Photo

2011 & 2012 PLAYACAR PALACE BRIDES!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
673 replies to this topic

#31 WINEKA1

WINEKA1
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:54 PM

I need a TA and i am interested in this Teresa if she does such a great job. Does anyone have her contact information or  website?

Originally Posted by MRR16 

That is great to hear. She has been fantastic. I need to contact her about my date and see if she can reserve it. I'm just not sure on how many rooms I need yet. I guess I will go higher than expecting then cancel what I don't need. Thanks for the good vibes.

#32 perry1217

perry1217
    • 355 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

Hey there! I got the same contract from Lauren. From her email as well as a call to the 877 line, I got this - the charge authorization would be filled out for a deposit of half your wedding package. In the case of a complimentary wedding, you would fill in 0 for the deposit. The credit card into is needed for the cancellation fee of $300 if needed. Even though the wedding is comped, there is still a fee if the wedding is cancelled within 45 days. I am not doing anything yet with the room block, as I am still in the process of talking to two prospective TAs (one of which is Teresa who is amazingly prompt and thorough with her emails - tstauring@vacations4less.com) and I just mailed out my Save the Dates yesterday. I'll wait to get some feelers on who will be coming before I cross that bridge :)
      Playacar Palace Bride - January 6, 2012!!!!

#33 Tanya Marie

Tanya Marie
      • 334 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:12 PM

Perry1217 pretty much answered you. The creditcard form is in case of cancellation.  If I rememebr correctly, there was a spot to put an amount I wrote 0.00 and then in () wrote unless cancellation occurs and then wrote out what the exact terms were for cancellation. You don't have to give a number of guests now anyway.  You have to give an exact number 30 days before the event date, and even still they were flexiable, I think I gave about 5-7 people more than we really had.  i wouldnt worry too much about the number of guests yet.

Happily Married after an AMAZING wedding at the Playaca Palace in Playa del Carmen, MX!!!

#34 MRR16

MRR16
        • 249 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:08 AM

I am planning a June 2012 wedding at PP and I was hoping someone might have an idea of good times for ceremony/cocktail hour/reception, etc.

How long do those events usually last? I would like to do a late afternoon/early evening ceremony (4 or 5pm)on the beach. Any suggestions on the times, since it will be early summer. And how long between that and the other events is good? I am planning a 1 hour cocktail hour.

Also, is there a time that reception must be over by? And is there an average time for the reception? Is it 3 hours?

Thanks to anyone for suggestion/ideas. Much appreciated.

#35 perry1217

perry1217
          • 355 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

Wedding contract is signed and received!!!!!!! Yaaaa!

#36 RMBride2B

RMBride2B
            • 126 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:04 AM

Congrats!!!  Thanks for clarification of the charge form!  I feel better now.  Am definitely faxing those forms in ASAP! I am also, making the final decision on my TA. I'm going with a local one, however there are others throughout the US.  The company is called All About Honeymoons and Destination Weddings. I would look into them too if you want.  He's gonna be sending out travel and accomodation packages to all my invited guests.  They'll contain a couple different options with different lengths of stay and other important info about passports, etc. We only have to give him $250 (which is actually applied towards our stay) and he does all the rest.  This is my first time working with a TA, so this may be normal, but just thought I'd share with you all just in case. 

But Congrats again!!

#37 perry1217

perry1217
              • 355 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:15 PM

Congrats girl!!!!

Originally Posted by RMBride2B 

Congrats!!!  Thanks for clarification of the charge form!  I feel better now.  Am definitely faxing those forms in ASAP! I am also, making the final decision on my TA. I'm going with a local one, however there are others throughout the US.  The company is called All About Honeymoons and Destination Weddings. I would look into them too if you want.  He's gonna be sending out travel and accomodation packages to all my invited guests.  They'll contain a couple different options with different lengths of stay and other important info about passports, etc. We only have to give him $250 (which is actually applied towards our stay) and he does all the rest.  This is my first time working with a TA, so this may be normal, but just thought I'd share with you all just in case. 

But Congrats again!!

#38 WINEKA1

WINEKA1
                • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:12 PM

Just booked my June 2012 wedding at PP!! So exciting!!! I booked the complimentary wedding but i think at some point i might upgrade to the sapphire collection. I really like the decorations and though they are overpriced, i think it might be difficult to get everything to the resort in good shape and not a crumpled, broken, or wrinkled mess!! What is everyone else in this thread doing about decorations??

#39 Tanya Marie

Tanya Marie
                  • 334 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by WINEKA1 

Just booked my June 2012 wedding at PP!! So exciting!!! I booked the complimentary wedding but i think at some point i might upgrade to the sapphire collection. I really like the decorations and though they are overpriced, i think it might be difficult to get everything to the resort in good shape and not a crumpled, broken, or wrinkled mess!! What is everyone else in this thread doing about decorations??

Congrats!!  You are going to love it!!  I brought every last decoration with me!!!!  Grated, the setting is so beautiful that I felt that I didnt need much, but I felt that they were WAY over priced.  Not 1 thing was broken. A lil wrinkled, even though I had to send off to get pressed I still saved a TON of $$. 

Happily Married after an AMAZING wedding at the Playaca Palace in Playa del Carmen, MX!!!

#40 perry1217

perry1217
                    • 355 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:25 AM

Hey there!!  First, congrats on booking your date!!!  From the pictures I have seen (check out the 2009 & 2010 Playacar Palace Bride thread) the complimentary package is absolutely amazing all on its own.  After breaking down the costs, since I don't need a photographer package, fireworks, etc - I would have been paying 2k for decorations on the sapphire collection when the white is breathtaking all on its own when set against that backdrop.  I am bringing down aqua chair sashes with me - still deciding on anything else!  You definitely have some time to figure it out :)  And Tanya, where did you find the starfish decorations on your aisle chairs?  They are awesome!

Originally Posted by WINEKA1 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users