriage.com forums about it, and they just said to "Make sure you make duplicates of the same playlist on different backup ipods (friends, family) and have friends DJ throughout the night! Also, be sure to put the master playlist on a computer. Better yet, make a note of all the songs and send a copy to one of your attendants for him/her to keep– just in case! Last minute emergency solved."(http://www.marriage.com/dj-or-ipod) but none of my friends are tech people and I have no idea how much renting a stereo system would cost.

Ideas?

#33 FabiLara

FabiLara
      • 172 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:43 PM

I definitely want to do an iPod wedding, let's hope my wonderful FI doesn't oppose to it just because of other weddings he's been to. :)

#34 jennaba3

jennaba3
        • 210 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:22 AM

Great thread!! I cannot justify the cost of a dj along with the outside vendor fee they charge.. I am going to rent the amp and microphone from the hotel ($250).. So really $250 for our reception music, thats music we all like, I think is quite a good deal!

#35 sxcT

sxcT
          • 1,282 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:55 AM

We are having a friend bring his BOSE docking station and have started created the separate playlists.  I will definitely check out the app. We tested the BOSE out and it's definitely loud enough for 25 guests.  Now I just have to think about the whole microphone/announcements/speeches issue.  Hmmm

#36 FranticBride2be

FranticBride2be
            • 84 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

Hey,

I'm so glad I found this thread.  We bought a portable Bose sound dock, and I'm a bit worried it won't be loud enough, or 'surround sound enough' for the reception.  I believe we'll be either outside, or will have a private room somewhere in the resort.  We have 60 guests, but don't anticipate that many will get up to dance.  Has anybody used this with success?  I"m worried that it won't sound very loud, especially with background noise.

Thanks,

#37 rodrigjo

rodrigjo
              • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:35 PM

Hey Ladies, For the ones that had an IPOD Wedding... Can you detail how you announced the first dance and mom/dad dances? Just curious to know how the flow of things were...

Thanks!!

#38 sxcT

sxcT
                • 1,282 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:58 AM

We had someone in charge of the ipad and he announced us when the wedding coordinator told him to.  Then we just did all the special dances back to back and he announced what they were "Father and Bride" or "Mother and Groom". 

Originally Posted by rodrigjo 

Hey Ladies, For the ones that had an IPOD Wedding... Can you detail how you announced the first dance and mom/dad dances? Just curious to know how the flow of things were...

Thanks!!

#39 SS2012

SS2012
                  • 180 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:09 PM

this thread is great! thanks so much for the great ideas. we are definitely doing an IPod wedding, so its nice to hear other peoples experiences and see how things worked out for you. thanks! 

#40 belledame

belledame
                    • 195 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:00 PM

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users