Photo

2011 & 2012 PLAYACAR PALACE BRIDES!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
673 replies to this topic

#191 tabby2011

tabby2011
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

Thank you for the email.  I also contacted him for questions.  I cant wait until 3 months prior to the wedding to ask my questions.  

#192 tabby2011

tabby2011
    • 47 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:45 PM

Hi everyone,

When does the wedding coordinator contact you to go over everything with you.  I heard 3 months and then i heard 1 month.  I cannot wait that long, i have so many questions and do not know where to turn. 

Anyone remember when the wedding coordinator contacted you?  Or any suggestions on where to turn for questions I need now?

Thank you guys! :)

#193 noelles

noelles
      • Site Supporter
      • 68 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:51 PM

honestly they never did and I have been having a heck of a time, we couldnt even get a response to do the resort visit, once we were there it was amazing so that is how I am working my world.  I am trying to get a definite plan in place and then start the programs and it has been difficult, I have sent two emails a week and called once a week, since May 18, finally got a wedding coordinator and I thought it was going to be smooth sailing.  Its not, when you are there they are totally focused on you, and when you are not they are totally focused on who is there, it makes sense really, but its frustrating as hell, I sent an email last week to the weddings manager saying I realize you plan hundreds of weddings but I only get this one and I am soon going to lose what is left of my mind...I finally got a response, but its difficult and then there is a language barrier you have to be very very precise when you are there its just not as difficult, I dont know but honestly I am glad I started buggin early, although I am fairly sure they arent as glad as I am

Originally Posted by tabby2011 

Hi everyone,

When does the wedding coordinator contact you to go over everything with you.  I heard 3 months and then i heard 1 month.  I cannot wait that long, i have so many questions and do not know where to turn. 

Anyone remember when the wedding coordinator contacted you?  Or any suggestions on where to turn for questions I need now?

Thank you guys! :)

February 1, 2012, 4pm Aventura Cove Palace

21 booked and counting

#194 Tanya Marie

Tanya Marie
        • 334 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by tabby2011 

Would the hotel charge you if you were to bring your own table cloth and sashes etc?  Did anyone have that issue or did you take your own decorations?  Did you have to pay?  I hope not 

Hi Tabby!

I brought everythign myself, originally they told me that they were going to charge me to have someone set it up, (which I was fine with, it was something so small like $100 [but dont quote me]) but in the end they never charged me for it.

Happily Married after an AMAZING wedding at the Playaca Palace in Playa del Carmen, MX!!!

#195 tabby2011

tabby2011
          • 47 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:00 AM

Hey Tanya,

Thank you. :)  Do you by any chance know if they hotel takes the welcome bags to the guests rooms? I heard they might charge for each welcome bag, that is fair i guess. :-I  

Did you do welcome bags by any chance?  I dont know if I should give them out at the Welcome Dinner or give it to the hotel... I am turning Wedding CRAZYYY! Lol! hehe!

#196 sharkyak

sharkyak
            • 30 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:38 AM

So, if you meet the room requirement of 75 room nights and get the free functions. Do you still have to pay for the tables, linens, set-up and such? Also, they give you two hours for private cocktails. What did you do after that for drinks. Just run to one of the other bars which would be included in the all-inclusive portion of your stay?

#197 noelles

noelles
              • Site Supporter
              • 68 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:16 PM

That is what really upset me.  I have more than met the requirement of the room nights, we have two rooms for 14 nights each and I have 36 confirmed guest rooms staying 7 nights.  When I started to look into the cost, set up regardless of what linens you use, if you are not in a restaurant is 6.00 per person for a cocktail hour and 12.00 per table.  That is the set up cost and in place in the event that things need to be moved to areas outside of the restaurant area.  This amount can be covered by your room credit, and that is wonderful, but it is something I never saw coming, when I hear that a private function is gratis I thought that meant gratis.  There is a 3.00 charge for delivering OOT bags which I was expecting, but I will just deliver them myself, and the cost of flowers is insane, so I plan to go to a flower store the morning of the wedding purchase flowers and put all the things together, when we were there we saw so many little flower shops all around there was really no stress in doing it that way.  In the end I decided to do an extended cocktail hour, and then the dinner in the restaurant, that way my guests get the best of both worlds and honestly it is less costly for us, and that is all we can do.  All of that aside, they really do seem to be very determined to make it your dream wedding and the people are amazing, I cant stress enough how incredibly impressed with all of the staff on site I was.

Originally Posted by sharkyak 

So, if you meet the room requirement of 75 room nights and get the free functions. Do you still have to pay for the tables, linens, set-up and such? Also, they give you two hours for private cocktails. What did you do after that for drinks. Just run to one of the other bars which would be included in the all-inclusive portion of your stay?

February 1, 2012, 4pm Aventura Cove Palace

21 booked and counting

#198 tabby2011

tabby2011
                • 47 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:19 PM

At the reception you are getting one bartender i was told.  So even if you do an extended cocktail you should get one bartender for your reception.  Am i wrong?

Originally Posted by noelles 

That is what really upset me.  I have more than met the requirement of the room nights, we have two rooms for 14 nights each and I have 36 confirmed guest rooms staying 7 nights.  When I started to look into the cost, set up regardless of what linens you use, if you are not in a restaurant is 6.00 per person for a cocktail hour and 12.00 per table.  That is the set up cost and in place in the event that things need to be moved to areas outside of the restaurant area.  This amount can be covered by your room credit, and that is wonderful, but it is something I never saw coming, when I hear that a private function is gratis I thought that meant gratis.  There is a 3.00 charge for delivering OOT bags which I was expecting, but I will just deliver them myself, and the cost of flowers is insane, so I plan to go to a flower store the morning of the wedding purchase flowers and put all the things together, when we were there we saw so many little flower shops all around there was really no stress in doing it that way.  In the end I decided to do an extended cocktail hour, and then the dinner in the restaurant, that way my guests get the best of both worlds and honestly it is less costly for us, and that is all we can do.  All of that aside, they really do seem to be very determined to make it your dream wedding and the people are amazing, I cant stress enough how incredibly impressed with all of the staff on site I was.

#199 tabby2011

tabby2011
                  • 47 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

I thought there will be a private bartender at the reception?

#200 tabby2011

tabby2011
                    • 47 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

We are actually getting a a two hour extended reception and paying for it too in the Riviera Ballroom at the Playacar.  A DJ as well (i hope he will be good) and the lighting for reception.  They better give us our private bartender. Shoooooo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users