• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:42 PM

Hello everyone... I'm planning a wedding in Puerto Vallarta or Nuevo Vallarta for either June or July 2008... and recomendations? I've searched through all the hotels online and I'm so confused... and it seem like most of you are planning weddings in Cabo or the Riviera Maya area... Any PV people around here? p.s I have a huge guest list.. approx 150 ppl.. if we had it here in LA we would have to plan for approx 300 ppl! any ideas for a tight budget?

#2 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:54 PM

Welcome! I don't have too many suggestions yet as I am just starting the planning myself. But this site will DEFINITELY be able to help you! Many are getting married in Cabo, but they are still very helpful! My fiance and I are still trying to decide between Puerto Vallarta and Cabo, but we're leaning towards PV. And once I find out more about Puerto Vallarta, I will definitely share.

#3 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:10 PM

jennetta, one of the mods did alot of research on PV...Dreams does a great wedding in nuevo p as does the palace resort there...i posted some resorts in the pv section...i've been there many times, let us know how we can help!

here are some resort suggestions:
      • Riu Vallarta
      • Presidente Intercontinental Puerto Vallarta Resort
      • Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
      • Vallarta Palace
      • The Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta
      • Club Hotel Riu Jalisco

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
      Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 A10CalGal

• VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:41 PM

Welcome Amy! The good news is you have lots of time to research & plan. Definitely check out Jenetta's research on PV, she is a thorough gal!

#5 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
        • 1,430 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:49 PM

welcome amy, i just started planning my wedding about a month ago and I could not of done it without this forum! you will love it on here! there are so many great ideas!

#6 JENGONDA9

• 163 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:09 PM

don't panic about your 150 - that is how many we invited. people talked big until it came time to buy the tix and now we only have 70ish coming!
            Jen & Aaron
            January 13, 2007

#7 Jackie

• 2,290 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 04:57 PM

Welcome Amy, Even though a lot of the info is for Cabo dont overlook it. A lot of the info, hints, advice ect can be carried over to any destination. Have fun.
              My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review

#8 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:06 PM

Welcome Amy!
                I think the all inclusive resort is the way to go for the bride on a budget. Most AI's have minimal charges for private events and it really helps the budget in terms of alcohol and food costs.
                Good luck and happy planning!

#9 Jennifer

• 218 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:37 PM

Welcome Amy!

#10 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 3,754 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:54 PM

I hope that happens! I mean thats one of the main reasons of doing a DV, we can't afford a wedding if we stay here in LA!

Thanks Everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users