Photo

2011 & 2012 PLAYACAR PALACE BRIDES!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
673 replies to this topic

#581 SabrinaR

SabrinaR
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

Hey!  My wedding is the day after yours (November 3, 2012) at Playacar Palace!  Can't believe it's only about 3 months away :)

#582 GenieBelle

GenieBelle
    • 17 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

Hey Sabrina-No way!! 93 days away (I have a counter on my desktop :P) Its the Week of day of the dead, should be an interesting time in Playa. Did you pick a Colin Cowie collection or doing the Palace setup? So torn.., I was told we can use the resort credit towards Pearl Shimmer, which I may do. Our wedding is at 2pm (beach), feel free to come see haha! :)

#583 soltamargo

soltamargo
      • Vendor
      • 216 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

Hello Ladies,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!!

After 6+ years together and a romantic proposal in Santorini...

Hope you enjoy them and please let me know if you have any questions :)

Best wishes!

#584 SabrinaR

SabrinaR
        • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

Currently, I have the Diamond Collection (from the original wedding collections).  They are really pushing for me to change to Pearl Shimmer, but I just don't think the extra $1200 is worth it.  I think I'm going to just stick with the Diamond.  I really like the Colin Cowie collections, but it's just SO EXPENSIVE!

#585 vazworld

vazworld
          • 19 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

Thank you very much for sharing the pictures! Very happy couple. Now I have a better understanding of the hotel surroundings and the setup.

#586 soltamargo

soltamargo
            • Vendor
            • 216 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by vazworld 

Thank you very much for sharing the pictures! Very happy couple. Now I have a better understanding of the hotel surroundings and the setup.

Hola vazworld,

Glad the pictures helped you!!

How are your plans going? 

We have more Playacar Palace Weddings coming up soon so stay in touch!!

Big hugs,

#587 pjmendoza

pjmendoza
              • 26 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

Just got back from our August 3rd wedding. It was amazing! I will be writing a full review on the resort and who I used for hair and makeup and photographer. Don't stress or worry if things don't go as planned it goes by so fast so enjoy every second of it! One word of advice splurge on photography because once its done that's all you have left. We used Juan Navarro and outside vendor and that was one of many best decisions we made.

#588 ginta14

ginta14
                • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

Hey Lauren!  Congrats! Your pictures are amazing. I would love to ask you about your beach reception.  What did they charge you to do all that?  the set up?  the lanterns? Ours wedding is 27 days away and were just going to use the solarium.  Thanks so much.  Gina  

#589 ginta14

ginta14
                  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:26 AM

Hey Ladies who have recently gotten married.... WHAT buffet did you choose for the reception and what were your thoughts on the food?  Struggling to pick a menu! thanks!

#590 jmaxick

jmaxick
                    • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

We were at Playacar Palace 8/1-8/8 for our wedding.  Everything worked out really well.  We were thrilled w the food (and the presentation of it).  We went with Yucatan Buffet for wedding reception and it was very good.  5P wedding on the beach was a bit hot......if you can work 6P, i would recommend that.  Best decision we made was to move reception inside.  We had 6 little kids so not having to watch kids outside was a real good decision.  Resort photographer was fine and prob much cheaper than outside guys.  Flowers at resort were silly expensive so we went into town and found a place (we asked a cab to take us to a florist).  They are doing some construction on some rooms right now and some of our guests got crappy rooms but they complained and it was quickly taken care of.  They gave us a free upgrade which was nice.  Free wifi everywhere was also awesome.  Excursions are way overpriced when ordering thru hotel.....even w hotel credits.....try and book on your own.

Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users