Photo

2011 & 2012 PLAYACAR PALACE BRIDES!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
673 replies to this topic

#11 perry1217

perry1217
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Tanya Marie 

Quote:
    Originally Posted by perry1217 

Tanya, your pics are absolutely beautiful!!  Thanks for being so generous and sharing your experience!!  I am also planning to have the complimentary wedding, so it was great seeing the real-live pics of it!  I'll be sure to check out your reviews and comments on the 2010 & 2011 thread!!!

Thank you so much!!  I am a big slacker and haven't had a chance to post a review, so please ask if you have any questions.  Here is the link to my website, you ladies are welcome to borrow and of the info on there!!

http://www.mywedding.../pieroandtanya/

Thanks a million Tanya!!  How did you like your travel agent?  We are anticipating having about 35 guests for our DW so I have been strongly considering having a TA.  Did you still get the perks for booking multiple rooms with Palace Resorts (comp nights, free functions, etc)?  And what kind of questions would you recommend asking a TA?  I have never used one before in my life, but figured this would be a situation where for the sake of sanity, I may want to!

Playacar Palace Bride - January 6, 2012!!!!

#12 Tanya Marie

Tanya Marie
    • 334 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:34 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Tanya Marie 

Quote:

Tanya, your pics are absolutely beautiful!!  Thanks for being so generous and sharing your experience!!  I am also planning to have the complimentary wedding, so it was great seeing the real-live pics of it!  I'll be sure to check out your reviews and comments on the 2010 & 2011 thread!!!

Thank you so much!!  I am a big slacker and haven't had a chance to post a review, so please ask if you have any questions.  Here is the link to my website, you ladies are welcome to borrow and of the info on there!!

http://www.mywedding.../pieroandtanya/

Thanks a million Tanya!!  How did you like your travel agent?  We are anticipating having about 35 guests for our DW so I have been strongly considering having a TA.  Did you still get the perks for booking multiple rooms with Palace Resorts (comp nights, free functions, etc)?  And what kind of questions would you recommend asking a TA?  I have never used one before in my life, but figured this would be a situation where for the sake of sanity, I may want to!

You are welcome!  I loved her!! I actually went through the agents here and on the forum.  Tammy recommended her.  It was one of the best decisions that I made.  I knew that I didnt want to deal with my guests travel and or if something went wrong, i didnt want to be responsible for it.  The agent acts as a great middle man between you and your guests.  I would highly recommend it!

I still got all of the same perks, just be sure that your contrat states that you will get the perks...just be sure that the pricing is comparable to online websites...get a quote from the agent and then you have to do homework.  If I found a price cheaper for the same exact, the agent matched it. 

Good Luck!

Happily Married after an AMAZING wedding at the Playaca Palace in Playa del Carmen, MX!!!

#13 WINEKA1

WINEKA1
      • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:31 PM

I am considering a wedding here in June 2012. Does anyone know how the beach is. the beach is the most important part to my fiance, and i heard it had a crappy beach.

#14 perry1217

perry1217
        • 355 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:05 AM

Hey there! From the pictures I've seen of recent weddings there, the beach looks flawless! That was a big deal for me and my FI too. Apparently, the beach was just redone by the Mexican government last year. Check out the photos on TripAdvisor. I think for the most part resort photos taken by the resort look like paintings, so I always rely on TripAdvisor photos - and PP's look amazing!! Good luck!

#15 MRR16

MRR16
          • 249 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:40 PM

I am using a TA from this site as well for a June 2012 wedding at PP. She has been great and answered a bunch of questions for me.

Tanya- what transportation did you use for yourself and your guests from the airport and then again back to the airport? and can you tell me the approxiamte cost for this? Thanks for ALL your great help.

#16 Tanya Marie

Tanya Marie
            • 334 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by MRR16 

I am using a TA from this site as well for a June 2012 wedding at PP. She has been great and answered a bunch of questions for me.

Tanya- what transportation did you use for yourself and your guests from the airport and then again back to the airport? and can you tell me the approxiamte cost for this? Thanks for ALL your great help.

My husband and I were there 2 weeks before the wedding and stayed a week after the wedding so we rented a car.  I had the travel agent figure in the transportation with the pricing.  If I am not mistaking it costs about $70.00 each way from the airport to the hotel, I believe this is what we paid about 2 years ago....I could be wrong

Happily Married after an AMAZING wedding at the Playaca Palace in Playa del Carmen, MX!!!

#17 Tanya Marie

Tanya Marie
              • 334 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:12 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by WINEKA1 

I am considering a wedding here in June 2012. Does anyone know how the beach is. the beach is the most important part to my fiance, and i heard it had a crappy beach.

Quote:

Hey there! From the pictures I've seen of recent weddings there, the beach looks flawless! That was a big deal for me and my FI too. Apparently, the beach was just redone by the Mexican government last year. Check out the photos on TripAdvisor. I think for the most part resort photos taken by the resort look like paintings, so I always rely on TripAdvisor photos - and PP's look amazing!! Good luck!

#18 perry1217

perry1217
                • 355 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:43 AM

Yaaa! Palace Resorts is taking 2012 wedding reservation requests. I just got my email from the Weddings Department confirming my date. I'm officially getting hitched January 6, 2012 at 4pm!!!

#19 WINEKA1

WINEKA1
                  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:03 PM

how much of a deposit did you have to put down for your Jan 2012 wedding. I am wanting to book June 2012. just curious?

#20 perry1217

perry1217
                    • 355 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:10 PM

No worries! I am actually doing the complimentary wedding and adding on extras as needed, so I don't know what kind of deposit I would need, if any. As of right now, I just have the date, time, and WC info, I haven't actually been contacted by the WC yet. To be honest, all I wanted for right now is just to know my date and time was in the books! I can breathe a big sigh of relief and send out those STDs !!!!

Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users