Photo

2011 & 2012 PLAYACAR PALACE BRIDES!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
673 replies to this topic

#41 RMBride2B

RMBride2B
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:43 AM

Congratulations!!! I just got our date confirmed in June 2012 too!  How exciting :) I can't wait!!  

#42 Tanya Marie

Tanya Marie
    • 334 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by perry1217 

Hey there!!  First, congrats on booking your date!!!  From the pictures I have seen (check out the 2009 & 2010 Playacar Palace Bride thread) the complimentary package is absolutely amazing all on its own.  After breaking down the costs, since I don't need a photographer package, fireworks, etc - I would have been paying 2k for decorations on the sapphire collection when the white is breathtaking all on its own when set against that backdrop.  I am bringing down aqua chair sashes with me - still deciding on anything else!  You definitely have some time to figure it out :)  And Tanya, where did you find the starfish decorations on your aisle chairs?  They are awesome!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by WINEKA1 

Just booked my June 2012 wedding at PP!! So exciting!!! I booked the complimentary wedding but i think at some point i might upgrade to the sapphire collection. I really like the decorations and though they are overpriced, i think it might be difficult to get everything to the resort in good shape and not a crumpled, broken, or wrinkled mess!! What is everyone else in this thread doing about decorations??

Hi Perry,

Thank you!  My mom and I made them.  I actually have them posted for sale here on the forum. Please send me a PM if you are interested in buying them.

Happily Married after an AMAZING wedding at the Playaca Palace in Playa del Carmen, MX!!!

#43 noelles

noelles
      • Site Supporter
      • 68 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

We have booked February 2, 2012 at PP, just getting all the details ironed out, I am from Canada and it seems to be a very different planning experience for group travel from this side.  I am wondering how the photographer is, and if we are allowed to hire a photog to take our photos

February 1, 2012, 4pm Aventura Cove Palace

21 booked and counting

#44 perry1217

perry1217
        • 355 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:34 PM

That's wonderful!!!!  Congratulations!  I am in the unique position that my photographer is my best friend, so she will be a guest in Mexico with me.  Since she will be a guest of the hotel, my WC said there is no problem.  you may want to check with yours to see what the rules are!

Originally Posted by noelles 

We have booked February 2, 2012 at PP, just getting all the details ironed out, I am from Canada and it seems to be a very different planning experience for group travel from this side.  I am wondering how the photographer is, and if we are allowed to hire a photog to take our photos

Playacar Palace Bride - January 6, 2012!!!!

#45 RMBride2B

RMBride2B
          • 126 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:38 PM

Does anyone know how much the resort DJ will cost?  And does any of the ladies who have already been married here have a sheet of the different lighting options and their prices? Any help is much appreciated!! :)

#46 noelles

noelles
            • Site Supporter
            • 68 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:02 PM

I didnt check on lighting, but I did call the hotel and ask about food, if you are having a private affair, they will make to suit your needs, I am having mine on the beach but want to bring my own draping for the huppah and they have no issue putting up the ones I bring.  They seem to be incredibly open to doing anything to help make the day perfect, there is of course a price for each thing...lol

21 booked and counting

#47 danitha

danitha
              • 19 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

Ladies congrats on your engagements and finding a place for your wedding. I am also having my day at PP on 11/11/11. If  there's anyone else out there with that date for PP, hit me up. I was told that they have a wedding every two hrs so this means three weddings in one day at the PP. I was curious if this bothers anyone? I am a little nervous that this may take away from the brides day knowing that two other weddings r happening. Any brides out there who married here, did u have issues with this? Once again, Congrats and happy planning!!

:)Danitha

#48 noelles

noelles
                • Site Supporter
                • 68 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:35 PM

This is a concern to me as well, there is a wedding scheduled at 3 and then mine is at 4, my concern was how do you clean up after one and get the other set up on time, I was assured that it is not only possible they do it all the time, but have to admit I would like to know if anyone has experience with it as well

21 booked and counting

#49 MRR16

MRR16
                  • 249 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:59 PM

Is anyone planning on doing a day trip to another resort? We are thinking of doing a day trip to Cozumel Palace with our guests, optional of course. any ideas would be great. Pool, didnig, snorkeling, shopping. And the ferry over would be nice.

#50 perry1217

perry1217
                    • 355 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by MRR16 

Is anyone planning on doing a day trip to another resort? We are thinking of doing a day trip to Cozumel Palace with our guests, optional of course. any ideas would be great. Pool, didnig, snorkeling, shopping. And the ferry over would be nice.

Hey there!  I am definitely planning on doing the same thing!  I have read amazing things about that resort, and Cozumel as a whole.  The only reason we were against getting married at Cozumel Palace was the lack of beach.  That was a non-negotiable for me and the FI, we both wanted to be barefoot on the beach!

Playacar Palace Bride - January 6, 2012!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users